Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 02:51 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times

Advertisements

Let's say Rush Limbaugh gets on twitter for first time in the summer of 2009 to start tweeting DOI quotes about tyrants.

So so no liberals would have speculated he is doing this to suggest Obama is a tyrant, despite Rush being anti-Obama and anti-liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 02:51 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The cult doth protest too much, methinks .
The troll doth posteth too much, me thinks.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:52 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Middle of the road isn't subjective, so it doesn't matter if you're conservative or liberal. Whenever I listen to NPR, they're interviewing Republican politicians and activists just as much as Democrat/liberal, if not moreso.
It is subjective. Who defines middle of the road.

The Republicans that are invited on NPR are generally not well liked by conservatives, like David Frum, David Brooks. Guys that sound like liberals most of the time.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Middle of the road isn't subjective, so it doesn't matter if you're conservative or liberal. Whenever I listen to NPR, they're interviewing Republican politicians and activists just as much as Democrat/liberal, if not moreso.
I have to agree that NPR is probably center-left. It's certainly not right leaning at all, which you could say with a straight face, but you can't say with a straight face that it does tend to lean left, even if sometimes.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
It is subjective. Who defines middle of the road.

The Republicans they talk are generally not well liked by conservatives, like David Frum, David Brooks. Guys that sound like liberals most of the time.
Now these liberals kiss up to George Bush too who a decade ago were ready to send to the Hague for war crimes! Now they're wishing he was back in office and whatnot.

Jeez, goldfish have better memories than these liberals. They're always trying to point to certain Republicans that have some moderate beliefs to them as the ones we should be listening too. They can't just accept that other people DISAGREE with them, and disagree with them vehemently. They want us to vote for the GOP they hand select.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:56 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I have to agree that NPR is probably center-left. It's certainly not right leaning at all, which you could say with a straight face, but you can't say with a straight face that it does tend to lean left, even if sometimes.
Perhaps, but either way when the story is about, say, the health care bill in Congress, they interview a Republican member who is working on the bill, and not in the argumentative way you get from the TV networks. I guess I'm wondering if NPR isn't a neutral major news source, who is?

Old 07-05-2017, 02:57 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
BS. I'm a Trump supporter and NPR can tweet the DoI all day long.

No one really cares or will read their tweets.
I voted for him and could care less what NPR did yesterday.
It's kind of sad that people can't pull themselves away from being stupid over stuff for 1 day to celebrate our country's birthday and it's freedom and liberties. We just enjoyed spending the day together as a family with friends.

I also just pulled it up on twitter and when you put in one tweet "When in the Course of human events," in the next put "it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another," "and to assume along the powers of earth," it's kind of not very well thought out on their part. Some were complaining about their notifications going nuts, that our educational system is lacking because people don't realize what is and is not the DOI (which having school aged children myself they don't get taught this stuff much because it's all about reading, math and maybe a bit of science). Even someone accused NPR that they were racist haha.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:02 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
All one has to do is read through this thread to understand that those who are protesting the loudest and the most are the ones who got fooled into thinking NPR was making a statement about Trump and not merely tweeting the DoI. They went immediately to Donald Trump when they heard the word tyrant. With good reason, of course. Watching them vehemently protesting otherwise is hilarious.

I thank the two of you who have been the most prolific in this thread. I have laughed through every page. You guys are a hoot. And you fool no one.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:07 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
All one has to do is read through this thread to understand that those who are protesting the loudest and the most are the ones who got fooled into thinking NPR was making a statement about Trump and not merely tweeting the DoI. They went immediately to Donald Trump when they heard the word tyrant. With good reason, of course. Watching them vehemently protesting otherwise is hilarious.

I thank the two of you who have been the most prolific in this thread. I have laughed through every page. You guys are a hoot. And you fool no one.
I think it highlights their internal conflict.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:

I would like to thank you too Jams for proving how obtuse liberals can be with understanding the reasons for why this probably happened. Instead you bitterly cling to the same narrative as though you desperately need this hilarious event to console your ego when living in Trump's America. Keep on resisting though, buddy. I know you need this so I will let you have it so you can continue to live in the bubble you refuse to pop. But someday I invite to come out of it and live in reality with the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies