Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 07:37 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Slimy smelly obese Trump is the biggest leaker of all.
I didn't think it was possible for the Left to degrade even further down the age chain, but here it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 07:38 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
So he signed an agreement that doesn't make it a criminal issue for a Comey. Maybe he should be fired for... oh yeah
You don't believe violating the employment agreement with the FBI is probably a crime?

Old 06-09-2017, 07:38 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
He did not publicly hand over his notes. He secretly gave them to a friend to give to the media as an anonymous source..

Here is an excerpt from the FBI employment agreement. I guess he didn't care about this though.

As consideration for my employment, or my continued employment, with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), United States Department of Justice, I hereby agree to be governed by and to comply with the following provisions:
1.Unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or negligent handling of information contained in the files, electronic or paper, of the FBI or which Imay acquire as an employee of the FBI could impair national security, place human life in jeopardy, result in the denial of due process, prevent the FBI from effectively discharging its responsibilities, or violate federal law. I understand that by being granted access to such information, I am accepting a position of special trust and am obligated to protect such information from unauthorized disclosure.
2.All information acquired by me in connection with my official duties with the FBI and all official material to which I have access remain the property of the United States of America. I will surrender upon demand by the FBI, or upon my separation from the FBI, all materials containing FBI information in my possession.
3.I will not reveal, by any means, any information or material from or related to FBI files or any other information acquired by virtue of my official employment to any unauthorized recipient without prior official written authorization by the FBI.
So he signed an agreement that doesn't make it a criminal issue for a Comey. Maybe he should be fired for... oh yeah

Old 06-09-2017, 07:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
He did not publicly hand over his notes. He secretly gave them to a friend to give to the media as an anonymous source..

Here is an excerpt from the FBI employment agreement. I guess he didn't care about this though.

As consideration for my employment, or my continued employment, with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), United States Department of Justice, I hereby agree to be governed by and to comply with the following provisions:
1.Unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or negligent handling of information contained in the files, electronic or paper, of the FBI or which Imay acquire as an employee of the FBI could impair national security, place human life in jeopardy, result in the denial of due process, prevent the FBI from effectively discharging its responsibilities, or violate federal law. I understand that by being granted access to such information, I am accepting a position of special trust and am obligated to protect such information from unauthorized disclosure.
2.All information acquired by me in connection with my official duties with the FBI and all official material to which I have access remain the property of the United States of America. I will surrender upon demand by the FBI, or upon my separation from the FBI, all materials containing FBI information in my possession.
3.I will not reveal, by any means, any information or material from or related to FBI files or any other information acquired by virtue of my official employment to any unauthorized recipient without prior official written authorization by the FBI.
He is no longer an employee and the docs were his personal notes.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:41 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think it is sad that a man of principle such as Comey felt that he had to get the memo out there to corroborate the tapes and to initiate a special counsel. Sad that someone who honorably served the country for so many years had to protect himself from an unethical lunatic in the WH. I think he looked at it as falling on his sword because of the need for an independent investigation.

Technically, it can be interpreted two ways--private memo by a private citizen, or work product of the FBI. It's all in the legal interpretation. I think that he, being as familiar with the law as he is, did it in a way that could be legally defended. And, frankly, it was for the better good. Nothing Trump does is for the better good--only good for himself.

He certainly could not share it with the DOJ run by a Trump flunky that he couldn't trust. He admitted it publicly. Let's face it, Nixon was brought down by officials leaking privately to the media.
I agree and anyone who cannot envision himself in Comey's shoes deserves zero sympathy for any of their personal trials and tribulations.

The red part: exactly correct. And since Congress seems to be OK with it and Trump is POTUS and party to the conversations, let him direct the DOJ to initiate proceedings, rather than hiding behind Twitter.

Anyone think that will happen? Why or why not?

Old 06-09-2017, 07:41 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
He is no longer an employee and the docs were his personal notes.
Nope, they were/are property of the US government.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:43 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times
Shocking. Comey leaked his own diaries that contained no classified information. The Horror!!!

Old 06-09-2017, 07:44 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I didn't think it was possible for the Left to degrade even further down the age chain, but here it is.
And YOU are personally responsible for everything that the "right" says and does.

Care to comment on that?

Old 06-09-2017, 07:44 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
I love how people race off to copy and paste some snippet they found online to support their argument, when it takes a full understanding of the law being cited, with examples of how it is applied and when it's not applicable, to be able to discuss it with any intelligence.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:45 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times
Quote:
You don't believe violating the employment agreement with the FBI is probably a crime?
Violations of employee agreements are usually a civil matter not a criminal matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies