Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 02:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I have never listened to him. But I think the general public has been lied to so many times that they have come to believe that everything they are told by authority figures is a lie. And someone like him reinforces their belief.

It is like we can no longer have fun and humor in our lives, nor in our news sourcing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 02:13 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Following a long tradition of hucksters exploiting the left hand side of the bell curve.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:14 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I have never listened to him. But I think the general public has been lied to so many times that they have come to believe that everything they are told by authority figures is a lie. And someone like him reinforces their belief.
So basically they listen and believe what they want to hear (Comet Pedo Pizza, Newtown fakery, 9/11 conspiracy) and any "reputable" source counter to what they want to hear = fake news.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:17 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Why do so many people trust Alex Jones? So many people are brain damaged, despicable human beings, dumb as stumps or combinations of all three.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:23 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
alex jones is a nut job conspiracy theorist who panders to the gullible, doesn't matter which party left or right
I'm good with this statement LOL. That man is insane.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
If you had to choose, because your life depended on it, who would you pick?

Alex Jones
Chuck Schumer
Nancy Pelosi
Harry Reid
Maxine Waters

Old 06-14-2017, 02:30 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Members the tribe usually trust the tribal leader. The followers of Alex Jones are no exception.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:30 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
A sizable portion of Americans believe the government is evil. I no of no one naive enough to believe the government is extremely honest, but most rational people, be them liberal or conservative, tend to accept that reality that governments have to do some morally gray things. As German chancellor Bismarck described it, the 'sausage making of government;' you need to have a stomach for that sort of thing.
Rational people understand government isn't moral. Go ahead and give examples where government is moral.

Quote:
More over, conservatism in the US turned more anti-government over the years. Reagan in particular is responsible for spreading around the mostly dishonest idea that government is always inefficient.
It's not a lie. Government is inefficient and people knew that long before Reagan lied his way into office. Go ahead and give examples where government has spent the peoples money wisely. I'll be waiting.
btw - Reagan wasn't conservative once he got into office.

Quote:
As such, conservatism tends to be less in favor of government (in America). Add to that the general liberal bias in the media (I hold that people who think this are incredibly ****ing lazy; watch Fox or even better read the WSJ; both are conservative and just as valid as sources as CNN or the NYT respectively), many of the most hardline conservatives don't trust anything. And neither does Alex Jones. He appeals to their superstition. Yes, he's insane, but have you ever talked to his listeners?
His listeners aren't the insane ones here.
Jones is obnoxious but he isn't insane. He didn't back obama so he can't be to defective now can he.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:38 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Alex Jones
Chuck Schumer
Nancy Pelosi
Harry Reid
Maxine Waters
Choose for what?

Old 06-14-2017, 03:19 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Alex Jones
Chuck Schumer
Nancy Pelosi
Harry Reid
Maxine Waters
I would think, "I am going to die".
And you could add Ryan, Trump, McCain etc to the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies