Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 06:28 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,711,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You must be living in an alternate universe.

Here are just a small portion of the violence from the right-wing. There are many many more.

'Pizzagate' Gunman Pleads Guilty To Charges : The Two-Way : NPR

Oregon man jailed for fatally stabbing two on Portland train - NY Daily News

Dylann Roof found guilty in church massacre that killed nine - NY Daily News

Planned Parenthood shooter admired abortion foe who killed Fla. doctor - CBS News

The man who killed a Kansas abortion provider has his sentence reduced - LA Times

Richard Collins III's death a grim reminder that hate thrives – even on campus - Chicago Tribune

Attacker in Midtown stabbing admits he wanted to kill black men - NY Daily News

Surveillance Video Shows What Happens When Thugs Mess With the Wrong Concealed Carry Permit Holder – TheBlaze

Florida Trump Supporter 'Pulled a Gun Out' During Argument Over Candidates - NBC News

Two apparent Trump supporters detained, accused of flashing gun at 'No Ban' rally | KATU

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...e-Jane-Dittmar

Trump supporter points gun at 6 kids after his sign is destroyed - NY Daily News

NOPD: Trump supporter waved gun at pedestrians in Uptown New Orleans | Crime/Police | theadvocate.com

Trump Supporter Pulls Gun On Crowd Of Black Lives Matters Protesters - Thug Life Videos

Armed man in Donald Trump shirt harasses Va. mom at polling site - NY Daily News

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...at-rally-video

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...y-videos-show/

Male Donald Trump supporter punches woman in the face in Brooklyn | The Independent

Viral Video Shows Student White Supremacist Sucker-Punch Berkeley Anti-Trump Protester « CBS San Francisco

Trump Supporter Sucker Punches Black Protester – Mother Jones

Deplorable: Trump Supporter Punches 69-Year-Old Disabled Woman In The Face During Violence-Marred Trump Rally - America's Voice
I don't have that much time on my hands as you do, and I see you feel very strongly about this, but it's one-sided. I'm sure there are just as many if not more examples on the left. I suspect that some of these incidents were response to some sort of attack against them to begin with.

Why don't you include the list of those on the left also? Just to be fair, you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 07:09 AM

937 posts, read 700,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Why don't you include the list of those on the left also? Just to be fair, you know.
To be "fair"?? Oh, you mean one sided "fair" as in fair to the Republicans just as one would be fair to someone that is disabled? Oh, wait, I'm talking about the same group. .

What is really pathetic is any health bill doesn't have real political boundaries when it comes time for one to use it's benefits.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:14 AM

937 posts, read 700,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And this is fair??:
Quote:
—The biggest tax cut for the rich is retroactive. As we’ve reported before, the repeal measure delivers an estimated $346 billion in tax cuts over 10 years, all of it going to households with income over $250,000. But the biggest component of the cut — repeal of a 3.8% surcharge on capital gains and dividends for those taxpayers — would be retroactive to the beginning of this year. That turns it into more of a free handout for wealthy people who already had sold securities or collected dividends since Jan. 1.
That comes from the same capitalists that hate "welfare" (as they call it), but have NO problem when it comes to welfare for the rich.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:14 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,446,169 times
Quote:
LOL. They know they will get crushed by the angry Americans they are supposed to represent. They know how unpopular this health bill is.
Replace "Americans" with "Democrats astroturfing town hall meetings held by Republican congressmen" and your post would be accurate.

If I were one of those elected Republican congressmen, I'd just tell the Democrats they lost the election and to get over their precious little snowflake selves.

Then I'd have them removed by security if they continued to disrupt my town hall.

No one expects a Republican to do what Democrats want, or vice versa -- except dumb Democrat snowflakes.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:16 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,499,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Translation: Trump deranged lost the argument yet again.

Republicans are not afraid of their constituents as alleged by the OP. They, unlike Democrats, keep winning elections.

Suburban Atlanta & Suburban Charlotte prove it just this week.
Hey Waldo, when do you think California will turn red? Any estimates?

Old 06-27-2017, 07:24 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Oh Please. If a Democrat won either of those races, you guys would be crowing about how that it was a rejection of Donald Trump.

The Democrat Party which poured $10s of millions of dollars into those districts and they failed. Why? Because of nonsense in the OP.
LOL - you are funny.

Of course if the Democrats had won a Republican stronghold there would be celebration.

Republicans celebrating these close calls (in communities which have not been historically close calls) is ok with me.

They are breathing a HUGE sigh of relief. But I wouldn't throw it up as some BIG accomplishment.

That's like the first place team barely eking out a win against the last place team. Come on now -- sure the first place team cheers but they do so kind of on the down low -- lol.

It's true -- four months after Trump became President, these Republican strongholds are still standing. It's a good thing for the Republicans...it's not an amazingly great thing they almost lost them.

Republicans will be throwing money into those swing states in two years...you watch. And the line will be -- of course it is smart to spend money on the election.......

Old 06-27-2017, 07:37 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,805,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
They face angry liberals who are paid to disrupt town halls, not constituents. Remember this is the summer of resistance.
What daylux is doing is a technique perfected in totalitarian regimes to stop dissent and freedom to disagree.

It is unhealthy and anti-American.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:39 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,877,477 times
Quote:
LOL. They know they will get crushed by the angry Americans they are supposed to represent. They know how unpopular this health bill is.
You mean the plants by the Democratic party to create publicity propaganda? And the GOP isn't participating on the fraud the left is trying to perpetuate? The left who don't vote for GOP are trying to disrupt a GOP's meeting with REAL constituents... Ahh... too bad crybabies... we are not going to do what YOU like....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies