Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2017, 10:29 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
You are barking in the wrong direction.... go ask the people all across the Southwest, and the West Coast and the Floridian areas and the Las Vegas Housing boom and various other place.... "who built all those homes"..... It was Mexican, and they were HIRED by these LARGE SCALE Construction Companies and American sit on their butts and said absolutely nothing, if they thought they could get a house for a few $1000 less, that it may have cost if American labor had been hired to build it.

As a matter of fact, I've watched a building renovation for the past 4 yrs, and they still have much work to do, and most of their contractors are whites... I know for sure from seeing past experiences if those had been Mexican workers, that building would have been completed 2.5 or 3 yrs ago. There is a reason not just about money that the people hired Mexicans, they did it because the Mexican would get the work done and move on to take on another projects.

Nothing is every as ONE DIMENSIONAL as people try and make it, but generally with white people, they refuse to blame the wealthy holders for anything. It's just how they have been groomed over the centuries, and still today, they don't blame the same wealthy who shipped away the jobs, they don't blame the same wealth who used Juni Bonds to fleece, bleed and destroy companies and displace millions of American workers, and they don't blame the University groomed white people for pushing to bust Unions, because they were told their 4 year classroom and party session was suppose to give them higher pay than anyone else, even when people were covered under Union Agreement. They detested seeing a union shop hire someone, under union agreement and the class and craft pay was higher than that of the fresh out of school degree rider, who had absolutely no experience doing anything beyond sitting in lecture classes. some of them never even had a summer jobs over all their years.

people only want to look at one piece of something, when there are more strings attached to these things that many want to acknowledge. Other than the money sent back to mexico, these people actually spend a lot of money in the American economy. The displaced American worker was not the fault of the Illegal, it was the fault of the people who hired them, the companies that sought them out, and the wealthy who chased them down as if they had a daily bounty hunters out looking for illegal immigrant labor.

I doubt any Illegal has ever sat in a board room and plotted the Outsourcing of whole divisions of Companies, or Over- leveraging Companies based on Speculator Driven Stock Ticker, when they knew they did not need to expand and could not meet market shares to repay that debt without selling parts of itself or laying off a mass of people, cutting product quality, then cutting product quantity, and then abandoning any kind of service all together. I doubt that any Illegal ever sat in helping make such types of decisions for American Corporations that self imploded or sold themselves or outsourced any and every aspect of the business they could.

The reason it has not been fixed, is the issue is bigger than the general public acknowledges, because among the wealthy, It's about MONEY... if they were not profiting from it, there would not be an Illegal to get across the border.

If you think border security does not work, try and smuggle some diamonds, as small as that stone it, they'd catch you before you get through the second gate. ...

I think when it comes to money leaving the country, one might want to look at the trade deficits, that were created by wealthy Industrialist, and American Consumers, Not by Mexicans, being here. One might even look at the protection of drug plantations in foreign countries that are well protected by the governance and other entities.

This matter is not as simple as people try and make it. Some of these people talk as if American White People are from some massive Choir Group..... come on.... get real... when it comes to money, this nation has a long history of anything goes and any atrocity is passed off, sanctioned by the courts and the law enforcement, as was done for 100's of years upon and against blacks, and it has not stopped even in this day and age.

So.... it might be better to stop looking for a scape goat, and turn you focus to the wealthy, who were the decision makers that destroyed American Industry to the point we can't even make the shoes we wear, or the socks on our feet, and even now, we import cinder blocks and dry wall.... yet, we look for any scape goat... as long as it does not involve the wealthy white males, who orchestrated the down fall of American's Industrial power, in their slave seeking around the globe and outsourcing to try and take advantage of it.

What part of illegal aliens (mostly Mexicans) flooded the construction industry therefore putting American construction workers out of a job, didn't you get? Americans were already doing those jobs and many other blue-collared jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap, illegals flooded our border. How were Americans a lazy if they were already doing those jobs prior to that? And yes, their greedy employers are just as guilty of breaking the law and our government is also guilty for allowing this to happen.

What do you mean that Americans just sat on their butts? Do you think that law abiding Americans liked having their jobs pulled out from under them? Are you joking? Housing was not cheaper due to illegal alien labor either. The builders just pocketed the profits. I have seen first hand their shoddy workmanship also. The claim that Americans are inferior or slower workers is utter BS! They just make sure that the job is done right and don't allow themselves to be exploited like slave labor as illegals do.

Why the heck are you just referencing white people? I'm white and I hold the greedy employers just as accountable as I do the illegals themselves. Too bad you only hold the employers accountable when no one dragged these illegals over the border to work here. They knew full well what they were doing was unlawful. No one has the right to make a profit by breaking the law either. Outsourcing our jobs needs to be halted also. I suggest you stop stereotyping white people as the only ones guilty of all the above. It borders on racism. There are plenty of non-whites that played a roll in all of this also.

Illegals cost us $113 billion year. Any taxes or contributions to this country they make are a mere pittance of what they actually cost us. I don't need any scapegoats I'm just speaking the truth about all of the guilty parties in this. You apparently feel you need scapegoats though to defend illegal aliens who are just as guilty in all of this as the employers and our government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Again. Your burning need to virtue signal and play the multi-cultural everyman while being just some generic Americn

You're projecting. I never said "I don't care." I said that there IS a discernible American culture. You, someone who lives in it and has never had an outsider perspective, obviously can't see it. You think there is no American culture. Nothing to assimilate into. Nothing "typical" or "average"...but there definitely is. This Americanization affect percolates into how even those who follow their traditional cultures end up practicing.

Wearing hijab is not an American cultural product. The slaves that came from Africa were largely NOT Muslim, as it was the MUSLIMs that were running the supply side of the slave trade in western Africa. Certainly, the slaves didn't bring Muslim traditions with them to the US.

Hijab, burka, etc. are NOT associated with American culture. What you are describing, again, are foreign cultural practices which have been or are present in the USA. You can HAVE an American identity and still wear burka, I guess, but you are not wearing an American fashion. Instead, it's the fashion of 7th century desert cultures. That's a fact. It has NEVER been accepted as mainstream and hopefully, it never will be because it's regressive.

By insisting that America "has no culture" and is instead just a place where other cultures come to exist... while simultaneously stating that Mexican cultural influences are a part of that mixture. But you can't have it both ways, unless you accept the premise that Mexican culture itself is the END PRODUCT of the mixing of several

If you can palpably identify Mexican culture, you can identify American culture. Not every Mexican is the same religion, follows the same holidays, eats the same foods, etc. There are Mexicans of every race with heritage from all around the globe. Yet no serious person would ever say there is no "Mexican culture" and that it is simply a "multicultural" society.

Why can't you seem to grasp the point that the CULTURE ITSELF is the END PRODUCT of the mixing. The things that have already melded together IS THE CULTURE. The ones who don't meld, or balk at Americanization are simply existing IN America, ALONGSIDE mainstream culture. If you live in the ethnic ghetto, send your kids to ethnic schools, etc. you are NOT making an effort to join the rest of us. And I have no obligation to see you as "American" for any other purpose than census and citizenship.

You are otherwise not "my people" and you never will be. Don't like that attitude? Too damn bad. I'll deal with the people from all other backgrounds who manage a way to integrate and contribute and accept and who want to BE American and FEEL American.

Assimilate to our national mores. Our zeitgeist. Our fashion trends. The perspective we have - and are developing - towards rights for LGBT people. Women's rights. Consuming American cultural products. Speaking English. American sports.

You know, American things.

No. Not really, it's not. It's not anymore subjective than what constitutes a "French" film. Or a Colombian fashion trend. Or an Indian food. (India, btw, is also a "multi cultural" place, yet we have no problem identifying INDIAN culture do we?)

By Americans. By people who work in the wedding industry. Why do you insist on recasting traditional ceremonies of other cultures as AMERICAN?

People ARE allowed to have a foreign or non-American wedding service, you know. There is no need for you to try to appropriate that or to pretend that it's typical or part of standard or regular practice for the vaaaaast majority of people in this country to ride an elephant at their wedding reception.

I have a feeling you haven't traveled much. When you do, you will often find around the globe "American themed" bars and restaurants. Often, poorly executed of course or modified for the palettes of the natives. The Americanized version of those foods in your American restaurant, however, IS the American cultural product. And that's the damned point. You think you're eating authentic Asian foods at TGI Fridays?

The fried chicken meal ubiquitous to the south has roots in Scotland and African slave traditions. But the way we eat it now is very uniquely American. You won't find southern style fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc. in Glasgow or Benin.

And no, you didn't come to the conclusion that my definition of American Culture is tightly knit with Anglosaxons based on my response. I dare you to show anything - besides English as a bare minimum - that suggest I think Anglo-saxon culture is American culture?

You write that because that is how you are programmed to think. It's what you've been taught, and it's absurd. You think that anyone who insists there is a tangible American culture is some white bread WASP. Meanwhile you're literally an American born in America, trying to lecture someone from an immigrant family that there is no discernible or unqiue American culture, traditions, or ways of doing things which set it apart from the rest of the world (I.E. CULTURE).

Newsflash: The rest of the world can certainly point out American culture. Many reject it and resist it.

The MELTING POT means that immigrant groups have contributed their unique flavors to the whole soup. But there's still a soup!
You nailed it with this post! I simply cannot rep you enough. Why these people don't get it is beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that they don't want us to have a unique American culture (of which we do) because they want us to be some balkanized country with no heart and no soul of it's own. It pains me to read their anti-American posts.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Our Irish ancestors eventually integrated into the American melting pot.
Our Irish ancestors did not want to turn America into New Ireland.

Most of the Irish didn't come here illegally either. There were plentiful jobs back then also. Not so today. It matters not what the sentiments were back then by some. It has nothing to do with our objection to illegal immigration today.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:00 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
multiculturalism and diversity is causing division. It does not make us stronger it makes us weaker and destroys the fabric of society. Name me a place where this so called diversity is so wonderful? You can not. The places that have the most happy people are where they are homologous. Japan is one. They have a very strict immigration policy and they are among the happiest and content. This multicultural BS is down the same rabbit hole as political correctness.
The point of multiculturalism is not anything beneficial like the "Powers that Be", who are just zionist-Rothschild puppets, are telling you and want you to believe.

The real point is to destroy Western Civilization, create division and chaos so more central authority is needed, and to make the world a place where white people are not allowed their own societies but every other race can keep theirs.

It's basically a luciferian plot by the satanic illuminists, "Them" and the other secret Satanic sects.

It's also Jewish led. And anyone who thinks this is anti-semetism is dishonest. They say it themselves in their own circles and if you research who pushed the hardest for non-white, third world immigration starting in the early 20th century but not accomplished until the 1965 immigration act it was mostly Jews.

Christ didn't call them the "Synagogue of Satan" for nothing.

And St. Paul did not write, "money is the root of all evil" for nothing either.

Follow the money and who controls it and funds this stuff and find your answers.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:06 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Bent? Far from it. I'm not the one pounding out a 2,000 word pointless rambling manifesto worthy of a Ted Kaczynski diatribe. Pro tip - Until you can make a concise point with something resembling brevity your audience is going to be just above nil and your credibility even lower.
Let me concern myself with that,.... I don't need a coach nor a monitor, so save yourself some time. because complaining about what I write, how much and etc.. means nothing.. You stick with your one dimension aspect and I will do what I do... you can always scroll past what you don't want to read.

Geez... people like you are the type that would be a problem that disturbs and disrupts the premise and function of Multiculturalism.. Thank you for the demonstration.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:08 AM

224 posts, read 134,367 times
I'm not projecting. I'm the one saying "I don't care" how people celebrate events or wear clothes because in America you can integrate your cultural norms with other cultures without retribution. You have a very transparent and negative opinion about people who celebrate marriage in a way that doesn't fit into your narrative.

I never said slaves from Africa were majority Muslim. Who ran the supply side of the slave trade has nothing to do with American culture. And certainly yes, slaves did bring Islamic traditions with them. They could not be public about it. But think about it - if I enslaved you and took you to another land, do you automatically adopt the norms of your new setting. Of course not!

You are quick to point out foreign cultural practices but you don't point to domestic ones. Then later in your post you state: The MELTING POT means that immigrant groups have contributed their unique flavors to the whole soup. But there's still a soup!

So by soup are you referring to American culture? Because that's what I'm referring to. I'm very specific in my definition of American culture which is the melting pot you mention. But then you go on to say: Assimilate to our national mores. Our zeitgeist. Our fashion trends. The perspective we have - and are developing - towards rights for LGBT people. Women's rights. Consuming American cultural products. Speaking English. American sports.

You know, American things.

No, I don't know. Tell us what these American things are. Who created them? 2 or 3 examples will suffice for further discussion.

I'm not sure I follow you here. I never said America has no culture. I said America is a mixture of many cultures because of its diverse population. So there's no both ways about it. And yeah, Mexican culture is a fusion of Aztec, Indian, European, with perhaps other cultures mixed in as well. Historically it makes sense right - Cultures are fusions of outside influences due to immigration and conquest.

You say:
If you can palpably identify Mexican culture, you can identify American culture. Not every Mexican is the same religion, follows the same holidays, eats the same foods, etc. There are Mexicans of every race with heritage from all around the globe. Yet no serious person would ever say there is no "Mexican culture" and that it is simply a "multicultural" society.

Mexicans of every race? What does that mean? How many Mexicans are there?

You say:
Why can't you seem to grasp the point that the CULTURE ITSELF is the END PRODUCT of the mixing. The things that have already melded together IS THE CULTURE. The ones who don't meld, or balk at Americanization are simply existing IN America, ALONGSIDE mainstream culture. If you live in the ethnic ghetto, send your kids to ethnic schools, etc. you are NOT making an effort to join the rest of us. And I have no obligation to see you as "American" for any other purpose than census and citizenship.

Okay so here is where we agree before you return to your original position that "outsiders" are not melding into America. Culture is the end product of mixing. That's what I've been saying all along. So therefore, Chinese New Year and elephants at Indian-American weddings are part and parcel of American culture.

Ethnic ghetto? Ethnic schools? You mean like Jewish parents sending their children to Jewish schools? Would you accuse any Jew of not making an effort to "join the rest of us". How about you tell that to your Jewish physician or attorney or banker. Or maybe you're referring to browner "ethnics" like Ethiopian Muslims?

You say:
You are otherwise not "my people" and you never will be. Don't like that attitude? Too damn bad. I'll deal with the people from all other backgrounds who manage a way to integrate and contribute and accept and who want to BE American and FEEL American.

* Be American? Feel American? I could argue that you're less American than me because you weren't born here. But that wouldn't be right would it. So why do you attack people who choose to speak their native tongues and celebrate the traditions of their forefathers?

You say:
No. Not really, it's not. It's not anymore subjective than what constitutes a "French" film. Or a Colombian fashion trend. Or an Indian food. (India, btw, is also a "multi cultural" place, yet we have no problem identifying INDIAN culture do we?)

* Hm. I can actually agree with you there. But you're just making my point that movies, fashion, and food are bound to one cultural. And certainly not bound to American culture which pulls from so many different cultures.

You say:
And no, you didn't come to the conclusion that my definition of American Culture is tightly knit with Anglosaxons based on my response. I dare you to show anything - besides English as a bare minimum - that suggest I think Anglo-saxon culture is American culture?

Where do I start! Mexican races? Ethnic ghettos (where people presumably do not speak English)? Riding elephants at weddings (a blatant dog whistle targeting Indians)? That's just in your recent reply. I don't know how to multi-quote like you do so I can't go backwards and re-quote what you've said. But beside fried chicken which we "uniquely" eat (your words not mine), I'm not finding any diversity in your interpretation of American culture. If I'm wrong, please provide examples.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:10 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
The point of multiculturalism is not anything beneficial like the "Powers that Be", who are just zionist-Rothschild puppets, are telling you and want you to believe.

The real point is to destroy Western Civilization, create division and chaos so more central authority is needed, and to make the world a place where white people are not allowed their own societies but every other race can keep theirs.

It's basically a luciferian plot by the satanic illuminists, "Them" and the other secret Satanic sects.

It's also Jewish led. And anyone who thinks this is anti-semetism is dishonest. They say it themselves in their own circles and if you research who pushed the hardest for non-white, third world immigration starting in the early 20th century but not accomplished until the 1965 immigration act it was mostly Jews.

Christ didn't call them the "Synagogue of Satan" for nothing.

And St. Paul did not write, "money is the root of all evil" for nothing either.

Follow the money and who controls it and funds this stuff and find your answers.
Wow.......

Old 06-27-2017, 11:11 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
You are so adamant, do you know whether your ancestry came here legally? No you don't.... you assume....

I most certainly do. It is YOU who assume...

...that I was born here. And, yes, I did come here legally.

So, what was your argument again?

Old 06-27-2017, 11:16 AM

224 posts, read 134,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What part of illegal aliens (mostly Mexicans) flooded the construction industry therefore putting American construction workers out of a job, didn't you get? Americans were already doing those jobs and many other blue-collared jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap, illegals flooded our border. How were Americans a lazy if they were already doing those jobs prior to that? And yes, their greedy employers are just as guilty of breaking the law and our government is also guilty for allowing this to happen.

What do you mean that Americans just sat on their butts? Do you think that law abiding Americans liked having their jobs pulled out from under them? Are you joking? Housing was not cheaper due to illegal alien labor either. The builders just pocketed the profits. I have seen first hand their shoddy workmanship also. The claim that Americans are inferior or slower workers is utter BS! They just make sure that the job is done right and don't allow themselves to be exploited like slave labor as illegals do.

Why the heck are you just referencing white people? I'm white and I hold the greedy employers just as accountable as I do the illegals themselves. Too bad you only hold the employers accountable when no one dragged these illegals over the border to work here. They knew full well what they were doing was unlawful. No one has the right to make a profit by breaking the law either. Outsourcing our jobs needs to be halted also. I suggest you stop stereotyping white people as the only ones guilty of all the above. It borders on racism. There are plenty of non-whites that played a roll in all of this also.

Illegals cost us $113 billion year. Any taxes or contributions to this country they make are a mere pittance of what they actually cost us. I don't need any scapegoats I'm just speaking the truth about all of the guilty parties in this. You apparently feel you need scapegoats though to defend illegal aliens who are just as guilty in all of this as the employers and our government.
Illegals? What a patriot! Undocumented workers costs us $113 billion a year. So it's their fault that companies would rather hire them than you? Get serious man! Companies will pay an undocumented worker any day over an American?
Why? Leverage! They can pay them less! They won't complain! And if there's anything that's stamped in American culture it is slavery. And to pay a man a fraction of what you would pay someone else is modern-day slavery. So why would any smart businessman pay you when they can get the work done for less.

Blame the greedy corporations. Not the undocumented workers. But don't worry. Once automation and robots kick in to high gear, you can calculate how much the computers will cost "us"!

Old 06-27-2017, 11:20 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes. I stated my view very early on and IMO people are people, period (this includes those we are killing with zero justification around the world) but I support enforcing our borders.

I believe we need to make the process to come here less cumbersome and there is NO WAY to get everyone here illegally now to leave BUT I am also tired of the two tiered justice system. The government (of both parties) looked the other way because they had something to gain. Cheap labor. If millions of Chinese came here the same thing would happen.

So they ignored the laws that benefitted them while busting people for smoking a little pot.

The border laws need enforced. People should be able come here legally. When they are legal though they can't be exploited.

Done correctly the vast majority are still going to be Hispanic. The difference will be they will no longer be forced to accept sub minimum wage.
That's workable, and the point you said of /there is no way to get everyone here illegally now, to leave. (agree'd!!)
So, that coincides what what I've said. Let's figure out how to work with those whom are here already. And at the same time. Make the advances in Border Patrol that are necessary.

Again, I'd defer to an Idea previously presented... A Civic Corp.... this will fill all our needed position to do what needs to be done and to do it the right way, while advancing people into a system of higher function and better skill-sets for independence as functioning and contributing people into the systems of society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies