Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 04:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
So are these employers unaware that the Hispanics they employ are illegal?

I don't know if they're legal or illegal, but don't see how that matters when refuting your comment that

Quote:
I'm black and frankly I can't see it. When I was in Illinois before the migration of Latinos to our city, blacks were not in certain jobs--by their own intentions. When Latinos migrated into the area, they became taking the jobs blacks weren't doing anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 04:25 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't know if they're legal or illegal, but don't see how that matters when refuting your comment that
What I said was true in my area. You pointed out a particular instance in Chicago that did not refute my statement.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:43 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It doesn't matter what I did or did not answer. Don't you get it? If illegal aliens weren't present in the US to begin with, employers couldn't hire them.

The fault is squarely on illegal aliens. Deport them ALL. The sooner, the better!

Guess what happens when there are no illegal aliens in the country? Yep: No illegal aliens for employers to hire.
Did you know gringos would go to Mexico in a big truck and put a sign that read. "Work " and recruited them ? Where it went wrong is they stopped doing the seasonal work visas. Laws changed it cost more and then the workers started looking for other farms on other states etc. the globalization and trade laws now made it easy to have cheap labor overseas. So either way, the problem is your employer, and until we see the truth, you can deport 11 m people, we still won't have jobs, food will cost more and weeds will take over . If the drywall man can't make a profit, he no longer going to build homes.
My first , very first move, be manadatory E-Verify. Then see how many illegals are left... We really not looking to fix the economic and job problems. We lie

Old 02-19-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Did you know gringos would go to Mexico in a big truck and put a sign that read. "Work " and recruited them ? Where it went wrong is they stopped doing the seasonal work visas. Laws changed it cost more and then the workers started looking for other farms on other states etc. the globalization and trade laws now made it easy to have cheap labor overseas. So either way, the problem is your employer, and until we see the truth, you can deport 11 m people, we still won't have jobs, food will cost more and weeds will take over . If the drywall man can't make a profit, he no longer going to build homes.
My first , very first move, be manadatory E-Verify. Then see how many illegals are left... We really not looking to fix the economic and job problems. We lie

The Republican Congress can pass laws that put the screws to employers within the next week, and we'd see results within six months...much quicker and much cheaper than a wall.

That is where you see the difference between those who hate the people and those who hate the problem. The two certainly are not mutually exclusive--both can be done.

But those who merely hate the people and not really the problem will not push for tightening laws against employing them, they only push for the anti-people laws.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
What I said was true in my area. You pointed out a particular instance in Chicago that did not refute my statement.
I don't buy what you're selling, but let's assume you're correct and the unemployment rate among African American men is higher than Hispanics because they simply do not want to do certain jobs.

Are you suggesting they're lazy? Too educated for such jobs? Something else?

For those who may not know Ralph is a black man, I'm in no way suggesting he's racist.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't buy what you're selling, but let's assume you're correct and the unemployment rate among African American men is higher than Hispanics because they simply do not want to do certain jobs.

Are you suggesting they're lazy? Too educated for such jobs? Something else?

For those who may not know Ralph is a black man, I'm in no way suggesting he's racist.
I've already said that I've been talking to young black men about going into the trades years. A decade ago, the problem was racism in the trades. Today, the young black men I speak to simply aren't interested in the trades. Mike Rowe means nothing to them.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:36 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,199 times
Quote:
I've already said that I've been talking to young black men about going into the trades years. A decade ago, the problem was racism in the trades. Today, the young black men I speak to simply aren't interested in the trades. Mike Rowe means nothing to them.
That's true they could probably never get in so now they don't even bother. The trades are really cronyism based it wasn't just racism. The way the trades work is you have to be accepted into an apprenticeship at a union hall and that's where the cronyism starts. We're not talking about a fair and balanced HR department at a corporation here lol these people have their own rules.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:39 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,598 times
Quote:
I'm black and frankly I can't see it. When I was in Illinois before the migration of Latinos to our city, blacks were not in certain jobs--by their own intentions. When Latinos migrated into the area, they became taking the jobs blacks weren't doing anyway.
Exactly. By and large, Blacks don't like doing manual labor. Some seem to think that Blacks would take these jobs if not for illegal immigration. They wouldn't. One of the reasons for the influx of illegal immigration is because Blacks weren't filling the openings in these types of professions.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:42 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That's true they could probably never get in so now they don't even bother. The trades are really cronyism based it wasn't just racism. The way the trades work is you have to be accepted into an apprenticeship at a union hall and that's where the cronyism starts. We're not talking about a fair and balanced HR department at a corporation here lol these people have their own rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Exactly. By and large, Blacks don't like doing manual labor. Some seem to think that Blacks would take these jobs if not for illegal immigration. They wouldn't. One of the reasons for the influx of illegal immigration is because Blacks weren't filling the openings in these types of professions.
I think it's generational though like Kirk said they couldn't get into the trades back in the day. They were all white people. They've always been like that..it's never changed. Until now where you see a lot of Mexicans doing construction and so on.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:47 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I think it's generational though like Kirk said they couldn't get into the trades back in the day. They were all white people. They've always been like that..it's never changed. Until now where you see a lot of Mexicans doing construction and so on.
It probably is generational to some degree. I live in the South and even though you see a fair percentage of Blacks in manual labor jobs, you more often see Whites or Hispanics. My personal experience is that younger Black men really don't want to do physical work. They see it as beneath them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies