Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is most to blame for male high school students being about twice as likely to get suspended as
Biology - Testosterone 20 60.61%
Culture - Males are raised to be more aggressive 8 24.24%
Discrimination - Schools have a bias against males 5 15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 07:24 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Misandry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 08:42 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I raised boys and I did circles around them -- I was a baddie when young- nothing horrible just not sweet norm in a dress with pig tails --- so thing is, girls are sneaky and they plan and plot their misdeeds. Boys just stupid and need to show their bravado-- they get high fives for kicking a$$-- manhood validation--
thus all in the open, they get caught. Now brawls on media becoming a big thing- but most gals do not want their noses broken - so they find other ways....
I think you have a very valid point.
I do think boys in general are more aggressive and more likely to take risks as well it seems boys have a higher rate of ADHD but yes I agree there is definitely a sneaky factor involved.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:47 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
In my experience decades ago, boys would hit each other when frustrated or angry. Boys just aren't verbal. Girls exacted their revenge for perceived slights in more vicious way of verbal harassment and social attacks.

Boys would usually make up and forget the whole dispute, especially if teammates in sports. Girls seemed to hold grudges against each other until death.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:49 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I raised boys and I did circles around them -- I was a baddie when young- nothing horrible just not sweet norm in a dress with pig tails --- so thing is, girls are sneaky and they plan and plot their misdeeds. Boys just stupid and need to show their bravado-- they get high fives for kicking a$$-- manhood validation--
thus all in the open, they get caught. Now brawls on media becoming a big thing- but most gals do not want their noses broken - so they find other ways....
I think this is true.

Back in high school, boys were much more extraverted with their misdeeds: planning pranks, being disruptive in class, talking back to the teacher, and getting caught pulling pranks. Girls did it too, but not to the same level.

Girls were more sneaky and flew under the radar, but also misbehaved in ways that wouldn't get you suspended (like gossiping and being catty).

Old 06-09-2017, 09:26 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,140 times
It's the Matriarchy and systemic sexism that has been embedded in our culture since the secret meetings of our female oppressors at the founding of this nation. It even goes back as far as cavewoman days, where the females genetically engineered the species so that only they could give birth and proceed to control the minds of the children.

We must educate women on how not to oppress men, ask that they recognize their privilege, and demand that they step down from their positions of power to allow men and other minorities access to those privileges they've enjoyed throughout history.

The End.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:10 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,783 times
High Schools boys are hormonal ****stains. I know because I was once one.

More than likely, high Schools boys act out becasue of this. While cultural influences are undeniably at play, even if they weren't, boys are more likely to be more aggressive by nature.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:42 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
High Schools boys are hormonal ****stains. I know because I was once one.

More than likely, high Schools boys act out becasue of this. While cultural influences are undeniably at play, even if they weren't, boys are more likely to be more aggressive by nature.
Also, the education system is basically designed for girls. Boys are naturally more active and tend to not like sitting in place nicely for hours, so they treat boys as misbehaving girls and sometimes medicate them for ADHD.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:03 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Also, the education system is basically designed for girls. Boys are naturally more active and tend to not like sitting in place nicely for hours, so they treat boys as misbehaving girls and sometimes medicate them for ADHD.
I'm pretty sure the education system has required students to sit in place nicely for hours since it first began and girls weren't allowed.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:06 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
It is discrimination, that is the only reason why there can ever be a difference between two or more, defined legally by the US gov, groups.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:08 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

What is most to blame for male high school students being about twice as likely to get suspended as female high school students?
Simple... "Hey fellas, watch this."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies