Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 10:55 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times

Advertisements

When Republicans are ousted in 2018.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:56 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
That's why I feel badly for him. McMasters was a well-respected and highly decorated wartime general. And he is being forced to be a puppet and help cover for Trump's lies.
Bob Harward turned the job down saying it was a "***** sandwich." McMaster could have done the same.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:56 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Should we feel bad for him though? Was it really that hard to figure out that Trump's administration would be one catastrophe after another? This could all be seen coming from the other side of the universe. He chose to be a member of this administration, and should've known better. I don't feel bad or him at all.
Good point, and I agree. I'm sure McMaster knew that the Trump presidency was going to be a trainwreck, and he probably regrets becoming a part of it after today.

But for many people, knowing McMaster was a part of Trumps inner security circle gave us a warm fuzzy. McMaster was the one intelligent person in Trump's war room, so that helped ease my concerns about Trump leading the military.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:57 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,560,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Your link went no where.

Are you referring to the outrage that Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream or the fake outrage that he gave top secrets to visiting Russian guys which actually never happened according to eye witnesses. ?

Which is it?
I am referring to the story in which Trump ADMITTED to providing confidential information to the Russian ambassador and foreign secretary, and then justifying it by saying he has the right to do so. That story...

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Something actually illegal. That's usually how it works. BTW, your link doesn't work. Let me ask you this, what will have to happen for the Left and the Dems in general to actually start telling the truth?
I think everybody is waiting for Trump to start telling the truth.

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
The link is to the Washington Post news story from yesterday...
I'm surprised you don't consider giving classified information to Russia (that we have not shared with our Allies and which could enable Russia to decipher who the intel came from) illegal. Time will tell...
1. its already proven that the WAPO lied

2. he didn't give any classified info

3. he should be giving our ally (Russia in this case) info about our thought on how to stop ISIS, as we work TOGETHER

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Bob Harward is breathing a big sigh of relief right now

957 posts, read 758,438 times
Ironic, many of the same mindset who were outraged over Colin Kaepernick's kneeling during the playing National Anthem, (which BTW didn't put anyone's life in danger or compromise our national security) are now defending Trump as he has the authority and right to share classified information with whomever he so desires even though it really does compromise our national security and yes puts lives in danger.
Fake Patriots!

Old 05-16-2017, 10:58 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
So let me get this right: You are accusing the Washington Post of printing false news? Okay....
If you want the truth you need to go to Infowars or the Conservative Treehouse.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:58 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Trump seems to use people like commodities. He sucks the life and credibility out of one person after another in order to hide from his own errors.

Trump's staff don't trust him, they know he will throw almost any of them under the bus to save himself.

A whole bunch of GOP members have wasted the goodwill they spent years building to save Trump from himself. Ryan has made a fool of himself, and many have given up their dignity and swallowed their pride to back up Trumps lies.

Now we see McMaster surrendering his goodwill and public trust to save the POTUS. There seem no limits to who Trump will abuse use and throw away to get what he wants. And what makes it so bad is that he throws away a person's entire career for the sake of protecting his ego and pointless lies.
I completely agree.

A lot of people lost credibility trying to defend the Donald. They chose to do so, so they have to own it when the trump boat sinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies