Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 09:52 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Name them, and by the way why would you be against their conversations being public, does trump want to hide something?
You name them.

Party made the conclusion that just because something wasn't classified it was legal to "leak" it. 100% false.

Try to respond to what was posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 10:00 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
FBI Comey did break the law. He is a leaker. They were written when he was the FBI director. I believe he acted out of malice. Comey would not tell the public that the president was NOT under investigation , yet Comey allowed the fake narrative to continue for months and months on the left with the New York Times receiving the leaks.

Comey told President Trump he was not under investigation for a three month period.

President Trump was frustrated that Comey would not allow this fact to be made public. Comey was putting the screws to President Trump and Trump knew it. Not nice. Very telling of how Comey hated Trump from the beginning.
To me lying can be the sin of omission. Yes Comey never stated publicly that Trump was not under investigation; but he had his 'reasons' why he could not confirm the information he gave our President in private. Some can call that a shrewd politician and some can simply call it lying to hurt somebody they felt was an opponent. Why could he not state then what he can state now?

I also loved that statement from him before his testimony: Don't let Trump alone with me! https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/u...rump.html?_r=0. Comey was the head of the FBI and knew exactly what was proper and what was not. It apparently did not bother him when he talked privately to Loretta Lynch and he was so terrified that he changed his testimony. We did not hear him scream not to leave her alone with him! So it all boils down to who Comey wants to run the show and who he doesn't want to run the show!

Old 06-09-2017, 10:12 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Let me ask you this, then. For many years, I worked for a public agency funded by local government. That agency also received some state and federal funding. My salary came from that agency.

During most of those years, I kept a private journal that eventually filled several volumes. I included incidents which happened at work as well as entries about my personal life. I wrote about frustrating incidents as well as productive ones. I occasionally wrote critically about coworkers and supervisors, some of whom were not good at their work and who caused difficulties for others. I also wrote about others who did do their jobs effectively. I wrote about both professional successes and occasional failures and frustrations. I wrote about friends and travel and my various leisure activities that were non-work related. I wrote about my immediate and extended family members.

I wrote about the days of my life during that time.

To whom does that journal belong now? To whom do the contents of that journal belong? Is it all mine? Or is part of it the property of any of the three levels of government who contributed to the agency for which I worked a couple of decades ago, since I must have used part of my salary to purchase the empty journals and pens I used to write in them?

If I wanted to discard my journal(s), would I be free to do so without first checking with local, state, and federal government for permission? Do government officials and my former supervisors have the right to read my journals?

Or if I decided to share something I wrote way back then, or send some of it off via someone I knew and trusted who would be able to facilitate publication for whatever reason, would I be in violation of the law?

I don't think so. You can see how ridiculous this argument becomes.
Comey used the FBI's computers to store the information.Comey was on the FBI's time clock.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You name them.

Party made the conclusion that just because something wasn't classified it was legal to "leak" it. 100% false.

Try to respond to what was posted.
You claimed there were numerous privacy laws broken so You name them, that is how claim work, you make it you back it up.

Actually that is how it works, if it is not classified then it is open to be repeated to others, you just do not like it because those wink, wink, nudge, nudge tactics by trump make him look bad, again.

Try backing up your posted claims.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:17 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Comey used the FBI's computers to store the information.Comey was on the FBI's time clock.
So What?

Old 06-09-2017, 11:27 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
OK what folks are missing is that this is covered under whistle blower laws. This is settled law, with the supreme court having ruled on it.

1. Its of public interest.
2. NO classified information was released.

The courts have ruled that the public has a constitutional right to hear this information.

BTW ALSO keep in mind...Comey ran ALL of this past Mueller.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:05 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Slimy and creepy, LOCK HIM UP.............I can only dream.

If it did not happen to Herr-Haggy, it probably ain't gunna happen to Ratomey.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:13 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,539,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Shocking to hear that a FBI director leaks memos to the media. Comey with his 7" showed us what a "little" man he is!

Incompetent director!
He leaked his own memos, you maroon.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:22 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,717 times
Comey's memos weren't classified documents. If they are considered classified then all Trumps tweets are which makes our President the leaker along with his private meeting with the Russians in the Oval Office.

Then theres Bannon with his own agenda.

Kushner, Sessions in his administration and the list of other people he fired or resigned.

Oh Yea, Trump's midnight tweet of gibberish, does he have an alias twitter account?

Old 06-09-2017, 12:24 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So What?
That makes it the property of the US government
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies