Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 09:53 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Well as far as the business people he has chosen, I'll bet their companies don't waste money like a sieve. I am conservative and this is my BIGGEST problem with the federal government. And education cannot possibly get any worse.
lol, the Wall Street fat cats that crashed the economy are like a parasite on the taxpayer. Goldman Sachs that is now in charge once again are not called Government Sachs for nothing. Waste money like a sieve? They dont care, because YOU pay for the bailouts while they get richer than ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 09:53 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Trump has repeatedly offered an olive branch to the Democrats and they have refused to take it. Their actions tonight made them look very small and petty. Not to mention un-American.

It's time to bury the hatchet and work together for the common good of the American citizen.
He call Schumer the head clown. How's that for an olive branch. Trump has done nothing to unite us. So I'm not sure why you are saying he has repeatedly offered an olive branch, because I can tell you he hasn't. I guess you missed Obama's state of the union address when republicans did the exact same thing. At least democrats were respectful enough not to have someone like Wilson stand up and call Obama a liar. Now that was unamerican.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:54 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Hahaha, the donor that gave $10 million to buy her position inherited her wealth and has zero experience in "fixing big organizations".

You just like that special interests, lobbyists, crony capitalists and Wall Street fat cats get rewarded for their donations. Thats how legalized bribery in America works. YOU dont have the money to bribe the politicians you vote for, so you hope those that did bribe them are looking out for your interests and not their own.
I choose to not be that cynical. I believe they are patriots who gave up great paying jobs to make peanuts to help fix this country and maybe go down in the history books doing so.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:55 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
lol, the Wall Street fat cats that crashed the economy are like a parasite on the taxpayer. Goldman Sachs that is now in charge once again are not called Government Sachs for nothing. Waste money like a sieve? They dont care, because YOU pay for the bailouts while they get richer than ever.
Well Obama's cabinet did nothing to rein in spending so lets try something different K? He especially did not direct agencies to come up with ways to cut spending. You have to tell them to do it first.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:56 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He call Schumer the head clown. How's that for an olive branch. Trump has done nothing to unite us. So I'm not sure why you are saying he has repeatedly offered an olive branch, because I can tell you he hasn't. I guess you missed Obama's state of the union address when republicans did the exact same thing. At least democrats were respectful enough not to have someone like Wilson stand up and call Obama a liar. Now that was unamerican.
Schumer is not a clown? Let's call him for what he really is. Lets not pretend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
That's not what you wrote originally. You should have stated among industrialized countries. But Singapore and Thailand don't have. They are not the level of Papa New Guinea either.
Nope, you didnt read the articles. The Forbes article clearly state that Papua New Guinea and America are the two countries without. Singapore and Thailand both have paid parental leave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_leave

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
So did I.

I didn't think he was responding to the speech at all. I think he was replaying the same old fake news from the last month.

Funny, the current Governor told President Trump that Obama Care had failed them in Kentucky. President Trump mentioned that when talking about Obama Care. The former Governor obviously is out of touch with what is happening in his State, at least as it relates to Obama Care.
So wrong - the much-praised KyConnect ACA healthcare came into being under moderate Democratic two-term Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear. Hundreds of thousands received medical insurance and care which they had lacked previously.

Now, under Tea Party conservative Republican and inexperienced Governor Matt Bevin, KyConnect is gone. See my post above for more info. about what Bevin is doing to Kentucky. Very little of it is in the best interests of the vast majority of Kentuckians.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 02-28-2017 at 10:11 PM..

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
As someone who has never been a fan of Donald Trump, I have to say that was a very moving, emotional and inspiring speech.

I wish he communicated in that fashion more often, rather than how he has to this point.

Once the bar is low enough, mediocre sounds almost impressive. He knows that technique.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:57 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
Quote:
Nope, you didnt read the articles. The Forbes article clearly state that Papua New Guinea and America are the two countries without. Singapore and Thailand both have paid parental leave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_leave
Not from your previous link. You are changing your story again. Your previous link stated only 41 countries offer maternal leave, not all have parental leave either.
And Singapore is only for married women who are born in Singapore and have worked 90 days at the company.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I choose to not be that cynical. I believe they are patriots who gave up great paying jobs to make peanuts to help fix this country and maybe go down in the history books doing so.
You believe legalized bribery is patriotic? Who do you think fund the puppets in Congress? Wall Street is the biggest lobbyist on Capitol Hill. You think the biggest and most powerful people on Wall Street suddenly become "patriots" after yet another election with massive bribery to get their way? You choose to look the other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies