Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 06:50 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,755,616 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La-XMfcBrmQ

Old 03-03-2017, 07:11 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,596,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/nbc4i.com...ate-flags/amp/

I can only imagine what these scumbags were thinking as they terrorized party-goers (mostly kids) with a shotgun:

"Hooray, Trump won! We can totally get away with this stuff now!"

Have fun in prison, Deplorables.
HUH? This happened 16 months BEFORE Trump won.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,936,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Bigoted types always pick those they perceive as weak. Dylann Roof was welcomed into that church with open arms. It was mostly women who he shot. 6 women, 3 men. Only one person was under 40. Roof complained about Blacks being criminals. If he was so concerned about Black male criminals, why didn't he go into North Charleston? He could have just become a judge and punished criminals of all races. No, he went after the weakest. He even admitted he couldn't go into the ghetto and kill. He went into a church and did that.

Everything else is true. Dylann Roof, drug user, dropout, he was literally just full of hate.
Mr Roof needs to be put in general prison population. Doing like what you said made him a lot MORE enemies, I think even some other white supremacists are pissed at him shooting up that church. He's coward loser.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:25 PM

32,155 posts, read 15,143,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Its the "gang and street crime" law. It refers to gangs which exist for the purpose of criminal activity. Think of the "bloods and crips".

Labeling this group as a "gang" seems to be a stretch for the definition. Since the purpose of the group was not for any criminal activity. Nor was their intent to commit any crime.

The fact that they did in fact commit crime, isn't sufficient to say that they are a street gang. Any more than if you and a few of your friends went driving around and committed a crime, that you are suddenly a gang.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang

I can disagree with anything all I want. I also don't like "mandatory-minimums". And if I think the courts are being unjust, then I'm going to scream it to the winds, and you should as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDVmldTurqk

Why are you defending this corrupt criminal-justice system? You agree with me. So why are you defending a stupid law?
The purpose of this group was to terrorize and that is criminal activity. Why would their target be an 8 year old at his birthday party. They got what they deserved because we can't tolerate this racism anymore.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:38 AM

19,870 posts, read 12,162,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
HUH? This happened 16 months BEFORE Trump won.
That's no excuse!!

Old 03-04-2017, 03:25 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,233,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
From your links just one person said there were rocks thrown, no one else said that and its not in the official reports so I'm disinclined to believe it.

The plea bargain system is messed up, I agree with that.
I can't find the official report. I can only find what is written on the county's District Attorney's website(IE the prosecutor's office), and what they wrote was very slanted against them(exactly what you would expect).

I know that the police originally let them go at the scene. And it seems like most of the weight of the prosecution seems to be that, over the course of two days, several different people called the police, with a second group saying that they pulled a gun on them as well.

And I think, since it happened "At a child's birthday party", and that they threatened to shoot "the little ones too", probably did a lot to sway the decision of the jury.

I agree that what they did/said was stupid. But I still insist, I don't think they intended to do any harm to anyone(and they did no harm to anyone).

I think part of the problem is, if you drive around waving a Confederate flag in some parts of town, you're going to **** people off.

In one instance, they were at a gas-station and there was a car full of black men, and they ended up pulling a gun there as well. If I was to guess, they got into an argument, and it nearly escalated into violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-MBlxrVeP8

Old 03-04-2017, 10:10 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,267,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I can't find the official report. I can only find what is written on the county's District Attorney's website(IE the prosecutor's office), and what they wrote was very slanted against them(exactly what you would expect).

I know that the police originally let them go at the scene. And it seems like most of the weight of the prosecution seems to be that, over the course of two days, several different people called the police, with a second group saying that they pulled a gun on them as well.

And I think, since it happened "At a child's birthday party", and that they threatened to shoot "the little ones too", probably did a lot to sway the decision of the jury.

I agree that what they did/said was stupid. But I still insist, I don't think they intended to do any harm to anyone(and they did no harm to anyone).

I think part of the problem is, if you drive around waving a Confederate flag in some parts of town, you're going to **** people off.

In one instance, they were at a gas-station and there was a car full of black men, and they ended up pulling a gun there as well. If I was to guess, they got into an argument, and it nearly escalated into violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-MBlxrVeP8
And did it say there that they threw rocks?

It was clear that they didn't set out with the intention of not harming people - if they didn't want to harm anyone they wouldn't have gone out with the Confederate flag, shouting racial insults and taking weapons with them. From that the assumption should lean more towards them intending to cause harm - why are you so keen to assume they didn't intend harm? And can you honestly say you would make the same assumption if it were black or middle easterners shouting racial insults at whites and carrying weapons? Would you really assume that they intended no harm?

Old 03-04-2017, 10:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,282,138 times
Obviously the sentencing is outrageously harsh. I don't agree with it. I'm not even sure that jail is necessary.

BUT....no one complains when the REAL target of this stupid draconian law (black kids) get these outrageous sentences. This is a great example of "when the laws we thought we wanted goes wrong."

It's painful for SOME PEOPLE to see young white kids get this treatment.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,282,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Law and order people. Believe in it and embrace it or go home. You guys (the righty tighties - hehe) are big proponents of law and order so, if you are being honest, then I don't understand the problem. I do, but I want you guys to admit it. Won't hold my breath. Cheers.
Yep. These aren't the people fitting the description of who they thought would get caught up in this dragnet.

Mandatory minimums suck. But no one cares unless it ensnares the wrong kind of people.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:21 AM

9,018 posts, read 13,874,155 times
That Torres guy is Hispanic or Portuguese?

Jose Torres might just be a "minority" himself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies