Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 08:33 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Why the hell should black people have to act like white people to get white people to hire us?

For black people, it doesn't make any difference--We have to do what we have to do to get hired by people who are not our color. We have to understand that, and it makes no difference whether it means speaking Spanish or standard English. It's all someone else's culture.

Blacks shouldn't have to act like whites to get hired and actually I don't know what the hell you mean by that. No American, black, white or otherwise should have to know Spanish to get a job in this country unless they are seeking a job in the tourist industry or have business dealings with a Spanish speaking country on their job but even at that English is the world's business language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 08:54 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

You evidently don't even bother to read the links you post. My goodness.

Stop replying.
Illegal aliens KNOW they aren't authorized to work in the US, but seek employment anyway, lie to employers about their status, use fake or stolen SS numbers. Whose fault is that? The illegal aliens' fault. Pure and simple. Deport them.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:55 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Illegal aliens KNOW they aren't authorized to work in the US, but seek employment anyway, lie to employers about their status, use fake or stolen SS numbers. Whose fault is that? The illegal aliens' fault. Pure and simple. Deport them.
Deport quickly and often .

Old 02-19-2017, 09:13 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Truth told.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:19 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
When I figured out after retiring from the military that I'd have a better chance getting a job if I knew a couple of programming languages, so I learned a couple.

I took Spanish in high school. If I already lived somewhere it was frequently spoken, I'd have stuck with it. As it is, now living in Texas I'm getting back into it, because not knowing Spanish in Texas is stupid. I say that to other black people down here at least once a week. You're freaking stupid if you're not learning Spanish.

But I also know a heck of a lot of black people who have local government jobs who don't speak Spanish.

So not speaking Spanish is not an excuse, and if it is someone's excuse, then he's stupid for not learning it.
The FACT of the matter is that many of these positions prefer bilingual skills in Spanish/English.

If you want to pretend this isn't a disadvantage to non-Latinos, go ahead.

Notice the Spanish/English under preferences:

Harris County - Office of Human Resources & Risk Management - Home

Go to the county jobs website, and you'll find a significant number of listings wanting Spanish.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:48 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You need a source? lol How can someone be so uninformed they do not know that illegals are taking jobs American minorities are working. Hospitality, unskilled construction, and landscaping. Those jobs have also seen wages drop.
Pfft! Yeah, who needs sources, right? Pesky facts, man. Ironically enough, you talk about someone else being uniformed right after saying sources are unnecessary.

Anyways, this is all because of the employer, illegals happen to be reaping the benefits.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:54 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The FACT of the matter is that many of these positions prefer bilingual skills in Spanish/English.

If you want to pretend this isn't a disadvantage to non-Latinos, go ahead.

Notice the Spanish/English under preferences:

Go to the county jobs website, and you'll find a significant number of listings wanting Spanish.
Same thing in Los Angeles as well
If we weren't a sanctuary city I wonder if this would be necessary I'm guessing no

Old 02-19-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
The free pass you're giving employers (you conveniently ignored all of the other documents and procedures that go into getting a new job) is the very reason they know they can get away with what they do with little backlash and repercussions.

You're too busy stroking out over illegals, while ignoring how employers knowlingly continue to hire them and even circumventing the system in order to hire them and keep them.

Deport them, great. But someone's giving them the opportunity to begin with.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:59 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
The free pass you're giving employers (you conveniently ignored all of the other documents and procedures that go into getting a new job) is the very reason they know they can get away with what they do with little backlash and repercussions.
If illegal aliens weren't present in the country and didn't try to work ILLEGALLY in the US, employers couldn't hire them.

Get it? The problem STARTS with illegal aliens violating the law.

Deport ALL illegal aliens. The sooner, the better.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
If illegal aliens weren't present in the country and didn't try to work ILLEGALLY in the US, employers couldn't hire them.

Get it? The problem STARTS with illegal aliens violating the law.

Deport ALL illegal aliens. The sooner, the better.
And you didn't bother to respond to the entire post. You're not even reading the links you provide, nor are you bothering to read and critically assess the content of people's posts.

Comical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies