Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 10:34 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post

Ever hear the lines "First they came for the _____ but I did not care because I was not a _____
then they came for.....

And finally they came for me but there was nobody left to speak up for me."?
That's a great quote, but it's more relevant to where Trump is taking us than the Left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 11:40 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
True, there are the two evil Murdoch sons. Glad you mentioned that. I'll add them as number 4.
Buddy, it's nothing but money.

Rupert Murdoch dropped over $15 million dollars paying off the women who were laying sexual harassment charges on Ailes and O'Reilley, and that money was spent before the flood of other women began coming forth with charges of their own.

Fox News wasn't even Murdoch's greatest concern. He's trying to buy the Sky network in England, and has to get the government OK to do it. It's a huge deal, which will make Murdoch the kingpin of English TV- it's like owning CBS and NBC combined, as he already owns Sky's largest competitor.

He simply couldn't afford Fox screwing up the Sky deal, so he sent in his sons to clean house. Once they took over, they found the harassment had gone deeper, so they canned Ailes' second in command, the guy who had drinking problems, and have given the word to Hannity to clean up his act or else.

They probably aren't done yet. They have to show the British government that Fox is a reputable news organization that doesn't allow harassment or report phony news stories. The Sky deal has been hanging fire for over a year, and Murdoch needs to either get the deal of his life done or it will disappear and never happen.

There's no conspiracy. The Murdochs simply took back the control over what they owned, and are putting a lot of people who thought they were more important than they are in their place.

Sean Hannity was ordered to stop reporting the fake story about Seth Rich, and he defied his bosses. And in his defiance, began to cost Murdoch money. And lose face.

Hannity got too big for his britches. He forgot the basic rule of holding a job; when the boss tells you to do something, you do it.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:07 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Um, newsflash, slavery wasn't invented by the Founders and it wasn't just whites. Every race has both been enslaved and enslaved others.

At least the lines in the Declaration of Independence of "All men are created equal" set the framework for the end of slavery to be brought about.

The Left wants to keep race agitating to keep us divided. What Obama and his goons have done the last 8 years have set race relations back a couple of decades.

Every time the Left gets challenged, they call those who dare challenge them racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, xenophobic, transphobic, insert-phobia-here-phobic and try and destroy them.
I vote for my OWN interests. I will never honor Columbus and his Ilk. He and his men raped and murdered innocent native people's for gold and glory. There is no whitewashing of history with me. All of these men kept detailed logs of their exploits. Should a Jewish person be cool with a Hitler memorial? Maybe Hitler on some currency ? Statues of Hitler and his top men? Come on.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:59 AM

716 posts, read 393,524 times
Quote:
I agree with you on that, but I know the following about where the Left is going with some of the stuff they're doing:

1.) They may start out with RINO O'Reiley and then Trumpster Hannity but they'll go for Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin and others like them next.

2.) They may start by tearing down Confederate statues and the Confederate flag, claiming them "evil racists" and the Confederate flag as a symbol of racism and oppression but their ultimate goal is to the same thing to the Founding Fathers and the American flag.

Ever hear the lines "First they came for the _____ but I did not care because I was not a _____
then they came for.....

Really WHY would anyone feel ANYTHING other than honor, pride and unity when seeing the Confederate battle flag waving over our government institutions?

I find it hard to believe what some people believe. I know many don't dare expose themselves to any real news, but I had no idea Trump apologists could be so clueless...

Old 05-27-2017, 11:10 AM

716 posts, read 393,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
What do the conservatives call people who they disagree with ?
"The Enemy Within"

Old 05-27-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I vote for my OWN interests. I will never honor Columbus and his Ilk. He and his men raped and murdered innocent native people's for gold and glory. There is no whitewashing of history with me. All of these men kept detailed logs of their exploits. Should a Jewish person be cool with a Hitler memorial? Maybe Hitler on some currency ? Statues of Hitler and his top men? Come on.
That's what a lot of people don't understand in this country. Confederate monuments are as offensive to African-Americans as Nazi monuments are to Jews. Yes, some will point out that there have been black KKK members just as there were Jewish Nazi sympathizers. However, there will always be a small sect of any minority group that tries to go against what the majority of their "tribe" is fighting for. We've seen it more recently with the marriage equality debate. There were a few people in the LGBT community that opposed marriage equality and were okay with civil unions. Republicans swarmed those stories. Truth is, that only represented a small, self-hating percentage of the LGBT community.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Really WHY would anyone feel ANYTHING other than honor, pride and unity when seeing the Confederate battle flag waving over our government institutions?

I find it hard to believe what some people believe. I know many don't dare expose themselves to any real news, but I had no idea Trump apologists could be so clueless...
The Confederacy lost. Most people in the rural South (and I live in the South) still cannot accept that the Confederacy lost, despite the fact it was 150 years ago and the last person who had anything to do with it died in the 1950s. They ask us to get over losing the 2016 election. How about they get over the Civil War?

Old 05-27-2017, 11:29 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
What do the conservatives call people who they disagree with ?
Pu**ies.

Oh, is that just me?

Old 05-27-2017, 06:53 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
I agree with you on that, but I know the following about where the Left is going with some of the stuff they're doing:

1.) They may start out with RINO O'Reiley and then Trumpster Hannity but they'll go for Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin and others like them next.

2.) They may start by tearing down Confederate statues and the Confederate flag, claiming them "evil racists" and the Confederate flag as a symbol of racism and oppression but their ultimate goal is to the same thing to the Founding Fathers and the American flag.

then they came for.....

Nooo.... the sad fact is that nobody on the left had to do anything at all to roust o'reilly. He did it to himself. Same with hannity and ailes and... well, you get the idea.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:54 PM

19,776 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Who cares numbskull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies