Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 08:12 PM

1,640 posts, read 795,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
White men were the first settlers of this country. White men were the authors of our Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights. This country was built by white men.
White Europeans colonized a good deal of this planet. What makes America "America" is not white men, but diversity. A lot when into the creation of this country. That is what is missed here in this thread. That's what people are not understanding about the motivations of GE as well imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 08:25 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
White Europeans colonized a good deal of this planet. What makes America "America" is not white men, but diversity. A lot when into the creation of this country. That is what is missed here in this thread. That's what people are not understanding about the motivations of GE as well imo.
"Diversity" and affirmative action are what killing this nation. Merit and the ability to work in a team are the only things that should be considered.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:26 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I disagree strongly. White men alone founded this country, not "diversity". Every one of us living here in this country benefited from the white, male, European settlers' accomplishments, courage, and vision.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
White men, settlers and their families, built this country, the best country in the world. To deny their bravery, success, and influence is absurd. You should be grateful for white men who built this country instead of hating them.
Ehhh....not quite.

That might sound good and make you feel good, but that's about it. And i don't know why you'd feel so cocky about it. After all, YOU didn't build squat.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I disagree strongly. White men alone made this country, not "diversity". Every one of us living here in this country benefited from the white men founders and European settlers accomplishments, courage, and vision.
More nonsense. White men ALONE did NOT make this country. Not even close.

Were they the majority of the population that settled this country after killing off the original inhabitants? Yeah. But are they the lone contributors to the establishment, building and success of this country?

Hell no. No chance.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ehhh....not quite.

That might sound good and make you feel good, but that's about it. And i don't know why you'd feel so cocky about it. After all, YOU didn't build squat.
Neither did you.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:32 PM

Quote:
More nonsense. White men ALONE did NOT make this country. Not even close.

Were they the majority of the population that settled this country after killing off the original inhabitants? Yeah. But are they the lone contributors to the establishment, building and success of this country?

Hell no. No chance.
I'm not going to get into this conversation. Indians were not original to this country according to archeologists. Indians were also settlers and were defeated by the white settlers, just like every other defeated people.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:58 PM

1,640 posts, read 795,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
"Diversity" and affirmative action are what killing this nation. Merit and the ability to work in a team are the only things that should be considered.
Diversity is killing this country? That is ridiculous. This is not about sacrificing merit for diversity. That you assume that is sexist and racist. We all have a different style, a different approach. If you're putting a team together you don't want a group of similar people. You want a group of different people. The more diversity the more ideas.
Quote:
I disagree strongly. White men alone founded this country, not "diversity". Every one of us living here in this country benefited from the white, male, European settlers' accomplishments, courage, and vision.
Nobody alone does anything. That is a shortsighted statement. You don't think there were women running farms, running inns, managing life centuries back? You don't think there were men and women of color also showcasing courage and strength? And this vision that has morphed and grown over centuries is not simply the vision of white men. It's much more than that.
Quote:
Ehhh....not quite.

This is what it always seems to come down to. There is ownership and I don't get it.

Quote:
Neither did you.
I like it when this country is called an on-going experiment. That's what it is and we are still building it.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Neither did you.
Damn right. I'm descended from people that DID build this place. Maybe, just maybe (and that's a big maybe), you are too. It's a longshot.

But then, i'm not running around talking about who did what. You are.
Quote:
I'm not going to get into this conversation. Indians were not original to this country according to archeologists. Indians were also settlers and were defeated by the white settlers, just like every other defeated people.
You started this conversation without being prodded to do so. So you're already into it.

All i'm saying is that a hell of a lot of different types of people contributed to building this country. Anyone claiming anything else is fulla poop.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Like hell.

This country went centuries before anyone ever uttered the words "merit and the ability to work in a team." Merit was qualified by being white and male no matter how incompetent they were. And a hell of a lot of them were incompetent.

But now, diversity and affirmative action are "killing this nation."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies