Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 10:28 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
He's wishing he had passed up the **** sandwich.
poor guy is on active duty, if i understand correctly (and i may well be wrong) he has to retire to avoid following whatever stupid order trump gives him.

McMaster was put in an awful position,.
It must really suck ot have a boss who is patently the dumbest guy in the room.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:29 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
He also suggested that Trump didn't know the source of the intel he shared, which seems incredible to me.
Not to me. The list of what Trump doesn't know is a looong one.

But the narrative seems to be this, right now:
  1. Trump totally didn't share classified information - although McMaster never had the nerve to say that straight out, even when given direct questions.
  2. But just in case, it's totally the President's right to do so.
  3. And besides, he totally didn't know the source of the information that he didn't leak, although, to recap, he totes had the legal right to leak it, if he so wished.

And the Trumpistas are going nuts that the press aren't actively cooperating in a government cover-up. The US press. The free US press.

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
??? Why wouldn't you check your source if given information and if it was such important information to reveal to a country that is NOT an ally why wouldn't you know all the details before you spill the beans.

Nah -- these guys are in damage control mode.

And yes there is a mole in The White House but that's on them...they can't be blaming the media, the Democrats....they need to tighten up their ship.
The leakers are true patriots as far as I'm concerned.

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflove View Post
Trump tweets that he "had the absolute right" to do it like 12 hours after the White House denied the report? Beyond dysfunctional. I'm almost disappointed the White House is so incompetent their attempt at a cover-up can't even survive a day.
Interesting this happened while at the same time only Russian media was allowed in for the photo shoot.

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes even if The Washington Post article doesn't have merit -- the way the White House is dealing with this is just more confirmation of their incompetence.

It really is sad.

The President will be glad to get out of the country.

I cringe to think what he might do or say overseas that will further ridicule Americans.
Don't worry, it is what it is, and is out of our hands.....we all waste such vital time, in trying to make sense of it all....
the more we try to fight it, the worse we make things for our own selves....just let the chips fall where they may....

Old 05-16-2017, 10:30 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So let's break this down chronologically.

1. Trump violates the trust of an ally intelligence source to brag to the same Russians that Michael Flynn and others are in trouble with, giving up highly classified information. This occurs within 24 hours of firing FBI director James Comey for investigating Trump and his campaign on Russian collusion.
2. The Washington Post reports the intelligence breach, making sure to put in the article that no specific sources were mentioned, and that the president didn't do anything illegal just by giving out the information.
3. The IC and media goes into a frenzy because, though not illegal, the release of such information is a clear violation of trust between the source and the US government, which was not authorized to release the intelligence given to them. The breach represents an unprecedented action by a sitting president, one that threatens to undermine the US' entire global intelligence network and endanger the nation and every American life at home and abroad.
4. Trump supporters claim the story is "fake news" and that the Wapo's sources are "anonymous" and false (they aren't), and many argue that the president has the authority to give out any information he wants- which isn't even the base problem and something the Wapo article already addressed.
5. McMaster gives a half-***** non-denial denial by denying something the article didn't even claim happened.
6. Trump admits the story is true.
7. Trump supporters talk about Hillary Clinton and continue to say this is fake news, anyway, thereby sealing their reputation as traitors themselves more concerned with Trump's reputation than they are the safety and national security of their own nation and everyone in it.

That about cover it?
Just catching up from yesterday... that seems like a good summary from what I'm seeing here.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:31 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflove View Post
Trump tweets that he "had the absolute right" to do it like 12 hours after the White House denied the report?
Amazing, isn't it?

Old 05-16-2017, 10:32 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Amazing, isn't it?
Yeah I read that after waking up this morning... kind of an unreal twist. Why did he even address it further?

Old 05-16-2017, 10:32 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
poor guy is on active duty, if i understand correctly (and i may well be wrong) he has to retire to avoid following whatever stupid order trump gives him.

McMaster was put in an awful position,.
It must really suck ot have a boss who is patently the dumbest guy in the room.
It was weird and odd to have the National Security Advisor read out the trip's itinerary and social calendar.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:34 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Not to me.

But the narrative seems to be this, right now:
  1. Turmp totally didn't share classified information - although McMaster never had the nerve to say that straight out, even when given direct questions.
  2. But just in case, it's totally the President's right to do so.
  3. And besides, he totally didn't know the source of the information that he didn't leak, although, to recap, he totes had the legal right to leak it, if he so wished.

And the Trumpistas are going nuts that the press aren't actively cooperating in a government cover-up.
That's your narrative here's mine.

Trump did share some highly classified information. He was chatting away, got a little ahead of himself and spouted stuff.

McMaster has so much as said The Washington Post content is okay but the premise was inaccurate....Between yesterday's and today's statements -- basically some truth in the article -- can't deny it.

Trump was legally within rights to spill the beans

Trump is proud he is President and can do what he wants.

Trump probably was told all the details, including source but chose not to remember.

BUT more importantly (as pointed out by some of our Trumpers here) there is definitely a mole in the White House and it is one close to the President. This meeting was not a big gathering for all of Trump's friends. It was a closed meeting......and this administration can't even figure out who is spilling the beans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies