Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 01:23 PM

22,242 posts, read 19,565,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How can that be?

Republicans keep winning elections. Just this week,
  • GA06 - Suburban Atlanta - Republican beat well financed Democrat
  • SC05 - Suburban Charlotte - Republican beat Democrat for seat that Democrats held for 100 years until Obama.
This speaks for itself. No leftist news rag needed.

Democrats lost a suburban Atlanta swat the GOP held for decades in GA-6 and a seat that is a mix of suburban Charlotte and rural SC. A district that move GOP 20 years ago that the Democrats heldd onto due to a long term incumbent in which the GOP gerrymandered after 2010. A district that was much closer than anyone thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 01:24 PM

29,637 posts, read 16,666,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Whether they met with the constituents before the bill was introduced isn't the same as meeting with them before it is signed. I believe at least a couple of ours are holding town meetings in the next few days to week. And my heart goes out to these reps. I have seen what has happened in the past few months with open meetings. There are protesters at everyone, not even allowing the elected officials to talk. Obviously s good number of the audience is being paid to stir up trouble or they would rather raise HELL than bother to vote. Cause had they voted the GOP side would not have carried our state by such a large majority if at all. This reminds of a meeting I attended just a couple of days ago on a different subject. It had to do with plans for an activity room here in our community. Half the people attending only wanted to push for things they wanted which had nothing to do with the topic at hand that day.
I have no idea why you guys think people are paid. Even in my Conservative area, Dems outnumber republicans at these meetings, it is because we tend to email each other and make sure we go, not because some outside groups pays us to go.

Why is it that conservatives lose it and look for a conspiracy theory when they realize people think differently than them ?????

Old 06-24-2017, 01:24 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,368,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Democrats lost a suburban Atlanta swat the GOP held for decades in GA-6 and a seat that is a mix of suburban Charlotte and rural SC. A district that move GOP 20 years ago that the Democrats heldd onto due to a long term incumbent in which the GOP gerrymandered after 2010. A district that was much closer than anyone thought.
Who cares. They lost.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:27 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,786,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Democrats lost.....
Indeed. You argue for a participation certificate.

The rag the OP cited for this topic also said this about the election.
We are all Jon Ossoff. Deeply inspired by John Lewis, we crave to be part of his legacy.
Flipping the deeply red 6th Congressional District would be a historic victory.
John Lewis to fellow Georgians: We must vote for Ossoff "like we've never voted before" - Shareblue

The GOP isn't scared of its constituents. They keep winning elections.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
How can that be?

Republicans keep winning elections. Just this week,
  • GA06 - Suburban Atlanta - Republican beat well financed Democrat
  • SC05 - Suburban Charlotte - Republican beat Democrat for seat that Democrats held for 100 years until Obama.
This speaks for itself. No leftist news rag needed.

1. Calling something a suburb of Atlanta doesnt change that the party affiliation is +8 Republican

2. Calling something a suburn of Charlotte doesnt change that the party affiliation is +9 Republican.

3. The South Carolina seat was previously held by a Republican, not a Democrat

4. Seat numbers and geography of districts change every 10 years, saying a Democrat held a district for however long is either ignorant in and of itself or willfully ignorant(purposefully lying).

Old 06-24-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Who cares. They lost.
Translation

"i know im wrong, but instead of discussing the situation in a thoughtful conversation, im going to put my hands over my ears and scream "la la la la la la lal "

Old 06-24-2017, 01:33 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,786,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Translation

...."la la la la la la lal "

Translation: Trump deranged lost the argument yet again.

Republicans are not afraid of their constituents as alleged by the OP. They, unlike Democrats, keep winning elections.

Suburban Atlanta & Suburban Charlotte prove it just this week.

Old 06-24-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Indeed. You argue for a participation certificate.

The rag the OP cited for this topic also said this about the election.
We are all Jon Ossoff. Deeply inspired by John Lewis, we crave to be part of his legacy.
Flipping the deeply red 6th Congressional District would be a historic victory.
John Lewis to fellow Georgians: We must vote for Ossoff "like we've never voted before" - Shareblue

The GOP isn't scared of its constituents. They keep winning elections.

I'm not arguing for a participation certificate. I'm pointing out the specifics of the district you mentioned.

Old 06-24-2017, 02:09 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,591,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
They face angry liberals who are paid to disrupt town halls, not constituents. Remember this is the summer of resistance.
Bull. Many Republicans don't like how anything is going either. Whenever I contact Rubio he won't get on the phone or return any emails. He doesn't know if I am a dem or rep.

Old 06-24-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Translation: Trump deranged lost the argument yet again.

Republicans are not afraid of their constituents as alleged by the OP. They, unlike Democrats, keep winning elections.

Suburban Atlanta & Suburban Charlotte prove it just this week.
Only a portion of SC-5 is suburban Charlotte. Not sure what a Republican winning a Republican district proves...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies