Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 11:48 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ya know, if Donald Trump had come into this Presidency and acted like a sane, sensible human being, a lot of us would have started to think just maybe he might be ok in there. All he had to do was stop his rants about the press, quit tweeting every time someone ruffled his feathers, and stop trying to throw out everything the previous administration had done on day one, just to be spiteful.

If he would have acted like a mature adult, with self control, and had buckled down to do the important things a President should be doing (jobs, international relationships, healthcare, education, etc.) I bet most of us would have stopped our attacks on him. But he simply was incapable of using his head and doing the right things.

These weekend trips are a perfect example. If he really wanted the American public to know he was trying, he would have stayed in the WH, worked hard, and brought in various leaders and others to try to solve some of our country's problems. Instead, he came in like a raging bull, tried to pass EO's that were not well thought out, pissed off every foreign leader on the planet, and then goes off on very expensive trips to Florida every weekend.

The man is simply an ass.

Within the last week or so WaldoKitty replied to a post of yours about Trump.

The gist of Waldo's reply to your criticism of Trump (I'm paraphrasing) was that it wouldn't matter at all what Trump actually did, that you would still hate him and wouldn't change your tune (even if you liked the policies).

I expected you either to ignore Waldo's post, or deny her assertion.

Instead, you admitted that what she said is correct . I just about fainted that you were actually admitting that. Another way to illustrate what you were saying.....to illustrate the full effect of what you were saying (MY scenario to illustrate the effect) ....is even if Trump's ACTIONS were specifically akin to those of Obama, the 'hate' wouldn't dissipate re your evaluation because you find him so personally repugnant.

I respected the apparent honesty of your reply, but at the same time was SMH that someone would let their opinion of a person's personal life, and other things not germane to government policy permeate an evaluation.

Either you were telling the truth re your reply to WaldoKitty that I reference above OR you are telling the truth in this post that I am now replying to. Your stance in the 'Waldo' post is the opposite of your stance in the post above. Your reply to Waldo seemed sincere, which would mean that your post above is a crock. Or your reply to Waldo was a crock, and your reply above is the gospel.

There are only two other possibilities that would modify this:

1. That in the time frame between the two posts, your view changed about 180 degrees.

or

2. All of your posts are based completely on extreme emotion, in the moment, rather than logic, and thus past posts are dismissed.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:01 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But he went to the Wharton School of Business. He is, like, a really smart person.
Can we se his transcript? Maybe his investigators in Haiwaii can grab them when they come back with all the stuff he claimed they had. Are we sure it wasn't the War Ton school?

Old 03-04-2017, 12:36 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunedin1 View Post
Many people are describing their relationship as a "play for pay" arrangement and that, mostly, they're estranged and when living in NYC they had their own bedrooms ... apart from one another. As is often said about his youngest daughter ... and youngest son ... there appears to be some slight developmental disabilities, or slowness.
Tiffany's mother is Marla Maples (Trump's second wife), not Melania.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:50 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Absolutely agree. I think this is something both sides could get behind. Imagine what we could do with all that extra money?
Sorry, but this telecommuting idea for congress, to which you are apparently referring, just wouldn't work. How would they slip away and hold secret meetings with each other, where much of the dirty business of politics is carried out?

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 03-04-2017 at 02:08 PM..

Old 03-05-2017, 12:02 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Tiffany's mother is Marla Maples (Trump's second wife), not Melania.
How is that relevant?

Who says their mothers caused any problems?

Old 03-05-2017, 12:05 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Free rent to Trump at his own home. Plus Trump had business in Florida.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Free rent to Trump at his own home. Plus Trump had business in Florida.
The tax payers are now on the hook for all the security and related Presidential infrastructure of Mar a Lago,the White House and Trump Tower, i'd like to see his taxes to see if his residences are now being used by him as a tax write off.
Mar a Lago =http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics..._12x5_1600.jpg

I'm sure he's spending every weekend there working tirelessly on ways to help America become great again . yeah sure .

Old 03-05-2017, 07:21 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,822 times
You guys are right, Donald Trump is not taking any salary.........and he is worth every penny.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:26 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The tax payers are now on the hook for all the security and related Presidential infrastructure of Mar a Lago,the White House and Trump Tower, i'd like to see his taxes to see if his residences are now being used by him as a tax write off.
Mar a Lago =http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics..._12x5_1600.jpg

I'm sure he's spending every weekend there working tirelessly on ways to help America become great again . yeah sure .

Mar-a-Lago membership fee doubles to $200,000

Old 03-05-2017, 07:26 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
You guys are right, Donald Trump is not taking any salary.........and he is worth every penny.
lol

As I've also said in the past, he'll do anything to avoid paying taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies