Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 07:30 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,071,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
I expect to see "DOWN WITH CHICKEN!" banners at the next LGBT parade
That will be me sporting my new leather thong. I guarantee you 5 o'clock news exposure. I'm ready for my close up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 01:40 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,166,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Did you seriously just imply that if you oppose Christian groups that are anti-gay, you then support Muslim groups that are anti- gay?

Nah -- that would be some crazy talk.
I implied nothing of the sort. Simply responding to the comment about putting an "ISIS Kebabs" restsurant next door to the Chik-Fila place at the University. It was a tongue in cheek comment, just as I imagine the post I responded to was, although pointing out the reality of this "ISIS" group's homophobia ( not just fabricated like the claims of anti-Christian groups against Chik-Fila) is perfectly serious.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Old 04-16-2017, 01:52 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Why would any person commit so much money into a business that was going to meet such a hostile environment?

Chik-Fil-A is a franchise outfit, so the franchisee may have been naive or stupid, or both, but part of the franchise's responsibility is to provide anyone who buys one a marketing plan. A big part of any franchise's marketing plan is a location scout who studies demographics in the area and creates a list of the best possible site locations.

Inside a college campus would surely be not on that list for several reasons; the company is already notorious for its conservative activism, and they forbid their franchisees to open on Sunday.

While a campus always has all political parties represented a-plenty, a fast food joint should be a neutral political zone so maximum profit can be accomplished. The joint won't do well drawing only half the customers it should draw.

And Sunday closures will cost the franchisees even more money. Sundays on campus are most often the only day a lot of students take off to just relax.

If I was buying that franchise, I would be planning a lawsuit against Chik-Fil-A for failure to provide adequate services in their part of the deal. I've seen franchises in the past go bankrupt from such failures.

Old 04-16-2017, 01:53 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
If they only new how many Christian businesses they really frequent everyday. They've already been blessed a million times over. lol

Stupid! And I'm not even religious.

"We haven't made anything out of nothing lately, I'm bored" says the student
They dont have a problem with Christianity, plenty of Christians are fine with homosexuality, Chick Fil a is not.

Why is it so hard for you guys to understand that ?????

Old 04-16-2017, 01:56 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Why would any person commit so much money into a business that was going to meet such a hostile environment?

Chik-Fil-A is a franchise outfit, so the franchisee may have been naive or stupid, or both, but part of the franchise's responsibility is to provide anyone who buys one a marketing plan. A big part of any franchise's marketing plan is a location scout who studies demographics in the area and creates a list of the best possible site locations.

Inside a college campus would surely be not on that list for several reasons; the company is already notorious for its conservative activism, and they forbid their franchisees to open on Sunday.

While a campus always has all political parties represented a-plenty, a fast food joint should be a neutral political zone so maximum profit can be accomplished. The joint won't do well drawing only half the customers it should draw.

And Sunday closures will cost the franchisees even more money. Sundays on campus are most often the only day a lot of students take off to just relax.

If I was buying that franchise, I would be planning a lawsuit against Chik-Fil-A for failure to provide adequate services in their part of the deal. I've seen franchises in the past go bankrupt from such failures.
How many Chick Fil A's have actually been told that they could not open because of the outrage ?

regardless of my dislike for them, it seems to be one of the most successful per unit franchises out there.

Old 04-16-2017, 01:58 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
"Chick-Fil-A creates threatening environment"

I agree. In the processing many of their suppliers have been filmed torturing these poor animals, clipping off their beaks and scalding them alive with boiling water.

Old 04-16-2017, 02:09 AM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Those waffle fries are real scary.

Old 04-16-2017, 02:14 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:

CFAs are all over campuses around the country.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:19 AM

2,559 posts, read 2,221,309 times
I suppose they could always put a warning disclaimer on their menu board: "GAY- NO WAY!"

Old 04-16-2017, 07:26 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:

I think a Chic-Fil-A will do just fine on a college campus. You know these complainers have to be in the minority.

And suing Chick-Fil-A for not opening on Sundays is ridiculous. They do plenty of business the other six days a week. If you want to open a fast food franchise that opens seven days a week, then buy another. It would be just like some activist to buy a Chick-Fil-A with the sole purpose of suing over the Sunday closing. Because people are douches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies