Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 12:43 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times

Advertisements

Don't get all hysterical on me. My mistake. I was recalling from memory. How do you know what the role, duties and responsibilities of particular Senate committees is? Do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Sessions was not on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee! You got that info from a "fake news" site!

He served on the Armed Services Committee. The Armed Services Committee had no reason to meet with foreign ambassadors.

Armed Services Committee Dem pokes at Sessions: We don't meet with ambassadors | TheHill

Old 03-02-2017, 12:43 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Political posturing - a witch hunt.

As a member of the US Armed Services Committee, Sessions had plenty of reasons to meet with Russian officials just as Carl Levin did in 2009 when he met with Russian officials as a member of that committee.

This is going to blow up in their faces.
It really isn't. It might blow up in Trump's face if he keeps insisting Sessions shouldn't recuse himself. They'll end up with a special prosecutor.

Sessions only had to add to his statement, "other than in the course of my congressional duties and activities," but he didn't. Perhaps because it would have led to further questions? Odd.

"...Sessions was asked directly by Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken what he would do if there was any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government.

"I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians..."

Old 03-02-2017, 12:44 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I don't feel like Sessions lied based on the context of the question asked.

There is zero doubt McCaskill lied. She flat out said she never ever had met with the Russian ambassador, and she lied.

Can you explain what you mean by "Sessions did not lie based on the context of the question?" Is not dispensing false information considered lying?

Old 03-02-2017, 12:44 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
What?

Old 03-02-2017, 12:45 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
One was a campaign promise, the other was a testimony under oath.

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Political posturing - a witch hunt.

As a member of the US Armed Services Committee, Sessions had plenty of reasons to meet with Russian officials just as Carl Levin did in 2009 when he met with Russian officials as a member of that committee.

This is going to blow up in their faces.
The purpose of the investigation is not to force Mr. Sessions to resign. Why did So-called President force Mr. Flynn to resign?

1,187 posts, read 1,023,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I don't feel like Sessions lied based on the context of the question asked.

There is zero doubt McCaskill lied. She flat out said she never ever had met with the Russian ambassador, and she lied.
According to her, She is with Sessions on armed services com for 10 years. No call or meeting with Russian Ambassador. How is she lying when Armed services com never met with Russian ambassadors?

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Was Obama under oath testifying before congress like Sessions was when he lie? Like Sessions did the following day when he had the opportunity to read over his testimony and make any corrections needed, but he didn't?

Old 03-02-2017, 12:46 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It really isn't. It might blow up in Trump's face if he keeps insisting Sessions shouldn't recuse himself. They'll end up with a special prosecutor.

Sessions only had to add to his statement, "other than in the course of my congressional duties and activities," but he didn't. Perhaps because it would have led to further questions? Odd.

"...Sessions was asked directly by Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken what he would do if there was any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government.

"I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians..."
We've seen the video with Franken's long convoluted question and Sessions answer. Sessions did NOT lie.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:47 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Yes, if anyone had communicated with the Russians....about the blackmail scheme he'd just specifically asked about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies