Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 10:03 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I know, isn't it unbelievable how his cult has blinders on to his lies, to his lack of abilities to run the country, and all the goofy things he does. I think a big part of it is that they got on that train and it would be embarrassing for them to have to admit they made a mistake, so they fight back at any and all criticism of him.

There are going to be a whole lot of very disappointed people when the real Donald Trump is exposed for all to see. For the rest of us, we already know what a clown he is.
They're truly blind to reality. Like you said, they're a cult. And now it's gone too far for them to admit that they backed a clown.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:05 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You have been listening to the fake MSM too much.
Janelle, do you have any idea how much this is costing us for Trump to go to Florida every weekend. He has already outspent what Obama did in a year. This plus costing $500,000 a day to protect Melinia in NY. Not to mention the cost we pay for his sons to go all over the world to conduct Trump business. Good grief. I don't care how much Trump wants some accolades for bringing jobs back...etc. It will never make up for what he is costing us for his lifestyle. If he cared about our cost he would go to camp david like every other president has done.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:07 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That would be fine with me.

I actually believe the house reps and senators should remain in their districts and telecommute to D.C. I'm sick of paying for their flights back and forth. I'm sick of paying for an office in their home district and one in DC. I'm sick of paying for a car service. I'm sick of paying for a staff in each location. I'm sick of paying for a meal stipend for them in DC.

Let's pay for four or five trips to D.C. for them each session while making them accessible to the people they represent most of the year and save us tax payers a ton of money.

As a side note, imagine how much harder it will be for lobbyists. Also, maybe they won't get that DC mindset.
Some good ideas here...
Most corporate meetings are safely online.
It would be better if the reps stayed in their districts with a few meeting -packed days in DC every month or so.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Apparently he thinks you get weekends off when you're president.
LBJ & Bush both ran Wars from Texas.

He's just waiting on congress now
He said, so far it has been easier than getting the NYC ice rink rebuilt.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:27 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
He needs to either stop this or pick up the tab.

We are $20 trillion in debt, and every penny counts.

Such BS. Set an example man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'm liking you better every day, Pedro ! Nice to see a voice of reason from your side.

On top of all the other costs he racks up on these trips, the local cost is about $60,000 per day for overtime police protection. Palm Beach County is trying to bill the WH for these charges, but the way Trump generally pays his bills, it probably will never be paid.

Like we have said, every day Trump hammers a few more nails into his political coffin. The man simply can not help himself. Any normal person would realize they should not be doing these things, but Trump is so smug that he feels he is above the rest of us and can do whatever he wants.

This is a man who surrounds himself with everything done in gold. To think he was going to settle for less and live like us common folks was a stretch. He loves excess, and now he is using our credit card. CHARGE !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am liking to hear this also. One difference is, that he seems willing to acknowledge critical opinions of Trump, when they are appropriate, while most will never admit such things.

Trump has to spend a 4-day weekend there, to make up for his last weekend of sacrifice and deprivation.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
LBJ & Bush both ran Wars from Texas.

He's just waiting on congress now
He said, so far it has been easier than getting the NYC ice rink rebuilt.
And both of them lost those wars.

You got fooled, son. Trump isn't your savior.

Hopefully you and those with your mindset go the way of the dinosaurs.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:34 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Janelle, do you have any idea how much this is costing us for Trump to go to Florida every weekend. He has already outspent what Obama did in a year. This plus costing $500,000 a day to protect Melinia in NY. Not to mention the cost we pay for his sons to go all over the world to conduct Trump business. Good grief. I don't care how much Trump wants some accolades for bringing jobs back...etc. It will never make up for what he is costing us for his lifestyle. If he cared about our cost he would go to camp david like every other president has done.
How much does it cost to protect all the past presidents right now? Trump is not being paid anything to be president and if he brings jobs back to the US he will save us even more.

Maybe you can write your legislature and propose we stop paying for all the security the past presidents are getting right now.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:39 AM

Quote:
How much does it cost to protect all the past presidents right now? Trump is not being paid anything to be president and if he brings jobs back to the US he will save us even more.

Maybe you can write your legislature and propose we stop paying for all the security the past presidents are getting right now.
Trump costs taxpayers roughly 7 million a week just for vacation and security for him and his family.

Presidential salary is $400,000 per year.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:41 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:

Sorry- he's being paid, just like every other government employee. On the same pay schedule as everyone else.

Currently, the job pays $400,000 a year.

He claims he won't take the salary, but we will have to wait and see if he hands it back to the treasury or not.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:54 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But he went to the Wharton School of Business. He is, like, a really smart person.
Actually, during one of his school year terms, he transferred from Fordham University in the Bronx to Wharton.
A transfer student doesn't need to pass an entrance exam to transfer in once the term has begun. All any student needs is the tuition money and passing grades from the other college.

While he eventually got his degree from Wharton, he did not attend the college's full course of 4 years for his degree.

Whether he's "really smart" or not is debatable. It was a cunning move to transfer rather than risk being turned down for admittance, but it may not have been his idea. His father had some smart advisors. His old man never went to college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies