Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 11:02 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times

Advertisements

twitter.com/Liam220262/status/864498189289873408

Old 05-16-2017, 11:03 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The President of the USA can declassify any information at anytime, even at the drop of a dime, by just telling someone the truth. It is immediately declassified, by President orders.
Just imagine if you will, had Obama did this. Holy hell would have broken loose, and no one would be paying attention or care if it was his right to do so or not. He would have been slammed hard for doing that, and Trump would have been leading the charge during the campaign season and especially at his rallies. I can just hear him saying how stupid was Obama to share information with the Russians.

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
It won't ever be enough. Some people are willing to let their pride and ego stay on the Trump train as it crashes, derails, and burns.

They're willing to embarrass themselves and lose all credibility as they continue to show 100% loyalty to Trump and never question him.

As it has been pointed out before, many Trump voters get off on Trump pissing people off, and take great pleasure in "seeing liberals angry," regardless of what Trump might be doing to America and its reputation.

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Now THAT is funny...I see you are reading your conservative media...no wonder...
The poster forgot zerohedge.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:04 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
PS> Mr. Trump, as president has the actual legal authority to determine what is confidential and what is not, and with whom to share that information. period. that is the legal reality.
Well then we ARE in for trouble aren't we? He cannot even determine what is true or false...

All this mud-slinging is actually getting humorous...it's like children on a playground yelling "Nu Uh" and "Uh huh" back and forth and nothing getting done.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
What will this man have to do before the country takes him OUT of office?
Your logic is faulty if you think theres anything Trump can or will do to turn his base against him. He is considered the messiah by his cult so he can do no wrong as far as they are concerned.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:09 AM

13,688 posts, read 9,009,247 times
I shall note that, while I am not a Trump supporter, I am not yet in favor of impeachment.

One reason: I have grave doubts, lawyer that I am, that even if Mr. Trump (or his associates) 'colluded' with the Russians prior to election to influence the election, that said collusion may serve as a basis for impeachment.

Here is the applicable Constitutional clause from Article II:

"The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Does this clause mean treason, bribery etc., committed prior to assumption of office? It is my opinion that it does not; yet, the Court may disagree in future. I would think that the Court would, perhaps, say that treason committed prior to assumption of office may be a basis, but even that is not assured.

I would hate for a scenario to develop in which, anytime a person is elected President, the opposing party (especially if in power in the House) would start to seek out transgressions (high crimes and misdemeanors) perhaps committed by said newly elected President prior to office. I would rather restrict the impeachment process to Acts committed after taking the Oath of Office.

We must recall that Mr. Nixon was not facing impeachment due to the actual break-in of the Watergate hotel. He did not order it, or have knowledge of it beforehand. Rather, he got into hot water over the cover-up and obstruction of justice.

If anything trips up Mr. Trump, it would probably be on the basis of obstruction of justice. I am not one that thinks that Mr. Trump (as some have claimed) committed 'treason' by his Oval Office action with the Russians, for reasons I will not go into here.

I do think that the 25th Amendment is a more realistic possibility. Mr. Trump seems, to some, to lack the emotional stability one expects from the President.

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Your logic is faulty if you think theres anything Trump can or will do to turn his base against him. He is considered the messiah by his cult so he can do no wrong as far as they are concerned.
You are correct. I guess I was naive in hoping America could come together to say "enough"...This is a very sad time for us all, even those who don't realize it. And I think many who support this man do so because it seems to give them "permission" to behave and speak in the most ugly, combative and polarizing ways possible. They apparently enjoy that so why should they even care what is happening before our very eyes in our country? If they get backed into a corner they just start criticizing Obama or Hillary, or even Bill if they have nothing else. Very very sad...

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Oh my God. You actually believe that? Trump admitted that he did it. Justified it. I guess we'll just have to keep tuned to see what happens...unbelievable.
so the fascist liberals believe every false story from wapo???

trump gave away NOTHING that was classified....he did talk about how to fight ISIS (not classified info)

do you know anything about sharing coalition information in battle

if you ever served in the military you would understand what classified , TS, TSICI, secret, FOUO, FYEO, and sharable info is

Old 05-16-2017, 11:10 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
When the only argument Trumpers have is to state that Trump legally does possess the authority to declassify any information he sees fit, you know we're in trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies