Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 08:27 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
FBI Comey did break the law. He is a leaker. They were written when he was the FBI director. I believe he acted out of malice. Comey would not tell the public that the president was NOT under investigation , yet Comey allowed the fake narrative to continue for months and months on the left with the New York Times receiving the leaks.

Comey told President Trump he was not under investigation for a three month period.

President Trump was frustrated that Comey would not allow this fact to be made public. Comey was putting the screws to President Trump and Trump knew it. Not nice. Very telling of how Comey hated Trump from the beginning.
Which law...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 08:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
FBI Comey did break the law. He is a leaker. They were written when he was the FBI director. I believe he acted out of malice. Comey would not tell the public that the president was NOT under investigation , yet Comey allowed the fake narrative to continue for months and months on the left with the New York Times receiving the leaks.

Comey told President Trump he was not under investigation for a three month period.

President Trump was frustrated that Comey would not allow this fact to be made public. Comey was putting the screws to President Trump and Trump knew it. Not nice. Very telling of how Comey hated Trump from the beginning.
The memos did not contain classified information. Therefore, his actions were not illegal.

So?

Nixon wasn't under investitgation either - when Watergate started. Comey clearly said he didn't want to make that public statement because then he would have the duty to correct IF Trump did become a focus.

What is that so hard to understand? He did not know where the investigation would go so why should he make a public statement that could later turn out to be completely incorrect?

Old 06-09-2017, 08:38 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The memos did not contain classified information. Therefore, his actions were not illegal.

So?

Nixon wasn't under investitgation either - when Watergate started. Comey clearly said he didn't want to make that public statement because then he would have the duty to correct IF Trump did become a focus.

What is that so hard to understand? He did not know where the investigation would go so why should he make a public statement that could later turn out to be completely incorrect?
Any conversations with the POTUS is indeed classified.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No, they are not.
Next!

Old 06-09-2017, 09:15 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Quote:
Exactly..What he did is definitely illegal. Those memos are the property of the US government and he stole them to be used for personal purposes. There is a law for just that scenario.
Let me ask you this, then. For many years, I worked for a public agency funded by local government. That agency also received some state and federal funding. My salary came from that agency.

During most of those years, I kept a private journal that eventually filled several volumes. I included incidents which happened at work as well as entries about my personal life. I wrote about frustrating incidents as well as productive ones. I occasionally wrote critically about coworkers and supervisors, some of whom were not good at their work and who caused difficulties for others. I also wrote about others who did do their jobs effectively. I wrote about both professional successes and occasional failures and frustrations. I wrote about friends and travel and my various leisure activities that were non-work related. I wrote about my immediate and extended family members.

I wrote about the days of my life during that time.

To whom does that journal belong now? To whom do the contents of that journal belong? Is it all mine? Or is part of it the property of any of the three levels of government who contributed to the agency for which I worked a couple of decades ago, since I must have used part of my salary to purchase the empty journals and pens I used to write in them?

If I wanted to discard my journal(s), would I be free to do so without first checking with local, state, and federal government for permission? Do government officials and my former supervisors have the right to read my journals?

Or if I decided to share something I wrote way back then, or send some of it off via someone I knew and trusted who would be able to facilitate publication for whatever reason, would I be in violation of the law?

I don't think so. You can see how ridiculous this argument becomes.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:15 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
The memos did not contain classified information. Therefore, his actions were not illegal. ....
Incorrect.

There are numerous other privacy laws that could apply.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:17 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Quote:
Nope, not true. Are you saying that anytime Trump (or any other president) shakes hands with a supporter and briefly exchanges greetings with them, this "conversation" is automatically classified? That's not the way it works. Where did you get this notion?

Old 06-09-2017, 09:19 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Incorrect.

Name them, and by the way why would you be against their conversations being public, does trump want to hide something?

Old 06-09-2017, 09:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Incorrect.

Key word here being 'could".

Old 06-09-2017, 09:27 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:

He couldn't run it past the DOJ because the Atty General had recused herself by that point.

That said, it might be a good thing if the FBI director doesn't put too much trust in any elected official.

She didn't really recuse herself - she said she would accept whatever the FBI's findings were, which wasn't the same. Protocol was for him to go to the DOJ with the findings and for her to announce them. He rightfully didn't trust her.

Quote:

LOL - it's not breaking the law just because you say it is....or want it to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies