Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 09:15 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Trump has repeatedly offered an olive branch to the Democrats and they have refused to take it. Their actions tonight made them look very small and petty. Not to mention un-American.

It's time to bury the hatchet and work together for the common good of the American citizen.
It's pretty hard after dealing with 8 years of republicans refusing to work together. You can't expect one month goes by and everything be copacetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 09:16 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Except for the thumbs down.
Yes, I thought that was very immature.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:18 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
This was the best speech I've seen from Trump. It was well-planned and executed and he read it quite smoothly off the Teleprompter. He must have broken his tradition and actually showed-up to practice it a few times, this afternoon. Whoever wrote it, hit on many important issues, but yet managed to completely ignore many sensitive matters, that would likely have had a negative impact on him.

He demonstrated that he could act in a somewhat dignified way, if he tried hard enough. If only he'd had the sense to conduct himself in this way from the beginning, he'd be far ahead of where he is now. But I'm wondering if tomorrow (most likely at 3 am), will he be back on Twitter, with his usual?

I recommend that everyone watch the rebuttal by former Kentucky Governor, Democrat Steve Beshear. That was a masterpiece of concise and pertinent commentary. Is he available to run for president?

Watch Democratic response to Trump speech to Congress

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 02-28-2017 at 09:58 PM..

Old 02-28-2017, 09:20 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
As someone who has never been a fan of Donald Trump, I have to say that was a very moving, emotional and inspiring speech.

I wish he communicated in that fashion more often, rather than how he has to this point.
He needs time and preparation to come up with this stuff. Tweets and rest of the stuff is instantaneous and impulsive stuff. That being said, he is learning and changing from his election days.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:20 PM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
The election isn't a sport and America isn't a Tony Robbins seminar.
Well then resent and cry and gnash your teeth for 8 years.

Oh, and the election is long over sweety pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Trump has repeatedly offered an olive branch to the Democrats and they have refused to take it. Their actions tonight made them look very small and petty. Not to mention un-American.

It's time to bury the hatchet and work together for the common good of the American citizen.
That would be nice... For their sakes, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
The speech was as good as your average Republican's ability to judge character.

Tell it to Trump...
Tell it to Trump? With vote recounts by Stein, Russians, threats of repeal, Women's marches lead by terrorist murders, Soros, the Obama Administration who is in bed with the DOJ, parts of the Intelligence community, the fake news media and the fake educated academia and the fake faced Hollywood?

We enjoy Trump kicking their asses to the curb every single time and we'll do it again and again for the next 8 years.

Go Trump and Go USA!

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-28-2017 at 09:48 PM..

Old 02-28-2017, 09:23 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Tonight he did something Obama never did, he actually connected with Americans on a human level. Great speech. Can't say enough about it. This is the man I voted for.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:23 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Did anyone else think the dem response from an old white former governor in a diner in Kentucky was odd? It screamed "Hey we like rural white people too!" Way too obvious and odd.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:25 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Lucky you! Guess what. Most people don't work for corporations! Trump promised to help "the people." "The people" do not work for corporations. You like it when it's for YOU, but you're against anyone else getting it.
You need to read it again. I'm for it. But I didn't like PCA statement that USA and New Guinea are the only two countries that don't have. That's radicalized.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:25 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Did anyone else think the dem response from an old white former governor in a diner in Kentucky was odd? It screamed "Hey we like rural white people too!" Way too obvious and odd.
I changed the channel.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:26 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
I cried during the Ryan moment. That was devastating and beautiful at the same time. Powerful moment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies