Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 11:11 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post

Infowars? Really? The guy who thinks there are gay frogs because of water additives?

Conservatives are brain dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 11:12 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Seriously?

If I drive 150mph and don't get a ticket did I break the law?

When you accept those positions you agree to abide by the law. Of course it's the immigrants fault. We are responsible for our actions.

How we behave when nobody is looking is just as important as how we behave when under scrutiny.
Exactly. Getting away with murder doesn't mean you really didn't murder anyone. Nor is it the fault of the murdered or of law enforcement. The ONLY person responsible for one's ILLEGAL actions is ONESELF.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:14 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you lived in Houston Texas.....

You'd notice that many of the civil servant jobs in places like court houses, the county tax offices, the post office, etc that used to be overly represented by black workers have been undergoing a huge shift to Hispanic workers as the need for bilingual language skills has skyrocketed.
Is the government hiring illegal immigrants? If not, then you're in the wrong thread making the wrong argument.

Quote:
I also remember way back in the day when you'd see many black people working good paying construction jobs like roofing. Today it's exceptionally rare to see it.

Yes, this is based on my observations in Houston, but it's up to you to ignore it.
Are those "good paying" jobs still "good paying?" If they are, then you're in the wrong thread making the wrong argument. What's happened there--and I've seen it, and I've talked to young blacks about it--is that black people are eschewing those jobs. I've had too many young black men tell me "No" when I've suggested it.

Now, when illegals are hired at less than "good paying" wages, that's one thing--and that's a fault of employers. But where jobs are still "good paying" and you don't see blacks in them, that's not a fault of illegals.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:56 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Is the government hiring illegal immigrants? If not, then you're in the wrong thread making the wrong argument.

Are those "good paying" jobs still "good paying?" If they are, then you're in the wrong thread making the wrong argument. What's happened there--and I've seen it, and I've talked to young blacks about it--is that black people are eschewing those jobs. I've had too many young black men tell me "No" when I've suggested it.

Now, when illegals are hired at less than "good paying" wages, that's one thing--and that's a fault of employers. But where jobs are still "good paying" and you don't see blacks in them, that's not a fault of illegals.

Really? I remember seeing blacks on most janitorial jobs. They didn't just give them up because they didn't want them anymore. Illegal aliens ran them off those jobs by working for less.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:08 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And exactly WHY didn't they bother to become LEGAL immigrants? Hmmm...???
Because EMPLOYERS ARE STILL HIRING THEM, ANYWAYS, among the other reasons I illustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, YES, they are. Deport them.

Do you bother to even read the responses before you post?

Good grief.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:20 PM

89,030 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Because EMPLOYERS ARE STILL HIRING THEM, ANYWAYS, among the other reasons I illustrated.
And when they're using fake or stolen SS numbers, whose fault is that?

Hint: NOT the employers' fault.

Bottom line: Illegal aliens KNOW they aren't authorized to work in the US. Violating the law is on them. Deport ALL illegal aliens.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:29 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really? I remember seeing blacks on most janitorial jobs. They didn't just give them up because they didn't want them anymore. Illegal aliens ran them off those jobs by working for less.
We were talking about trades, not janitorial jobs.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:39 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

I'll spell it out better.

Due to all of the illegals coming her who can only speak Spanish, these offices need to hire people who are dual language Spanish and English.

Who is more likely to speak both languages?

It's not black people or even white people. It's legal Hispanics.

Go to any of the city or county hiring sites, and you'll understand.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:47 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Waste Management!

From what I read, everyone from the neighborhood trash collector to the top brass in the waste management field make really good money.

Not a glamorous job, but trash removal cannot be done online.

There will be self-driving garbage trucks before self-driving cars. The programming algorithms are actually easier, and there is a bigger payback.

If you don't have your little bit on the proper spot on the proper day you will be out of luck.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:48 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times
I really wanted that job bicycling Chinese food across Brooklyn, but a damn illegal took it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies