Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 08:55 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Please don't use my message of praise to the guests for your political agenda. Don't we get enough of that from the media? There is no "however" when it comes to these guests. Shame on you.
Yes. 1000 times this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 08:56 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
ABC just went russia

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I think corporations already have this. I was paid 6-8 weeks, and was giving the choice to work from homeuntil my kids were at least 2 years old. Let's not get too radicalized.
lol. Papua New Guinea and America are the radical extreme countries. The rest of the world laugh at the company America is in when it comes to guaranteed worker's rights. And the Democrats are only marginally better than the GOP! Its appalling. Even conservative parties in the rest of the developed world are shocked by the callous attitude towards workers in America.

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Lets play a drinking game every time he attacks the media take a drink
Ha Ha...Guess you are sober
I thought President Trump was fantastic.

I was embarrassed for the grim faced Democrats.

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
I'm watching the speech now and I think it's great, watching every word of it.

Wish some of the h8rz would give the guy a chance. I think he's as sincere as he can be, solid, focused, unyielding, and hard working.

I'm happy, I have been enjoying this Presidency.

Join the winning team. Resist, fight, and resent will only lead to health problems. It's a choice. Making the best out of what I had is what I've done with adversity. In fact, as a sober alcoholic of 13 continuous years and sober for most of 23 years, I learned to thrive in adversity.

I can't figure out how dems and repubs have become so divided.

3,091 posts, read 3,968,381 times
I listened to the Dem response and got lost at the point where the gentleman described what Trump was going to do to healthcare. He described exactly what Obama did to American citizens with Obamacare. Unaffordable, decimated health coverage, increased costs.

Nobody said jack when millions of Americans got their 90 day letters of termination from their carriers. Nobody said jack when middle class Americans stopped seeking medical treatment because of the huge out of pocket expense. Nobody said jack when health care costs tripled. Nobody said jack when it turned out that the major expense for Medicaid patients was drugs.

A Dem response is expected and appreciated to give us an opposing view. At least Trump is not passing a healthcare plan based on "the stupidity of the American people."

Old 02-28-2017, 08:57 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Please don't use my message of praise to the guests for your political agenda. Don't we get enough of that from the media? There is no "however" when it comes to these guests. Shame on you.
Sorry that you took offense. I didn't mean it that way. This is, after all, a thread about the Presidential Address.

I just reread what I wrote and there's nothing offensive in my post. Are you telling me President Trump didn't use all of those people for his own political agenda? That would be very naive. In fact, he began talking about reducing regulations immediately after he introduced that amazing young woman.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:58 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
ABC just went russia
LOL, and they wonder why they are labeled "fake news".

Old 02-28-2017, 08:59 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Sorry that you took offense. I didn't mean it that way. This is, after all, a thread about the Presidential Address.
Don't be coy. Your backhanded 'compliments' throughout this thread have been nothing more than precursors to criticism - a few times at the expense of the guests in attendance.

Own it at least.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:00 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,092,438 times
Thumbs up Transcript please!!

Through the fog...
Comes the transcript:

FULL SPEECH: President Trump's address to a joint session of Congress | TheHill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies