Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 10:31 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
It's the evil alien lizards. They turned our beautiful frogs into gays. Then they took over the government and our great companies. Now they want to turn our children into gays. The alien lizards are evil...we must stop them. We live in such dangerous times...all business executives are alien lizards and are working to destroy america. SAD!

Signed,
Alex Jones
Super CONSERVATIVE
I hate sticking up for a guy like Alex Jones but the guy never promoted the reptilian overlords theory. That was made popular by a British conspiracy weirdo named David Ike.

Jones isn't that far off from typical John Birch Society stuff which is as American as apple pie or JFK conspiracy theories, but it doesn't venture off into reptilian lizard people territory. I don't want to defend that side of the right wing but I think it's disingenuous the way the left just assassinates characters.

They did to Mark Levin who is a regular Reaganite right wing radio hosts with no inclination to promote conspiracy theories but was railroaded by the left wing media as a conspiracy peddler akin to Alex Jones.

This is just one of the main reasons why I just hate what the liberal left has become in terms of silencing their opposition.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:33 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Yet another "issue" I would have not known a single thing about if someone hadn't taken offense and whined about it.

Have to say, now that I know, what's not to like?

I may have to go out of my way to buy some fries.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:35 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
See, to me, this is worse than a rainbow colored french fry container. Telling kids about sexual things at such a young age, that gives me chills.
Teachers are teaching kids in school to try gay sex out before forming their opinion if it's the right or wrong thing to do. And what's up with pajama day at public schools? And every time a teacher in my area gets popped molesting kids, it really is no longer a big surprise anymore.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:35 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I hate sticking up for a guy like Alex Jones but the guy never promoted the reptilian overlords theory. That was made popular by a British conspiracy weirdo named David Ike.

Jones isn't that far off from typical John Birch Society stuff which is as American as apple pie or JFK conspiracy theories, but it doesn't venture off into reptilian lizard people territory. I don't want to defend that side of the right wing but I think it's disingenuous the way the left just assassinates characters.

They did to Mark Levin who is a regular Reaganite right wing radio hosts with no inclination to promote conspiracy theories but was railroaded by the left wing media as a conspiracy peddler akin to Alex Jones.

This is just one of the main reasons why I just hate what the liberal left has become in terms of silencing their opposition.
He said sandy hook was staged by the government and the crying mom's weRe actors. He is disgusting and deserves all the hate he gets. Shame on him!

Old 06-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:

Icke was actually a goalkeeper and then sports presenter on British TV, he even wrote a book about his footballing days.

Then he suddenly started to get involved in green issues and from then this transgressed in some rather bizzare views. He used to live on the Isle of Wight, and dress in a turquoise outfit proclaiming to be the Son of God, much to the amusement of festival goers and visitors to the island, indeed groups of Mods would arrive on their scooters and knock on his door just to laugh at him.

He went on to be adpted by Conspiracy Theorists, as one of their own, and has gone on about a Lizard race being amoing us for the last couple if decades. This has seen him banned from a few venues and countries as many believe that it's actually the Lizards are a substitute for Jews and they allege he's anti-semitic.

I would suggest he's more bonkers than anything else.

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
The Nazis believe that Jews and non-whites should be killed or expelled from society. Gay pride acknowledges that gay people exist and should have rights.

Do you really believe those to be the same thing?
On the same level of being two things that people find morally wrong, yes it is.

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
He said sandy hook was staged by the government and the crying mom's weRe actors. He is disgusting and deserves all the hate he gets. Shame on him!
Yes I know he said that. But that doesn't mean lie and smear him. I don't get why politics, especially on the left has become a no holds barred anything goes, anything and everything to tear someone down.

Jones is a proto-typical conspiracy theorist type and they have been an American tradition on the radio for decades upon decades. It dates back to the John Birch Society days and they have freedom of speech.

Yet, I don't like this redefining by liberals as to what America really stands for and really means. It casts a big net to mock, marginalize, revile and outright lie about people they hate and don't subscribe to their beliefs.

This is why I keep wondering whether this is really about creating a new society for liberals and leftist or if it's just revenge politics?? It's like the Revenge of the Nerds meets the French Revolution. All of the marginalized groups of yesteryear are taking out the church, the alpha-male baby boomer type, the patriarchy, etc.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:43 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I have a better solution for the OP: purchase stock in McDonalds, then you may attend the annual shareholder's meeting and voice your concerns. One share will do (it is now $151 per share).
Who buys shares to a joint that serves up crapola? Oh that's right, 90% of the population eats junk food and their health reflects that. Not to worry though, for that high cholesterol, high fructose corn syrup intake, there is a pill for all the ailments, granted you'll have 3 to 5 side affects fro these pills, but no worries, it's easier to take a pill then to actually have the drive to correct the real problem.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:44 AM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Your perception is wrong. The opposite is true- they want to have equal rights to everyone else. There's a "pride month" because the LGBTQ population has been historically discriminated against. While progress has been made, it's not a done deal by a long shot both legally and as far as public acceptance goes. So that's why there's a pride month. It's activism for equality. Every oppressed group in history has to be active if they want to achieve equality and even then it doesn't work sometimes. We're not all the way there, but we're much further than we were with LGBTQ rights even 20 years ago. You don't achieve that progress if you're not actively working for it. Their work clearly isn't done as they still don't have the same rights as everyone. That's why there's a pride month.

And why don't you take your own advice and go live your life and enjoy your time on this plant? If you're not gay, literally none of this affects you - unless you happen to be at one of the handful of parade McDonald's locations along the D.C. Pride parade route between June 9-11. Because that's literally the only time and place you'll find these boxes that seem to be making a lot of uptight people really angry.

It's a discussion forum , it's what we do here. We discuss things.

And , if what you say is true... progressing things for the LGBTQ community why would you basically tell me to mind my own business ? You would have gotten your point across with the first paragraph.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:45 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,988 times
Quote:
Yes I know he said that. But that doesn't mean lie and smear him. I don't get why politics, especially on the left has become a no holds barred anything goes, anything and everything to tear someone down.

Jones is a proto-typical conspiracy theorist type and they have been an American tradition on the radio for decades upon decades. It dates back to the John Birch Society days and they have freedom of speech.

Yet, I don't like this redefining by liberals as to what America really stands for and really means. It casts a big net to mock, marginalize, revile and outright lie about people they hate and don't subscribe to their beliefs.

This is why I keep wondering whether this is really about creating a new society for liberals and leftist or if it's just revenge politics?? It's like the Revenge of the Nerds meets the French Revolution. All of the marginalized groups of yesteryear are taking out the church, the alpha-male baby boomer type, the patriarchy, etc.
Calling a mother crying who lost her child a false actor paid by the government is a American tradition?

And I thought I heard it all....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies