Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 08:41 PM

3,248 posts, read 3,202,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I saw President Trump argue for 1 Trillion dollars in transportation spending.

Laws for Price controls on drugs

Comprehensive immigration reform.

I guess you can say Democrats lost in that a Republican is president, but he just put forth D policies.
Exactly. And I'll add an "I" to your comment and take it one step further. Trump is really an Independent -- he isn't 100% D or R -- and I think that was a large part of his appeal during the campaign. Can you imagine a true blue Republican blaming Bush the Second for 9/11?

Trump started out as a Republican, but 12 years later registered as Independent. He was an Independent for only 2 years when he then registered Democrat. He was a Democrat for 8 years, and then, in September 2009 he registered as a Republican. Shortly after 9/11 he changed again--back to Independent, but only for a few months. In early 2012 he returned to the Republican Party. And here we are today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 08:41 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
So is her father. Has been most of his life but recently switched so that he could run. He knew he'd never win the primary over Hillary. So he switched and took down all the establishment republicans.
He did and I was against him most of the way. I'm cautiously optimistic now.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:43 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I wish they had told us how they're going to pay for all these things.

Who pays for the wall? Who pays to deport the illegals? or do they get to stay now?

How's the health insurance going to work? How well are people going to be insured? Not just minimal but REAL health coverage. Need more details--good speech but very general. Dem. here--we all want the country to do well but need answers.
Agree. Very little substance. Continuing lowering expectations.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:45 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Why didn't the Dems use a beloved ousted Dem politician from one of the blue wall states they lost in 2016 for the rebuttal? WI, PA, OH, MI? That would have made much more sense.

A 'good ole boy' from Kentucky? That's a real head scratcher. The Dem party must really be in complete disarray.

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Wonderful guests. Worthy of being honored.
I agree. I tearfully stood up and applauded the 20 year old with a rear disease who is in college. What a remarkable young woman.

However, didn't President Trump propose to drastically cut the budget for medical research?

2,240 posts, read 1,387,143 times
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
nice to not be scolded for once
:d

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
He did and I was against him most of the way. I'm cautiously optimistic now.
I want America to prosper, I don't think tRump was the answer when primaries came up (I didn't vote since Christie was done by that point and I had to register to be Republican for it), again when he won the nomination in July, when I voted by mail in October, when he won in November and I still don't as we go into March 2017.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:46 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times
Arrow Wow! I am actually pleasantly surprised.

As someone who has never been a fan of Donald Trump, I have to say that was a very moving, emotional and inspiring speech.

I wish he communicated in that fashion more often, rather than how he has to this point.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:48 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
By the way, I hope you realize that these speeches are all rehearsed & planned ahead of time.
Appalling, isn't it?

Old 02-28-2017, 08:48 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why didn't the Dems use a beloved ousted Dem politician from one of the blue wall states they lost in 2016 for the rebuttal? WI, PA, OH, MI? That would have made much more sense.

A 'good ole boy' from Kentucky? That's a real head scratcher. The Dem party must really be in complete disarray.

Who got ousted in Wisconsin, PA, Ohio or Michigan. I dont remember any incumbents losing in those states .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies