Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 08:42 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,015,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
If they only new how many Christian businesses they really frequent everyday. They've already been blessed a million times over. lol

Stupid! And I'm not even religious.

"We haven't made anything out of nothing lately, I'm bored" says the student
Arent you people the ones making something out of nothing. Its a student matter, build the chikfila, dont build it who cares, one thing is for sure chickfila does not have the constinutional right to open up a franchise in that university, find somewhere else or dont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 08:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Arent you people the ones making something out of nothing. Its a student matter, build the chikfila, dont build it who cares, one thing is for sure chickfila does not have the constinutional right to open up a franchise in that university, find somewhere else or dont.

The commotion, is an attempt to virtue signal, the rules of the SJW.
Complete FAIL!

Old 04-17-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The commotion, is an attempt to virtue signal, the rules of the SJW.
Complete FAIL!
so what? if you guys didnt make a big deal out it, the virtue signaling will stay localized and they will not get enough attention and it will die out. If you dont live in campus never ever goign to have a meal at that campus why do you care?

Old 04-17-2017, 08:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
so what? if you guys didnt make a big deal out it, the virtue signaling will stay localized and they will not get enough attention and it will die out. If you dont live in campus never ever goign to have a meal at that campus why do you care?

Why would you want marriage to be a government institution, to determine for you, who you can and cannot make a commitment of a lifetime to.
I want government out of the marriage business all together. Government should not treat marriage unequally, to that of all individuals.
You want more government. I want less.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Consumers decide who profits off of them. If they don't like how Chick-Fil-A spends profits, then don't contribute to profits. Don't like Walmart's business practices, don't spend money there.

It can be fairly powerful. So many advertisers stopped spending on Rush Limbaugh his hate radio that they tanked.
You are correct -- sometimes it may be a significant impact but for the most part it is a symbolic, personal gesture.

Look how many people boycott Walmart -- and still they thrive.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Why would you want marriage to be a government institution, to determine for you, who you can and cannot make a commitment of a lifetime to.
I want government out of the marriage business all together. Government should not treat marriage unequally, to that of all individuals.
I dont care if marriage is a goverment institution, they only thing I care about is the 14th amendment is followed and citizens from all states enjoy equal rights. If you want to call them legal unions as long they are for everyone equally then its fine with me, civil unions all around I can give less of s**t.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:06 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,606 times
Quote:
I would not lump me as an individual in with the subcategory, Republicans. As in all Republicans(as you know there is a big tent here, with many individual ideas)

It sounds as if you want marriage to be a government institution, to determine for you, who you can and cannot make a commitment of a lifetime to.
I want government out of the marriage business all together. Government should not treat marriage unequally of all individuals.
I want less government when it comes to social rights. My apologies for lumping you in with others who may be hypocrites with what you laid out.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:10 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,849,231 times
the gay students are in an uproar... ok. Its food, no one is asking you to get married there.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:30 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
I dont care if marriage is a goverment institution, they only thing I care about is the 14th amendment is followed and citizens from all states enjoy equal rights. If you want to call them legal unions as long they are for everyone equally then its fine with me, civil unions all around I can give less of s**t.
You just don't seem to understand that when you give the government the power to allow things, you give them the power to deny. In the case of marriage, it was big government not allowing gays to marry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
the gay students are in an uproar... ok. Its food, no one is asking you to get married there.
Is it really gay students in an uproar?

My GUESS would be that if you surveyed every gay person on that campus, the majority don't oppose CFA opening a store there.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:33 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,849,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You just don't seem to understand that when you give the government the power to allow things, you give them the power to deny. In the case of marriage, it was big government not allowing gays to marry.

Is it really gay students in an uproar?

My GUESS would be that if you surveyed every gay person on that campus, the majority don't oppose CFA opening a store there.
The article says the gay students feel that way

Quote:
arguing the fast-food restaurant’s support for traditional marriage would create an unsafe environment for gay students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies