Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 09:20 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times

Advertisements

http://www.yahoo.com/news/baby-becom...090706538.html

I guess that liberals/democrats are gonna claim this is perfectly normal as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 09:22 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
"British Columbia (BC) has so far refused Doty’s request to have Searyl’s birth certificate issued without a gender marker."

Old 07-04-2017, 09:26 AM

252 posts, read 124,235 times
Its child abuse and child should be removed. I saw a picture of some thing I swear its a female but has facial hair like mustache and goatee etc....just disturbing.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:27 AM

"I'm raising Searyl in such a way that until they have the sense of self and command of vocabulary to tell me who they are, I'm recognizing them as a baby and trying to give them all the love and support to be the most whole person that they can be outside of the restrictions that come with the boy box and the girl box," Doty said.

Doty says the province is refusing to issue Searyl a birth certificate with no gender on it, although last month the province did acquiesce and send out the child's health card with a "U" for gender, presumably for "undetermined" or "unassigned," so they could access medical services."

Right or wrong (I lean to wrong), seems like the Baptist's adult baptism approach versus the Catholic brand them at birth approach.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:30 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

I guess that liberals/democrats are gonna claim this is perfectly normal as well.
guess v.: estimate or suppose (something) without sufficient information to be sure of being correct.

Sounds about right!

Old 07-04-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeplorablePopulist View Post
Its child abuse and child should be removed. I saw a picture of some thing I swear its a female but has facial hair like mustache and goatee etc....just disturbing.
That hairy person is the mother who gave birth - not adoption.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:36 AM

25,776 posts, read 18,840,914 times
At one time, I questioned the idea of "good and evil." I still do question where the category boundaries are. I always question everything. But I no longer question that good and evil exist. This individual is destroying a child. In my opinion, that is a clear case of evil. As an individual, you have a right to "identify" as you wish, sexualize as you wish, dress as you wish, and pretend as you wish. But, you have no right to destroy the life of another. You only have the right to destroy yourself.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:39 AM

Mom is working the system.... and has "transitioned to the social assistance (welfare) stream."

https://koridoty.wordpress.com/2015/...to-be-capable/

"One year ago I left my non-profit job and secured myself a medical leave. I know that my experience of burnout was one of common occurrence in “the helping professions”

I navigated the help streams on the way to the PWD [persons with disability] designation that exists here in BC.
Finding a doctor and having her agree that my list of ailments would make me suitable for benefits was a first big step. Once I had that part figured out, I needed to ride out being on EI (employment insurance) before transitioning to the social assistance (welfare) stream. Being on social assistance is a necessary pre-cursor for being on PWD, and one that often works to discourage people from seeking PWD benefits, because the welfare benefits are extremely meager and nowhere near a living wage....

Much time passed between steps of the awkward dance that is government process. I found that as that time passed, I was internalizing the notion that I was, fundamentally, incapable. I was doing this because, on some level, it allowed me to believe I was deserving of the help I was asking for from the government. ...

Old 07-04-2017, 09:41 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

Nice way to introduce a child to a lifetime of mental therapy.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:45 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
At one time, I questioned the idea of "good and evil." I still do question where the category boundaries are. I always question everything. But I no longer question that good and evil exist. This individual is destroying a child. In my opinion, that is a clear case of evil. As an individual, you have a right to "identify" as you wish, sexualize as you wish, dress as you wish, and pretend as you wish. But, you have no right to destroy the life of another. You only have the right to destroy yourself.
The mom isn't destroying the child. The baby will know which gender he/she is. Gender identity is innate. I believe it is stupid and wrong not to assign the baby a gender, but it's far from destroying the baby. I can think of far worse ways, like bringing a child up in a fundamentalist religious household, in which the kid is required to thank an invisible deity before eating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies