Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 09:26 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Tonight he did something Obama never did, he actually connected with Americans on a human level. Great speech. Can't say enough about it. This is the man I voted for.
Nope, he didn't connect with me on a human level. Obama did that for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
lol. Papua New Guinea and America are the radical extreme countries. The rest of the world laugh at the company America is in when it comes to guaranteed worker's rights. And the Democrats are only marginally better than the GOP! Its appalling. Even conservative parties in the rest of the developed world are shocked by the callous attitude towards workers in America.
No, your ideas are radicalized. I'm sure there are tons of countries don't have.

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Defending black criminal thugs to get black votes has nothing to do with making America great.
No, but not all that are murdered, excuse me killed by police are black and "criminal thugs."
Officer who shot unarmed black therapist in Miami has virtually clean record | Fox News
Police kill amputee in wheelchair at group home for the mentally ill - CNN.com

Old 02-28-2017, 09:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Tonight he did something Obama never did, he actually connected with Americans on a human level. Great speech. Can't say enough about it. This is the man I voted for.

Yes, the speech was good. But let me ask you this. If Obama never "connected" with Americans, why did he win by a huge landslide? He not only won by 365 EC, he got 10.5 million more popular votes than his opponent. He also won in 2012. If people didn't like him, he wouldn't have won a 2nd term or left office with a 60% approval rating. If not "human level," on what level did he connect with...alien? plant?

716 posts, read 393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well then resent and cry and gnash your teeth for 8 years...
The speech was as good as your average Republican's ability to judge character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
...Oh, and the election is long over sweety pie.
Tell it to Trump...

1,529 posts, read 915,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Bill Clinton?
And who is Bill Clinton?

Old 02-28-2017, 09:30 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The problem is republicans have no idea what to do about healthcare and neither does Trump. Republicans have had years to come up with an alternative plan but they can't agree on it. They only way for everyone to have healthcare is a single payer system which is what Obama wanted but republicans did not. Nothing else will work.
That's your idea, not everyone else. We will create an enormous leisure class with their own entertainment, why go to work. Don't forget USA has the largest GDP in the world, something like 24%, the next in line is China, 14%.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:33 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, the speech was good. But let me ask you this. If Obama never "connected" with Americans, why did he win by a huge landslide? He not only won by 365 EC, he got 10.5 million more popular votes than his opponent. He also won in 2012. If people didn't like him, he wouldn't have won a 2nd term or left office with a 60% approval rating.
Those two elections were the worst in history for me. I voted for Obama because look at the alternatives in the Republican Party. When I voted Obama I was thinking maybe another Bill Clinton. When I voted Trump I prayed please, not another Obama. Hillary would have been far worse, she would have been a completely corrupt Obama.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:34 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I cried during the Ryan moment. That was devastating and beautiful at the same time. Powerful moment
That woman has a lot of faith. You could see her get stronger when she looked to heaven. A month removed from losing her husband, amazing woman.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:36 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Quote:
That woman has a lot of faith. You could see her get stronger when she looked to heaven. A month removed from losing her husband, amazing woman.
This I think we can all agree on. her strength was amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies