Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 12:45 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiP View Post
Are you trying to claim that NPR has been behaving in an "incendiary manner" for 29 years, and this is the first that anyone has noticed it?
This is the first time we've had an occupant in the White House that resembled that "prince." And even the Trump supporters recognized the resemblance, which is what got them all upset. And the fact that all those oh-so-patriotic cultists have obviously never read the document in their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 12:46 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

I guess it's fair to say that those who reacted negatively to the Twitter version had not previously listened to the aural version over the past almost three decades.

Or read it at any point in their lives.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:48 PM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiP View Post
Are you trying to claim that NPR has been behaving in an "incendiary manner" for 29 years, and this is the first that anyone has noticed it?
Shows JUST how sneaky those liberals are!!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2017, 12:50 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How can tweeting the Declaration of Independence be seen as being used in an incendiary manner? Seriously? LOL LOL LOL
No I said that it could be taken as incendiary by some people because they think either A.) NPR is purposefully quoting the Dec of Ind in order to insinuate that Trump is a tyrant OR B.) people don't know it's the Dec of Ind and just assume NPR is spouting off resistance stuff. Either way it's because of the climate of hyper partisanship and the media creating a riff.

How hard was it to get? That's why I wonder if some of you liberals are being obtuse?

Old 07-05-2017, 12:53 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
No I said that it could be taken as incendiary by some people because they think either A.) NPR is purposefully quoting the Dec of Ind in order to insinuate that Trump is a tyrant OR B.) people don't know it's the Dec of Ind and just assume NPR is spouting off resistance stuff. Either way it's because of the climate of hyper partisanship and the media creating a riff.

How hard was it to get? That's why I wonder if some of you liberals are being obtuse?
Looks like you're the one being obtuse, not the liberals.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:53 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Don't you find it interesting that the Trump supporters immediately jumped to the conclusion that they were talking about Trump, even though no one ever did so with other presidents in the previous 29 years of NPR doing this? If that doesn't give you pause to stop and reflect for a moment, you are being disingenuous in your criticism here. It seemes even his supporters, deep down, know what the president is.
God you people are beyond help. They jumped to that conclusion because of the hyper partisan atmosphere and the media referring to Trump as a tyrant. They thought NPR was either spouting resistance rhetoric if the twitter users didn't know it was the Dec of Ind OR people thought they were quoting the Dec of Ind on purpose to paint Trump to be the tyrant that needs resistance

Old 07-05-2017, 12:58 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
God you people are beyond help. They jumped to that conclusion because of the hyper partisan atmosphere and the media referring to Trump as a tyrant. They thought NPR was either spouting resistance rhetoric if the twitter users didn't know it was the Dec of Ind OR people thought they were quoting the Dec of Ind on purpose to paint Trump to be the tyrant that needs resistance
The blame lies with ignorant knee jerk cons, no one else. Period.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:58 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Yes, I don't think people are disagreeing with you on what happened and why people reacted this way. The disagreement is that NPR did this purposefully or with an agenda (i.e. "they knew what they were doing!"). Especially when this is not the first time they have done this on July 4th (29 years of this practice).

Should NPR have not chosen to put this on Twitter? Debatable, given its snippet nature. But I don't see how it is their fault that people are jumping to conclusions based on the small pieces of the DOI being tweeted out one-by-one. If anything, I believe they should be celebrated for highlighting one of the most important documents of our nation's history...

It's very likely NPR thought they were doing something rather uncontroversial (considering their history of this practice) and didn't anticipate this reaction. If I were in their shoes, I probably wouldn't necesarilly predict this reaction, either. Then again, I generally give people the benefit of the doubt.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:02 PM

119 posts, read 63,201 times
I am an independent and try my best to avoid all the arguments between sides. But this was really funny. I by no means think ALL Trump supporters thought this. I have liberal friends, conservative friends as well as friends who hate all politics and do not vote period.

But NPR HAS been doing this every year and..I would say this for both sides..instead of reacting, the Twitter people (the ones who got angry) should maybe have done a little investigating because it IS funny and makes them look rather foolish. Also NPR is not the type of station that would ever call for resistance. Anyone who is into politics would know that. They are straight matter of fact news.

I also think being on Twitter had something to do with it. I often read the political posts here and while people get angry, they are NOTHING like the viciousness spewed on Twitter which is why I will never join Twitter. But I do on occasion read posts on Twitterfrom News networks (Both liberal and conservative) and there are always people launching verbal personal attacks and spewing hate. This was extremely funny though (not laughing at Trump voters..just the ones on Twitter who went nuts). I have had a most lousy week so I enjoy being able to laugh over something silly.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:18 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This is the first time we've had an occupant in the White House that resembled that "prince." And even the Trump supporters recognized the resemblance, which is what got them all upset. And the fact that all those oh-so-patriotic cultists have obviously never read the document in their lives.

The only thing the extreme right cultist's know about the Constitution is their 2nd Amendment Rights since NRA has preached fears ( many decades) of guns are going to be taken away.. yet No One has even attempted to do that like forever! Then of Course the 1st Amendment to say whatever they want.. and Fox News was forced to go to court to have the Right to spread False and alternate news ( defence/THEY ARE an Entertainment Venue).. followed by Breitbart, Infowars , Blowhards like Rushbo spewing his hatred towards anyone he deems unworthy!

But when the actual words of the Constitution are being repeated.. To these cultist's It's somehow a leftist call to war???? Sometime's .. NO I think I know now, that talking to these one's, trying to discuss or debating is a LOST CAUSE!! I give up. Name calling does nothing but created ire .. Not worth the effort trying to discuss with this small portion of the Right!! I'm wondering if many of them aren't actual trolls, who have NO clue what the Constitution says, means or demands of lawmakers and it's citizens??????

Quote:
NO.. They jumped to that conclusion because THEY likely have NO CLUE what the Constitution Says much less means!

Trump is being painted this way because his actions /words ( via Presidential statements via TWEETS) have indicated precisely what Bannon's puppet is trying to do!
Deconstruction of the Administrative State.. Both Bannon and Priebus actually went on TV (CPAC 2017 Convention) to spell that out pretty clearly!!

https://youtu.be/jzqHfPQjEIc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies