Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 05:19 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
that's gross lol
Have you never seen where the girl lies on the bar and they pour the shot on her stomach.

Not my style, not my party -- lol.

Not a shot girl. Shots are just for getting drunk. Don't get me wrong....I enjoy my wine and cocktails but I don't set out to get drunk. That's so frat boy. LOL.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:20 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
that's gross lol
Right?! I was at a bachelorette party once and ladies were taking shots out of the belly button of male strippers. I passively shrunk to the back of the club to avoid that scene.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:21 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Right?! I was at a bachelorette party once and ladies were taking shots out of the belly button of male strippers. I passively shrunk to the back of the club to avoid that scene.
eeeewwwwww -- lol.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:23 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
eeeewwwwww -- lol.
I know! Firstly, that guy has been sweating buckets all night. Secondly, I practice great hygiene myself, but even I know what an unpleasant scent a finger obtains after scratching a belly button.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:23 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So Mcdonald's is going to release gay theme fries. Coming soon! Your fries will come in a cool rainbow colored box in order of gay pride month!

First of all, if I was an investor in McDonalds, I would be pissed. Mcdonalds could be looking at some boycotts over their rainbow fries. Why do these companies feel the need to have a position on social issues? You make fast food. No one wants to go to Mcdonalds to hear or see a message about gay pride. They just want the food that they are used to. Such a move serves no benefit business wise as people like Christians may choose to no longer do business there. It just shows there is a liberal agenda at play here even at the cost of making money.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds and see some barrier that says, "check out our gay fries in fun rainbow colors because being gay is fun and cool!" Of course, they will say they are only showing support for the gay community, but I see it as marking a specific message especially to kids.

Most Christians including myself don't care how someone wants to live their life as long as they are not causing harm to others. But these marketing ploy is just another growing instance of the LGBT community forcing a pro-gay message onto the public. Just give me fries.
Oh you mean any message that shows that gays are ok and fun and normal is considered a bad thing....and a message of hate against gays is ok and Christian? Then dont go to Mcdonald. I am sure there are plenty of people who will still go, and McD will still be hugely profitable without you.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:24 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Have you never seen where the girl lies on the bar and they pour the shot on her stomach.

Not my style, not my party -- lol.

Not a shot girl. Shots are just for getting drunk. Don't get me wrong....I enjoy my wine and cocktails but I don't set out to get drunk. That's so frat boy. LOL.
lol! yeah its the belly button part that is grossing me out. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I would have run. lol

okay we need to stop talking about belly buttons lol

Old 06-07-2017, 05:29 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
LOL I hope you didn't vote trump.
Uh....NO.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
They're not cherry picking. If you were a Christian you'd know that but I doubt that you are. It's basic Sunday school stuff to know that those extra-laws that were included specifically for the time of ancient Israel were for a specific purpose. They were functional for some reason, IDK but the point is that the law is moral code and in living like Jesus supposedly you're keeping the commandments, mostly the ten commandments.

I mean why after all of these years did not someone say hey wait a minute we're not supposed to shave our beards and wear a shirt made of two threads?? It's because Christians understand their book, and understand it better than some smug person wanting to trash them for supposedly being hypocritical.
Is it your place to question another's commitment to Christ? No.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:34 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So Mcdonald's is going to release gay theme fries. Coming soon! Your fries will come in a cool rainbow colored box in order of gay pride month!

First of all, if I was an investor in McDonalds, I would be pissed. Mcdonalds could be looking at some boycotts over their rainbow fries. Why do these companies feel the need to have a position on social issues? You make fast food. No one wants to go to Mcdonalds to hear or see a message about gay pride. They just want the food that they are used to. Such a move serves no benefit business wise as people like Christians may choose to no longer do business there. It just shows there is a liberal agenda at play here even at the cost of making money.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds and see some barrier that says, "check out our gay fries in fun rainbow colors because being gay is fun and cool!" Of course, they will say they are only showing support for the gay community, but I see it as marking a specific message especially to kids.

Most Christians including myself don't care how someone wants to live their life as long as they are not causing harm to others. But these marketing ploy is just another growing instance of the LGBT community forcing a pro-gay message onto the public. Just give me fries.
I don't think the fries themselves are gay but changing the box for a period of time is no different than
changing the box to promote poke-mon, wonder woman or apples in the fall.
It is merely a box.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I think that is why the vast majority of Jews - both in the Diaspora and in Israel - don't subscribe to the anti-gay dogmas of the right-wing evangelical Christians.
Yes, I agree with that.

Quote:
Israel in fact is a very pro-LGBT country, which begs the question why some Leftists are anti-Israel and support the oppressive homophobic Palestinian regime even as gay Palestinians themselves are fleeing to safe houses in Israel.

That doesn't make too much sense to me either. I try not to try to figure others out though, I've got too much of my own stuff to worry about haha. But yeah I don't get that either.

Quote:
It is well known that American Jews (whether Republican or Democrat) are somewhat more sympathetic to the cause of Gay Rights than many Christians.

Yes! They very much are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies