Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 07:10 PM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again:

Tunnels trump Walls!!!

That 10 billion dollar wall will end up costing 40 billion!

Ever heard of tunnel sensors? I'll take the wall at $10 billion plus maintenance over the $113 billion a year that illegals cost us. Anyone would who has any clue about math.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 07:15 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ever heard of tunnel sensors? I'll take the wall at $10 billion plus maintenance over the $113 billion a year that illegals cost us. Anyone would who has any clue about math.
The wall will slow border crossings to the point where the Border Patrol can actually do their job.
No more 600 illegals a day crossing at McAllen, TX.

And giving the Border Patrol enough time to do a thorough job will have major ramifications. In the future, anyone caught trying to cross illegally will have a serious problem.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:21 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
“I think the funding will come relatively quickly ... we will build it where it's needed first as identified by the men and women who work the border."

"If we could surge the court proceedings -- immigration court proceedings on the border -- and within the law, do it very rapidly ... I think that alone would act as a huge deterrent for people who are considering making the trip up."

DHS secretary: Border wall should be finished in two years | Fox News

This was perhaps President Trump's signature issue. It will be exciting to watch how the border wall is completed so quickly.

And how much $$$ American taxpayers get hosed for.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:33 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,083,605 times
Many miles of high walls are being installed along I-75 in Sarasota and Charlotte Counties Florida for noise abatement. [ for the whiners who complain about noise buying property next to an interstate highway]Once the polls are installed, the panels are installed within weeks. And it's not costing $billions$
The same wall system can be installed on our southern border easily within 2 years.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:43 PM

28,680 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Many miles of high walls are being installed along I-75 in Sarasota and Charlotte Counties Florida for noise abatement. [ for the whiners who complain about noise buying property next to an interstate highway]Once the polls are installed, the panels are installed within weeks. And it's not costing $billions$
The same wall system can be installed on our southern border easily within 2 years.
How long did it take to put that nice, clear, broad, fairly level Interstate right of way through there first?

Old 02-02-2017, 08:50 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Get rid of the welfare to illegals and their money grubbing anchor babies. Problem solved. We'd save money and wouldn't have to build a fence.

Sorry, but these anchor babies are US citizens and aren't going anywhere....why do you think they should? This is their country just as well as yours.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Sorry, but these anchor babies are US citizens and aren't going anywhere....why do you think they should? This is their country just as well as yours.

They're only deemed U.S. citizens by a PC policy not based on the Constitution. At any rate, the Supreme Court needs the 14 Amendment on birthright citizenship re-visited for clarification of it.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And how much $$$ American taxpayers get hosed for.

Factor in the $113 billion that illegals cost every year and will increase without border security and we aren't going to be hosed. We'll be ahead of the game.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:07 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They're only deemed U.S. citizens by a PC policy not based on the Constitution. At any rate, the Supreme Court needs the 14 Amendment on birthright citizenship re-visited for clarification of it.
It's part of the constitution. But I agree with you. I think we are the only country that allows this....you're born here then you are a citizen. I have always disagreed with that. But I don't think it will ever be changed.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
talk about double speak

Quote:
Fox News: DHS Secretary Says Parts Of Border Wall Will Be 'See Through'

Fox News reported Thursday morning that Department of Homeland Security Secretary Gen. John Kelly said that parts of President Donald Trump's border wall would be transparent. Fox’s Catherine Herridge said that Kelly told her that the wall “will take a multi-layered approach. There will be the physical wall and then parts of the wall that you can see through because it will rely on sensors and other technology.” In a subsequently aired on-camera interview Thursday afternoon, Kelly told the network that the wall, part "physical" and part "technological sensors," would hopefully be completed in two years.
A transparent wall lol, do you believe in the Easter Bunny too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies