Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 03:10 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,793,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Ah, so fordtrucks is actually a liberal. Got it.
That would be news to all of us. Including fordtrucks.

Old 04-05-2017, 03:40 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,648,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
A family unit includes same sex couples.

You make yourself look pretty stupid with your next remark.
I disagree. I think it's pretty clear biology tells us it's natural for the family unit to include a male with a female. This is clear independent of one's religious ideology.

It's like putting together the pieces of the puzzle. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Two guys or two girls having sex is not natural. The parts do not line up. People are only fooling themselves if they believe this.

No need to impress this foolishness onto young minds that half the time know better than the adults, especially true nowadays.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:21 PM

7,797 posts, read 6,416,354 times
[quote=fordtrucks;47712396]Do you think its fine or should it be taken off the air. Honestly I could care less one way or another what people do behind closed doors. However, its a little awkward when my nephew or niece come for a visit and they see the commercials.

It is very poor business judgement and bound to alienate many customers.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,658,266 times
[quote=engineman;47749725]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Do you think its fine or should it be taken off the air. Honestly I could care less one way or another what people do behind closed doors. However, its a little awkward when my nephew or niece come for a visit and they see the commercials.

It is very poor business judgement and bound to alienate many customers.
No doubt that it will alienate some, many of whom won't change their buying habits - and they'll gain supporters, as well.

Companies don't do these things without a lot of thought and putting money into research. I remember one ad campaign to inform people of a specific disease where the client ditched the entire thing because the spokesperson they selected wasn't well thought of by a large portion of their audience. I can't disclose what and who it was, but I thought the person they chose could be problematic and testing proved that out.

It's possible they're running the ad in Boston as a test market, by the way. Think about it - test something that could be viewed as controversial in a market like Boston and not San Francisco. If nobody else sees the ad and it quietly goes away, we'll know why.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:17 AM

9,912 posts, read 7,257,979 times
[quote=MPowering1;47751500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post

No doubt that it will alienate some, many of whom won't change their buying habits - and they'll gain supporters, as well.

Companies don't do these things without a lot of thought and putting money into research. I remember one ad campaign to inform people of a specific disease where the client ditched the entire thing because the spokesperson they selected wasn't well thought of by a large portion of their audience. I can't disclose what and who it was, but I thought the person they chose could be problematic and testing proved that out.

It's possible they're running the ad in Boston as a test market, by the way. Think about it - test something that could be viewed as controversial in a market like Boston and not San Francisco. If nobody else sees the ad and it quietly goes away, we'll know why.
It's not a test market. Eastern Bank is based in Boston and all it's branches are in eastern MA and Southern NH. The new ad is centered around the tagline "Join Us For Good" and has been under development for almost a year. Eastern Bank decided to emphasize it's long time work on social issues in order to stand out from the dozens of other banks competing here all offering the same things - savings and checking accounts and loans.

Eastern is highlighting it's support of society by donating 10% of net profit to charity, it's support of small businesses, and support of their employees volunteering.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:50 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,888,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy
Do you say the same thing when a commercial shows a man kissing a woman? If not, then you are a homophobe.
Indeed. Really nothing wrong with it @ all!!!

Old 04-06-2017, 07:54 AM

10,853 posts, read 4,388,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Do you say the same thing when a commercial shows a man kissing a woman? If not, then you are a homophobe.
I don't think its appropriate for commercials to show kissing, period.
Most people don't go out of their way to watch a couple kissing, so it shouldn't be forced in the face of TV audiences.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:21 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,658,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post

It's not a test market. Eastern Bank is based in Boston and all it's branches are in eastern MA and Southern NH. The new ad is centered around the tagline "Join Us For Good" and has been under development for almost a year. Eastern Bank decided to emphasize it's long time work on social issues in order to stand out from the dozens of other banks competing here all offering the same things - savings and checking accounts and loans.

Eastern is highlighting it's support of society by donating 10% of net profit to charity, it's support of small businesses, and support of their employees volunteering.

I forgot which company the OP said ran the ad, but that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:26 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,093,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Two guys or two girls having sex is not natural.
Wearing glasses isn't natural, yet here we are.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:11 AM

21,921 posts, read 25,242,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Do you think its fine or should it be taken off the air. Honestly I could care less one way or another what people do behind closed doors. However, its a little awkward when my nephew or niece come for a visit and they see the commercials. Basically I have to make up story why they're kissing each other. It's because they haven't seen their relative in a long time. I just wish they would pull off those commercials from airing. Though I highly doubt it Boston area is very liberal.
Snowflake much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies