Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 03:52 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,970,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Who mentioned god except you?

Your nonsense definition of gender fluid is non-scientific. According to Science, there is no such thing as "gender fluid". Gender is determined by DNA XX and XY combinations, two distinct genders, with very, very few biological exceptions which are deemed by Science as abnormalities in the DNA.
According to Science? Really? I think it's hilarious that you are clinging to 'Science' with a capital 'S' on this issue, when I'm pretty sure you probably think that a lot of other things that 'Science' says are liberal hoaxes and fake news.

No one is making any arguments about biology, DNA and chromosomes.

'Gender fluid' is about identity, not about whether you were born XX or XY. The term seeks to describe how some people psychologically/emotionally/mentally identify as either gender. Gender fluid people aren't claiming to be hermaphrodites. Good lord. We are not even having the same conversation.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:55 PM

15,652 posts, read 10,417,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
According to Science? Really? I think it's hilarious that you are clinging to 'Science' with a capital 'S' on this issue, when I'm pretty sure you probably think that a lot of other things that 'Science' says are liberal hoaxes and fake news.

No one is making any arguments about biology, DNA and chromosomes.

'Gender fluid' is about identity, not about whether you were born XX or XY. The term seeks to describe how some people psychologically/emotionally/mentally identify as either gender. Gender fluid people aren't claiming to be hermaphrodites. Good lord. We are not even having the same conversation.
Sexuality can be fluid. Gender identity is how one feels? I can feel like I am a can of tuna, but that doesn't make me a can of tuna. Facts and Science don't care about feelings. We are male or female, I'll reiterate, according to Science. Identifying as a can of tuna, no matter how much I believe it is true, is not an option unless a person is delusional and mentally ill.

Don't attack me personally. Address the issues we are discussing. You don't know my educational background, which is irrelevant.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-26-2017 at 04:09 PM..

Old 05-26-2017, 04:14 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,853,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Dust off the ol' stilettos and head to the show, then?
HAHA!!

Old 05-26-2017, 04:44 PM

983 posts, read 739,832 times
Default Male fans upset at (possibly illegal) female-only WONDER WOMAN screening

https://drafthouse.com/austin/show/w...g-wonder-woman

Quote:
The most iconic superheroine in comic book history finally has her own movie, and what better way to celebrate than with an all-female screening?

Apologies, gentlemen, but we’re embracing our girl power and saying “No Guys Allowed” for one special night at the Alamo Ritz. And when we say “People Who Identify As Women Only,” we mean it. Everyone working at this screening -- venue staff, projectionist, and culinary team -- will be female.
Wow, is this even legal? It's not a private event as-in they bought out the venue for it, it is public but to make it all female only? Feminists would lose their **** if men had a male-only show.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times
I thought we were ushering in the new era of "non PC"?

Old 05-26-2017, 04:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,888,434 times
its a one night only event, who cares?

Old 05-26-2017, 04:57 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,729,276 times
Poor snowflakes.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:07 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,585,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
GENDER FLUID is something else, and I think you have it backwards about what gender fluidity means. When someone identifies as 'gender fluid', they identify as both genders simultaneously, OR, to look at it another way, they don't identify as either one or the other gender. They feel androgynous. They embrace their androgyny. A gender fluid person doesn't identify as male on some days, and female on other days. Their gender identity doesn't toggle on and off like a light switch. So your point is logistically flawed. A gender fluid man is not going to want to go to a woman-only event about celebrating being one gender exclusively.
Per the bolded.... Funny...According to an article written by Peter McGuire, a journalist who writes for The Irish Times, Huffington Post, etc. and has written a number of articles about gender issues, identifying as a male on some days and a female on other days is exactly what a genderfluid person does....

See the third bullet point under 'Glossary: Some gender terms explained' in the link below:

Beyond the binary: what does it mean to be genderfluid?

Quote:
You people are not being clever. You are being simple minded. But keep patting yourselves on the back.

The only morons who would be doing this are MRAs and gender trolling cis males with an ax to grind. This is why Wonder Woman has the Lasso of Truth. To make sure that assclowns like these aren't pulling any chains.
Some might say pot meet kettle.

But by all means, keep patting yourself on the back.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:08 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,368,328 times
What guy would even want to be seen at that movie? Still, someone will probably sue. Another easy way to make a few bucks without doing any work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies