Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 12:34 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I feel like he needs a helipad over at Mar-a-Lago and some security near it so he can just land there on Marine One.

Not sure where he'd have to pick it up to fly in, but it seems more logical than this motorcade, businesses blocked off, and extra police presence every weekend.

Is that resort even large enough for this? I mean, I don't know how many golf courses it has, but we all have to make sacrifices.
But he needs to be seen! That's the whole idea. He doesn't give a rat's A$$ about anybody else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 03:17 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
But he needs to be seen! That's the whole idea. He doesn't give a rat's A$$ about anybody else.

........and people are surprised at this?Trump has never hidden this from anyone.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:56 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
You're okay with local businesses going bankrupt so the president can vacation at his leisure?

So much for making America "great" again...

Links? Evidence? Schedule?
"You're okay with local businesses going bankrupt so the president can vacation at his leisure?"

All of a sudden the left is concerned about "small businesses!"

Where have you been all these years?

Oh, the FAKE outrage!

Old 03-29-2017, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"You're okay with local businesses going bankrupt so the president can vacation at his leisure?"

All of a sudden the left is concerned about "small businesses!"

Where have you been all these years?

Oh, the FAKE outrage!

Speaking of fake outrage???Do you own a mirror?I see you didn't answer the question though so you must think it's ok.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:03 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
He likes to do two things: go to Florida and play golf and give campaign speeches for a campaign that ended.

He's a dandy, someone tell him to do his job sometime.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He likes to do two things: go to Florida and play golf and give campaign speeches for a campaign that ended.

He's a dandy, someone tell him to do his job sometime.

That is what Kellanne told him to do,alternative facts,got to love them!

Old 03-29-2017, 06:18 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I feel like he needs a helipad over at Mar-a-Lago and some security near it so he can just land there on Marine One.

Not sure where he'd have to pick it up to fly in, but it seems more logical than this motorcade, businesses blocked off, and extra police presence every weekend.

Is that resort even large enough for this? I mean, I don't know how many golf courses it has, but we all have to make sacrifices.
The last time I was in Palm Beach was in 2012. A good friend of my grandfather owned a residence known as 'Four Winds' at one time, and while I was there I wanted to see if I could find it...I couldn't. No wonder (I couldn't find the information on the web in 2012, but I just did). Stephen Schwarzman (a friend of both Trump and Hillary) bought 'Four Winds' in 2003 and tore it down. When I read your post above, I thought 'I don't think Mar-a-Lago has a real golf course' (it doesn't....it has a little chip and putt course). The closest 'real' course to Mar-a-Lago is the Everglades Golf Club (about 2 miles away). If Trump decided to play at Everglades, I could see that causing a stir re shopping because the shopping on Worth Avenue is only a block or so north of Everglades. The other two closest private courses in Palm Beach....Breakers Ocean Course, and Palm Beach Country Club....are about 3 miles and 5 miles from Mar-a-Lago.

While looking for what I found re 'Four Winds', I did find some information re 'Four Winds' that sort of relates to Mar-a-Lago. Marjorie Merriweather Post built Mar-a-Lago while she was married to E.F. Hutton...which is common knowledge. After they divorced, E.F. Hutton owned 'Four Winds'. 'Four Winds' had at least two owners after that (one of them my grandfather's friend) before Schwarzman bought it in 2003. I also stumbled upon an article about JFK prohibiting reporters from taking pictures of him playing golf between the time of his nomination (1960) and the inauguration (1961). The article also mentions that JFK criticized Eisenhower for playing too much golf while POTUS...LOL:

Part XVI: Resort Life, November 1959 - April 1960 | New York Social Diary

(a copy the AP article about JFK is at the very bottom of the link)

^^^^^ Bickering about time Presidents spend playing golf hardly started with Trump and Obama...or even Bush 43.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:59 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
This is one thing that I am not happy with at all. The weekend trips to Florida on the taxpayer's money has to stop. I didn't realize the impact on local businesses. I agree something has to be done about this. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:11 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
The Government Accountability Office has requested an investigation into the costs associated with these Mar-a-Lago trips and all the security involved. They agree there is excessive expense and want to rein him in. They also want proof that Trump has done what he's promised when he said he would donate all the money his hotels are making from foreign governments to the U.S. Treasury to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest.

Government Accountability Office to Examine Cost, Security of Trump Florida Trips - NBC News

Old 03-29-2017, 07:23 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
They can commiserate with the people in NYC and CA that suffered the same issues all the time from Obama's constant fundraising visits.
I'm no Obama fan, but this is completely different.

I feel bad for the people having to endure this nonsense.

Can someone please schedule some extended maintenance on the big blue birds to save those people in Florida as well as my wallet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies