Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2017, 05:27 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yeah, I'm still in the dark about what "forced diversity" means.
Someone left this on my reputation:

Quote:
Perhaps being forced to do business with customers that you don't want to do business with? Just one tiny example of forced diversity.

If this is "forced diversity" is integration of schools also an example of this idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Many people just live their lives as an American and don't associate with their mother land at all. They have been American and identify with being an American... and those who want to come here that want to become an American are the ones that should come here. Their country IS AMERICA.
And many of us do associate with our "motherland" quite a bit - from our food to our cultural beliefs to our religion. This country IS AMERICA where we are free to do so.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Yes, we have always been a diverse, multi-cultural nation but we were also more tolerant in days gone by. Tolerance has gone by the wayside. Intolerance is in. There are those who want us all to be mirror images of what they say is acceptable. To be otherwise is to be ostracized, boycotted and destroyed, if possible and, if not, in the very least demonized.
I don't think we were more tolerant back then. My Irish ancestors couldn't find work because the 'Muricans of their day were convinced they were scumbag losers sent here to take other people's jobs. They were also discriminated against because of their religion. Sound familiar?

Old 06-27-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Certain people were cool with multiculturalism and diversity when they had complete domination over others. Now that things are slowly leveling out, those same people can't handle it.
Yes. Its like when people post articles about the rising minority population and how whites may some day be a minority. The people posting these articles are obviously not happy about this turn of events. And I have to ask why. I know why and so do these posters - they don't want to be treated the way these minorities have been treated by whites.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:36 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
multiculturalism and diversity is causing division. It does not make us stronger it makes us weaker and destroys the fabric of society. Name me a place where this so called diversity is so wonderful? You can not. The places that have the most happy people are where they are homologous. Japan is one. They have a very strict immigration policy and they are among the happiest and content. This multicultural BS is down the same rabbit hole as political correctness.
I feel that it is the opposite. Civil rights was about inclusion and equality. The current trend leans more towards separation and exclusion....The pendulum has swung to the opposite extreme.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:37 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Only if you hear "Bless your heart" .

Quote:
Someone left this on my reputation:

Quote:
Perhaps being forced to do business with customers that you don't want to do business with? Just one tiny example of forced diversity.
If this is "forced diversity" is integration of schools also an example of this idea?
Hey, maybe that member shoulda added a 'Bless your heart' to the vitriol?

Also noting the person doesn't need to 'out' him or herself anonymously anymore. It's all cool now. Let it all hang out, hate - heritage whatever.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No we are not multi-cultural per se. We have an identifying culture and language with minority ones living among us.
What is the identifying culture?

We do not have a national language.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:41 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Yes. Its like when people post articles about the rising minority population and how whites may some day be a minority. The people posting these articles are obviously not happy about this turn of events. And I have to ask why. I know why and so do these posters - they don't want to be treated the way these minorities have been treated by whites.
Well. 'Bless their tiny hearts'.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:55 AM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
We already do that. We incarcerate a higher % of our population than any other "developed" nation.
That's not enough. America is a nation of laws. I will never understand why our government under both parties allowed so many illegal immigrants to come and stay in this country. They broke the law when they did it. All illegal immigrants either need to leave or be deported. I would 100% support any President who did this.

Honestly though, I don't think even Trump has the guts to do it.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:12 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That's not enough. America is a nation of laws. I will never understand why our government under both parties allowed so many illegal immigrants to come and stay in this country. They broke the law when they did it. All illegal immigrants either need to leave or be deported. I would 100% support any President who did this.

Honestly though, I don't think even Trump has the guts to do it.
The people you don't care for... many of them came here and worked for some of the same american's that you support.. they did not come here and just do nothing, they were the house keepers, the pickers, the planters, the construction workers, the eatery workers and any other jobs that American did not want to give to poor whites or to minorities, they gave it to the Illegal immigrants, they attracted them here by the long tradition of using them as cheap labor. If you want to blame anyone blame American people.

For decades, people bragged about their Mexican or Latin American house keeper, their handi man and contractors could not wait to get up early and rush out to pick up van loads for their projects.

The electric company this very day, has set up to cater to Mexicans, who are either on green card or brought in as contract labor, to go along the electric lines and trim the trees back.

American people could be doing these jobs, but the Electric company knows it has to pay a living wage and it has to cover them under Workers Comp if they get hurt. If they can hire Illegal, or people new to the green card program or migrant contract workers, they can by pass all of this. And the American People support it. It's not like the people are blind and don't see who is cutting these trees and climbing to the top to trim the limbs... American's don't care.... they just want the trees trimmed and the electric company don't care because they want the job done as cheap as they can get it ..... when these people get hurt, they dump them, hire another and have not a second thought about it, and line them up to be deported if they can. American has not changed it still has systems structure to abuse people and then whine and complain about the people it has abused. heck, they did it to black people for centuries and still do it, when they can no longer use them for free or next to nothing, they want to denigrate them by any and every means possible and then shun them in civic and social matters.

Next time you go to some fancy eatery, ask them to give you a tour through the kitchen and dish-washing areas? Guaranteed they will find an excuse why that can't be done. This is true of many business, that has a passion for using people, including the corporations that move around to the other side of the world, still chasing slave labor and boasting about their profits from doing so, and they boast right in front of the people they have devastated, but still expect these people to buy their products. If american stop buying stuff from american companies that produce it in foreign lands, then those companies will have to change or they will simply ship and market their stuff in other countries where people are unsuspecting of the methodology of their programs. American, European, Dutch and Other Nation with Majority Anglo, have been doing this for Centuries, all for greed, and here 2000 yrs later, they are still crying broke and desperate and still chasing Avarice by every means of greed they can... It's basically insane, all it does it make hardships spread where there should be prospering societies.... Greed is the biggest issue that feed the havoc and then greed chaser can't get along with anyone, because they want to "hoard and claim everything", as if they think they are entitled. Time will keep showing them they are living a delusion and that delusion makes hell every place they promote it.

The average Illegal Immigrant comes to find work, they don't come to steal or create crime, they just want to work and send money home to their family... and many after a while simply build a life here...

If anything, Deal with the people whom are already here, help them get legit, the gang and crime members send them back... or lock them up. But the decent working people.. Help them... the same as we are so eager to help the Chinese, the Russian, or any other people who come from a nation where peoples skin is not black or brown.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 06-27-2017 at 07:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies