Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 09:00 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
We all want America to prosper. You can continue to doubt him, but at some point you are going to realize that the guy beats expectations.
The problem is he is against what makes America great and what it stands for. Equal rights. He praised cops and talked about crime, yet we have a problem of cops getting off for clear attempted manslaughter/murder-2 of alleged criminals who are following orders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 09:00 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,977,497 times
Apparently Van Jones (on CNN) said that Trump became President tonight and that those who don't like him should be very worried .. for the next 8 years!

Wonder of wonders .. miracle of miracles.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:01 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'm a Dem and I think he did well. He didn't write the speech but he read it very well. The main thing I don't like is the health care savings accounts and tax credit--how is that going to work for poor people?

Other than that, pretty good. What's he going to do about illegals though--need more specifics. Wall? What about those who are already here illegally--how to get them out.
Or those early retired, living on savings with no income. Tax credits do nothing for this class.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:02 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Apparently Van Jones (on CNN) said that Trump became President tonight and that those who don't like him should be very worried .. for the next 8 years!

Wonder of wonders .. miracle of miracles.
Wow. That's pretty shocking praise.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:02 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,397,861 times
How 'bout that Grumpy Trumpy!

Didn't vote for him but . . . I will give the boy an "A" for Effort and SELF-CONTROL on his first Congressional Address.

: )

Old 02-28-2017, 09:03 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is he is against what makes America great and what it stands for. Equal rights. He praised cops and talked about crime, yet we have a problem of cops getting off for clear attempted manslaughter/murder-2 of alleged criminals who are following orders.
Defending black criminal thugs to get black votes has nothing to do with making America great.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:03 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Don't be coy. Your backhanded 'compliments' throughout this thread have been nothing more than precursors to criticism - a few times at the expense of the guests in attendance.

Own it at least.
Not true. There is nothing to "own." I have always been honest in my posts. I wasn't trying to be coy. I give credit when credit is due. However, it was Trump who immediately began talking about FDA regulations, etc. that prevent others from getting the help they need. I only mentioned that he wants to cut medical research and at the same time is talking about curing rear diseases.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:05 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I listened to the Dem response and got lost at the point where the gentleman described what Trump was going to do to healthcare. He described exactly what Obama did to American citizens with Obamacare. Unaffordable, decimated health coverage, increased costs.

Nobody said jack when millions of Americans got their 90 day letters of termination from their carriers. Nobody said jack when middle class Americans stopped seeking medical treatment because of the huge out of pocket expense. Nobody said jack when health care costs tripled. Nobody said jack when it turned out that the major expense for Medicaid patients was drugs.

A Dem response is expected and appreciated to give us an opposing view. At least Trump is not passing a healthcare plan based on "the stupidity of the American people."
The problem is republicans have no idea what to do about healthcare and neither does Trump. Republicans have had years to come up with an alternative plan but they can't agree on it. They only way for everyone to have healthcare is a single payer system which is what Obama wanted but republicans did not. Nothing else will work.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:05 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,094,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Dems are in disarray and Trump will be the most popular person in Congress tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Al9RN-Yic
Wow. Interesting video.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The problem is republicans have no idea what to do about healthcare and neither does Trump. Republicans have had years to come up with an alternative plan but they can't agree on it. They only way for everyone to have healthcare is a single payer system which is what Obama wanted but republicans did not. Nothing else will work.
The Former Speaker said as much. They dont have an alternative that will work without going further to the left than Democrats did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies