Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2017, 09:06 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I'm still in the dark about what "forced diversity" means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 09:06 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
In what way?

Simply being against forced diversity for diversity's sake does not constitute hate or bigotry.

I've talked to you on this forum enough to know you're smarter than that.
Who is forcing diversity on you?

Is someone moving an African orphan into your house against your will?

Is someone abducting you and making you go to Chinese restaurants?

Are you being forced to sit through mandatory Spanish classes?

Do the police come by and drag you off to the nearest mosque?

Mandatory rap lessons?

Old 06-26-2017, 09:11 AM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
I can't get on board with the idea that I should dislike someone if they dress differently or eat different food or listen to different music or have different religious beliefs than I do.

Conservative or liberal is not the point. Doesn't sound very American to me. I've never known an America that was a mono-culture. Maybe it was at one time.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
In what way?

Simply being against forced diversity for diversity's sake does not constitute hate or bigotry.

I've talked to you on this forum enough to know you're smarter than that.
I do not know what you are talking about concerning "forced".

Old 06-26-2017, 09:21 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I can't get on board with the idea that I should dislike someone if they dress differently or eat different food or listen to different music or have different religious beliefs than I do.

Conservative or liberal is not the point. Doesn't sound very American to me. I've never known an America that was a mono-culture. Maybe it was at one time.
Seriously.

Other cultures only cause problems if the person resistant to them cannot cope.

I don't care what someone eats.

I don't care what someone wears.

I don't care what holidays someone celebrates.

That's their business, not mine.

What sort of life is it where everyone and everything is the same?

A boring one, that's what.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:28 AM

18,501 posts, read 9,170,177 times
The main problem with "diversity" is that the bottom 99% divides along racial/ cultural/ religious/ ethnic lines, instead of uniting against the ruling class.

So the mantra of "our strength depends on diversity" is quite true, as long as "our" refers to "the ruling class."

Nonetheless, diversity is a fact of life here in the USA. Our future depends on uniting against the plutocracy regardless of our cultural/ racial/ religious/ ethnic differences.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:29 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
This whole thread reminds me of the South Park episode titled "Pee" where they are at a waterpark, and cutting to the chase, Eric Cartman sings a song about how now there are too many minorities, and that whites are a minority now. I'm getting a lot of that sentiment. In my opinion, who cares what race/ethnicity people are? They are still PEOPLE!

Old 06-26-2017, 09:36 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
multiculturalism and diversity is causing division. It does not make us stronger it makes us weaker and destroys the fabric of society. Name me a place where this so called diversity is so wonderful? You can not. The places that have the most happy people are where they are homologous. Japan is one. They have a very strict immigration policy and they are among the happiest and content. This multicultural BS is down the same rabbit hole as political correctness.
"Can you cite one speck of hard evidence of the benefits of "diversity" that we have heard gushed about for years? Evidence of its harm can be seen -- written in blood -- from Iraq to India, from Serbia to Sudan, from Fiji to the Philippines. It is scary how easily so many people can be brainwashed by sheer repetition of a word."

-Thomas Sowell

Sweden on the Brink of CIVIL WAR, National Police Chief: “HELP US, HELP US!”

So what do you think Sweden will look like 50 years down the road?

Personally, being so weak kneed and cowardly, I don't think they deserve to survive.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:57 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Who is forcing diversity on you?

Is someone moving an African orphan into your house against your will?

Is someone abducting you and making you go to Chinese restaurants?

Are you being forced to sit through mandatory Spanish classes?

Do the police come by and drag you off to the nearest mosque?

Mandatory rap lessons?
Busing, tolerance of illegal immigration, and racial or gender based hiring quotas, etc are examples of agenda driven forced diversity.

As is making irrational excuses for the violent acts committed by members of of other race or religions in the name of their race or religion.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:17 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I do not know what you are talking about concerning "forced".
See post #109.

Basically, anytime the government mandates social engineering through laws and regulations that are based on race, religion, gender sexual preferences etc, that create diversity where diversity would not otherwise occur naturally, is a form of forced diversity.

Another example would be zoning laws that mandate a minimum % of section eight housing in a given neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies