Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 01:59 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I'm not controlling any narrative. Good lord...

NPR is not a "leftwing outfit that is subsidized by taxpayer money". It's obvious you didn't actually read my post. Nor do I believe you actually listen to NPR.
Ok, you don't get to decide that for conservatives. Obviously conservatives think it is liberal.

People thought it was anti-Trump because liberals are constantly saying he is a tyrant and he stole the election from their horrible candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I'm not controlling any narrative. Good lord...

NPR is not a "leftwing outfit that is subsidized by taxpayer money". It's obvious you didn't actually read my post. Nor do I believe you actually listen to NPR.
Dude, don't be so coy. It's not a hard core liberal news outlet. I get it. I actually listen to some NPR like This American Life with Ira Glass, but some of the editorial and opinions I've heard and some of the content they produce online leans left. It's not anywhere near the bias of MSNBC but it does lean left rather than right.

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Americans who claim to be informed patriots don't recognize the Declaration of Independence and I'm the obtuse dolt? Mmmk.
Plus, I'm thinking that if the founders of our nation warned us to be on the look out for tyrants, perhaps we should pay attention.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:01 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Ok, you don't get to decide that for conservatives. Obviously conservatives think it is liberal.
They are welcome to think whatever they want (it is their right, and I fully support it). That doesn't make it true, however.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:02 PM

SImply because a liberal denies it, doesn't make it true.

I don't believe they tweeted out quotes from the DOI in July 2009 , Obama's first year, about tyrants. If you can demonstrate that they did, people will change their minds on it.

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Dude, don't be so coy. It's not a hard core liberal news outlet. I get it. I actually listen to some NPR like This American Life with Ira Glass, but some of the editorial and opinions I've heard and some of the content they produce online leans left. It's not anywhere near the bias of MSNBC but it does lean left rather than right.
They seem to lean towards sanity.

Often that means leaning away from whatever the right is trying to pitch. This is, naturally, perceived by the right as left-leaning, when it may actually be just standing up straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Plus, I'm thinking that if the founders of our nation warned us to be on the look out for tyrants, perhaps we should pay attention.
Yeah we'll look out for one that hasn't been elected. Not insinuate crap that the one in office, elected by the people is already one. Especially before his first 100 days like the media was doing day in and day out.

SIT DOWN, BE HUMBLE. - Kendrick Lamar.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
They seem to lean towards sanity.

Often that means leaning away from whatever the right is trying to pitch. This is, naturally, perceived by the right as left-leaning, when it may actually be just standing up straight.
Not really, they can be pretty partisan at times. I am not saying that everything they do is left wing just that I would consider them to lean liberal rather than right at most times.

I mean you're basically assuming that everything leaning right is leaning further away from sanity.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:04 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Do you deny NPR is leftwing and that leftwingers are frequently accusing Trump of being a tyrant and even celebrate a version of Julius Caesar in which Trump is Caesar (a tyrant) and is murdered?
Oh that Caesar thing again. You are aware that a 2013 production of Caesar used Obama, are you not? You are aware that costuming Caesar as a current leader is practically as old as the play itself, are you not? And most importantly, you are aware that the whole point of the play is that the assassination doesn't solve a thing but ruins the lives of the assassins?

Quote:
I"m not saying the DOI is a anti-Trump screed. I think that you understand this.
No I don't. From here you look way over-sensitive.

This is exactly what you said - "Everybody understands NPR is a leftwing outfit and those tweets were anti-Trump."

Those tweets were the DoI, and you said they were anti-trump. It's simple logic - if A=C and B=C, then A=B.

Walk it back or own it, but stop trying to duck it.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:05 PM

NPR is as leftwing as CNN and MSNBC. Talking in monotone voices doesn't mean they aren't liberal partisans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies