Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 07:45 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Nope, they were/are property of the US government.
For Congress and DOJ to decide. Which law firm you work for again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I love how people race off to copy and paste some snippet they found online to support their argument, when it takes a full understanding of the law being cited, with examples of how it is applied and when it's not applicable, to be able to discuss it with any intelligence.
Well, yeah, sure, if you are going to bring intelligence into it.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:46 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
For Congress and DOJ to decide. Which law firm you work for again?
And they will decide that. It's written law. You'll see.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:47 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Nope, they were/are property of the US government.

I believe this would be the case IF his job required him to take notes of every discussion he had with the president.

There is no such requirement. It's not in his job description. He did this of his own accord. HIS notes. Not government property.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
And they will decide that. It's written law. You'll see.
I'm waiting with bated breath.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Shocking to hear that a FBI director leaks memos to the media. Comey with his 7" showed us what a "little" man he is!

Incompetent director!
Yes, let's whine about leaking and ignore what was leaked, good grief.

According to you, he was popular within the FBI, and by the way he is no longer the Director of the FBI, your Golden Boy fired him when he realized he was not going to end the investigations and publically kiss his arse. Now on with the investigations

Old 06-09-2017, 07:49 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Well, yeah, sure, if you are going to bring intelligence into it.
Yes, and why would anyone want to do that?

Old 06-09-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I believe this would be the case IF his job required him to take notes of every discussion he had with the president.

There is no such requirement. It's not in his job description. He did this of his own accord. HIS notes. Not government property.
And Trump portrayed it as a social meeting. Even FBI directors are allowed private lives.

If it WERE an official meeting, that might get a bit tricky for both parties. The "leaker" and the "obstructor".

What do you think his crack team of legal minds might advise?

Old 06-09-2017, 07:52 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:

Nope..Try again.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:53 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Comey turned the FBI to be very politicized.
These memos, did not exist until he was fired. That is why they are on his personal private computer, not his old government issue one.
Why have your personal computer in the car, when you are doing government business and not have your Government issue laptop??
Crap don't add up.

He fabricated these "notes" after he was fired. My computer tells me when I created the file and the last time I modified it. Guess since government related stuff was on that PC, it will be seized in the investigation as evidence.
I never used my former employer's equipment or time for personal business or notes. Doing so would be a misuse of company property.

Files show date created. I believe Comey also shared some of his notes will colleagues at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies