Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 01:48 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Everybody understands NPR is a leftwing outfit and those tweets were anti-Trump. Liberals call Trump a tyrant every day.
The DoI is an anti-Trump screed?

Well - OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 01:51 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The DoI is an anti-Trump screed?

Well - OK.
Do you deny NPR is leftwing and that leftwingers are frequently accusing Trump of being a tyrant and even celebrate a version of Julius Caesar in which Trump is Caesar (a tyrant) and is murdered?

I"m not saying the DOI is a anti-Trump screed. I think that you understand this.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:52 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Liberals don't get to interpret things for conservatives. You don't get to control the debate.

Nobody is jumping to conclusions. NPR is a leftwing outfit that is subsidized by taxpayer money and they hate GOP because it has called for defunding it. You are a liberal partisan so the idea that we must defer to you on this doesn't make any sense.

There is no way for anybody to know for sure why they are tweeting this out but it isn't difficult to believe a leftwing outfit wants to suggest Trump is a tyrant, because leftwingers are saying exactly that all the time.
Actually, there is a way to know why they did it. THEY'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR NEARLY 30 YEARS, IT'S THEIR TRADITION.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:52 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
So NPR fired off the D of I in tweet-form?

It's 1,458 words. 140 characters per tweet...11 tweets in rapid succession?

Do I have this right?

Old 07-05-2017, 01:53 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Actually, there is a way to know why they did it. THEY'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR NEARLY 30 YEARS, IT'S THEIR TRADITION.
Ok, so can you find on NPR's twitter the same quotes about tyrants from the DOI on twitter during the Obama years on July 4th?

Old 07-05-2017, 01:53 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
To your first point, I'll just post this response from earlier in the thread:

To your second point: the fact that some people jumped to the conclusion that NPR was doing something purposeful or with an agenda says more about them than it does about NPR (which was just doing something they have been doing for ~3 decades on July 4th). It's rather revealing, though, that you find a simple cut and paste of the DOI to be anti-Trump...
Yes, it's rather revealing that they'd jump to the conclusion that the media hates Trump and wants to paint him as an unelected tyrant in need of resistance. Where or how could've they possibly gotten that idea? Hmm...possibly from the bias media themselves?

Yes, these people were knee jerk, yes they assumed wrong, but this painting of this hilarious incident of it being about cons not recognizing the DOI seems like spin to explain away the hyper partisan media atmosphere that's been created.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Do you deny NPR is leftwing and that leftwingers are frequently accusing Trump of being a tyrant and even celebrate a version of Julius Caesar in which Trump is Caesar (a tyrant) and is murdered?

I"m not saying the DOI is a anti-Trump screed. I think that you understand this.
They do understand this. They just love being so f-ing obtuse. It's annoying.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:57 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:

A) You don't listen to NPR.
B) The fact that trump supporters saw "tyrant" and immediately thought about Trump is beyond telling.
C) The fact that they didn't recognize the texts as the Declaration of Independence, on freaking July 4th is both telling and sad.
D) Caesar is not the villain in Shakespeare's play. And where was your outrage at nearly every President and world leader ever since that play was written being projected into that role?

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Liberals don't get to interpret things for conservatives. You don't get to control the debate.

Nobody is jumping to conclusions. NPR is a leftwing outfit that is subsidized by taxpayer money and they hate GOP because it has called for defunding it. You are a liberal partisan so the idea that we must defer to you on this doesn't make any sense.

There is no way for anybody to know for sure why they are tweeting this out but it isn't difficult to believe a leftwing outfit wants to suggest Trump is a tyrant, because leftwingers are saying exactly that all the time.
I'm not controlling any narrative. Good lord...

NPR is not a "leftwing outfit that is subsidized by taxpayer money". It's obvious you didn't actually read my post. Nor do I believe you actually listen to NPR.

And, again, if you (or anyone else) interpret the literal reading/writing of the DOI as "anti-Trump" than that says a lot more about you (or those people) than it does anything about NPR. Think about that for a moment...

Quote:
Ok, so can you find on NPR's twitter the same quotes about tyrants from the DOI on twitter during the Obama years on July 4th?
That would be something good to look up. And even if there was such a tweet from last year, this knee jerk reaction by some is due to the political atmosphere created by the media to paint Trump as a tyrant. Maybe people didn't know NPR quotes the DOI every year? Should they? I didn't, and I highly doubt everyone in here did too.

I mean this is getting so ridiculous and the libs are doubling down on how obtuse they're getting about stuff like this. They need this stuff to console their egos and fears about living in Trump's America or something mental/emotional like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies