Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 10:49 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times

Advertisements

Being on West Coast time has a real downside in times like these. Can I go on record as saying that I don't see what all the fuss is about? Compared to other things Trump has said and done in the last 4-1/2 months, I'm not getting the intensity of reaction to this latest revelation. What's up? <snap!>I know. We've had enough. America has had their fill of this President, and it is time for him to go away. When will it be? Would it be against TOS to organize a pool? Who wants in on this action? Wow...it is pretty unanimous that this is about as low as we've ever gone in the POTUS dept. That is saying a lot. When will it happen? Hmmmm.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:49 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
An Oval Office meeting like that, with those high level players, (esp. with Russian press present) should be about policy only - not a place to blab juicy nuggets of intel. Let the security agencies work out what info to give each other - and through channels.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:50 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Merkel is a SS wannabe. Figures the Left loves her.
I guess conservatives have to tell themselves something to cope, but is this really the best you can do?

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 05-16-2017 at 11:19 AM..

Old 05-16-2017, 10:50 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Yeah I read that after waking up this morning... kind of an unreal twist. Why did he even address it further?
Because (1) he's dumb as a box of rocks and (2) he can't stand to be criticized.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:51 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I just ran across this, pretty interesting:

“I know one of the sources,” Erickson writes. “And the source is solidly supportive of President Trump, or at least has been and was during Campaign 2016.”

So why would a Trump supporter leak a damaging story about the president to multiple news organizations? According to Erickson, it’s the only way to get Trump to change his behavior.

The President will not take any internal criticism, no matter how politely it is given,” Erickson explains. “He does not want advice, cannot be corrected, and is too insecure to see any constructive feedback as anything other than an attack. So some of the sources are left with no other option but to go to the media, leak the story, and hope that the intense blowback gives the President a swift kick in the butt.”

Additionally, Erickson’s source claims that “what the President did is actually far worse than what is being reported” and that “the president does not seem to realize or appreciate that his bragging can undermine relationships with our allies and with human intelligence sources.”

Conservative Erick Erickson claims source who leaked latest Russia bombshell was a Trump supporter

I don't have time right now to find the original source of Erickson's comment, but I'm sure one of you will locate it

This certainly does describe that fat POS IMBICILE to a "T"!

Old 05-16-2017, 10:51 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times
Folks, sorry about the bad link. It is, as you all of course realize, about the alleged leaking of confidential intelligence information to the Russian "visitors" to the White House. I knew I shouldn't have even posted this thread...what did I expect but more of the same...insults, name calling, proclaiming "fake news"...
I guess, as I said above, only time will tell.

I also guess you guys who support Trump are about ready for a total civil war or just to try to execute those of us who hold different opinions on this travesty? Great, how proud we all must be at this point.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:52 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Once again another lie from Main Stream Media.....they take an event, and blow it way out of the ball park, b/c they want people to hate him....

The President's own words....so we'll see if he is lying

As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism.

Let's wait and see what happens now?
But, the meeting was not open. Who was it open to other than the Russian press.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:53 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
That's why I feel badly for him. McMasters was a well-respected and highly decorated wartime general. And he is being forced to be a puppet and help cover for Trump's lies.
Trump seems to use people like commodities. He sucks the life and credibility out of one person after another in order to hide from his own errors.

Trump's staff don't trust him, they know he will throw almost any of them under the bus to save himself.

A whole bunch of GOP members have wasted the goodwill they spent years building to save Trump from himself. Ryan has made a fool of himself, and many have given up their dignity and swallowed their pride to back up Trumps lies.

Now we see McMaster surrendering his goodwill and public trust to save the POTUS. There seem no limits to who Trump will abuse use and throw away to get what he wants. And what makes it so bad is that he throws away a person's entire career for the sake of protecting his ego and pointless lies.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
The question I cannot get an answer to is:

How would having Clinton as President be an improvement? She was just as slimy.
But she isn't mentally ill. There's that.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Please, the Wapost, top of the butthurt chain, no.
So let me get this right: You are accusing the Washington Post of printing false news? Okay....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies