Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 03:07 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Now there are more women in college than men.
I've gone to a few Colleges in Nevada, and it's heavily male dominated. In all the classes I've took, it's 80% men. The nursing program has mostly females, but that's about it.

But it all depends on your location and population demographics. In Northern Nevada, demographics lean towards males and the older age brackets (50+).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 03:12 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
I've gone to a few Colleges in Nevada, and it's heavily male dominated. In all the classes I've took, it's 80% men. The nursing program has mostly females, but that's about it.

But it all depends on your location and population demographics. In Northern Nevada, demographics lean towards males and the older age brackets (50+).
Looks like a mixed bag....the tech colleges are generally skewed one way or the other, in part based on what they teach for some, but the main universities look to have the % of men in the 40s for the most part.

https://collegestats.org/colleges/nevada/highest-men/

Old 06-21-2017, 03:14 PM

514 posts, read 471,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
Also, as a side-note of some interest, here is another quote from the article:

In other words, some objective data suggests that the subjective self-reporting-based data is, in fact, not the whole story.
Before you can compare a second data set, it needs to run through a similar set of controls and corrections.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:51 PM

524 posts, read 252,288 times
Letting women vote, in hindsight, may have been a big mistake. Women lack the logic to make objective minded, long term decisions. They think in the here and now and have no comprehension of planning and cause and effect.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective Detective View Post
Letting women vote, in hindsight, may have been a big mistake. Women lack the logic to make objective minded, long term decisions. They think in the here and now and have no comprehension of planning and cause and effect.
Oh I would love to see all the data and cogent arguments you have on this...this is not even just an argument "men are better at being logical", but that women lack logic skills completely. I'm sure this will be scintillating.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:01 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective Detective View Post
You don't think your mother is smart? I guess that explains how she raised someone like you,ignorance tends to breed more ignorance.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:10 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
I can add further: I prefer male doctors. I hear women talking about their female doctor all the time and since I have a choice, a preference, I prefer a male doctor. I don't have a specific reason other than male doctors I feel more relaxed around them. (or at least it feels that way to me when I am being examined) ---But not always a fair assumption because there are plenty of qualified female doctors out there . I get that....

I hear women say, "Oh, my gynecologist is female. She understands my body." Really? So, male doctors don't have an understanding of your body? It's just apples and oranges. I prefer oranges.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I can add further: I prefer male doctors. I hear women talking about their female doctor all the time and since I have a choice, a preference, I prefer a male doctor. I don't have a specific reason other than male doctors I feel more relaxed around them. (or at least it feels that way to me when I am being examined) ---But not always a fair assumption because there are plenty of qualified female doctors out there . I get that....

I hear women say, "Oh, my gynecologist is female. She understands my body." Really? So, male doctors don't have an understanding of your body? It's just apples and oranges. I prefer oranges.
Of all the doctors you could mention, it's a gynecologist

If a woman is more comfortable discussing such things with another woman, what does it matter to you, in the end? I do think there is an extra layer of potential understanding between members of the same gender since you actually experience the processes associated with the reproductive system. It doesn't mean that men can't possess a clinical understanding of the female reproductive system that is sufficient in most cases, though.

I am just glad there ARE woman doctors to A) allow women to choose their professions B) expand the pool of capable professionals and C) provide options for everyone to be comfortable with a provider of their choice.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:33 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

Congratulations?

Old 06-21-2017, 04:56 PM

277 posts, read 401,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Originally, there was just one statement.

And I'm not grasping at straws, happiness is subjective. No way around that. Science can and will try to study subjective concepts, but until they can make a subject like happiness less vague and ephemeral, then the study's value is equally vague and ephemeral.
In clinical medicine, there is a whole scientific diagnostic art form based around careful, systematic analysis of people's subjective experiences and the way they report them. If you think this is vague and ephemeral or has questionably vague or ephemeral value, you're completely out of your depth on this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies