Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 09:21 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Must not be a busy Walmart then. Do you know how much revenue it has a year?
Revenue not sure. I have seen many WMs. It does a bit better than average. It built the self checkout area well, lots of room, clear sight lines, machines almost always function well.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:30 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Customer service is the advantage brick and mortar stores have over online. Yet so few seem to take advantage of this.

HAHAHA, customer-service at a brick and mortar, that is hilarious........I would much rather interact with a computer.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:33 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is a reason I hardly ever order online. I need my stuff in my hands IMMEDIATELY. That is the benefit of a brick and mortar store. I can go there, pick up what I need, and then I have it in my hands. I don't want to wait for my stuff to be delivered.
Hey man I'll agree there sometimes.. I remember back in the late 90's when Final Fantasy 8 came out I went to Wal-Mart at 1 in the morning after work.

Old 07-17-2017, 06:57 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Except that you won't get the water filter for a day or two. At least if you go to the store, you'll get it tonight.
It's called Prime Now and it's 1 hour wait and it beats putting my pants on.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:06 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It's called Prime Now and it's 1 hour wait and it beats putting my pants on.
I always find that Prime is too expensive. If you buy a lot in a year then it saves you money but if you only buy a few times a year it may not be worth the cost.
Also I just checked for curiosity and Prime Now is not available in my area.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
You are looking at here and now. Probably happy you could get your iPad or video game a few bucks less.
I'm talking about future implications.Did you ever consider what happens when Amazon, Walmart, Apple and a few others remain the only game in town? Do you think that will favor the customer? Did you ever consider how restricted we become when Walmart purchase manager decides what Americans will buy or wear next year? But wait, that is not limited to America. These corporations are expanding to China, India and Europe.
If you think that is capitalism, your very wrong.
Explain how Amazon serving as a conduit for small business people to sell their wares is a bad thing?

Whether it is something that they themselves have on the shelves of their warehouses or whether they are simply serving as a "one-stop-shop" for other retailers, we as consumers have access to more goods than ever before.

And, contrary to this odd projection of "every restaurant will be Taco Bell," Amazon grows their offerings every single year.
How does this do anything but favor the customer?

Have you ever wanted to buy anything that you couldn't find on Amazon?
Not arguing whether the price is better, just whether or not you can find it.

And something I always wonder about: why don't people put the same onus on eBay?

Old 07-17-2017, 10:19 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I wish Amazon would kill Zero Hedge.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:19 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Evolve or die. Complaining about it will get you absolutely nowhere.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But Sunday night I realize that I want x.....but I have to work Monday and the kid has soccer, Tuesday work, and the other kid has t-ball -- dang -- maybe Wednesday but I need groceries.....ugh...won't get to the department store until Thursday.

Amazon -- it's here Tuesday when i get home.
If you live in an area with Prime Now, you could have it that same day.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:32 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,439 times
I love Amazon. I don't have to go to a store and deal with cashiers who have crappy attitudes. If the stores would bring back customer service, maybe the customers would come back. Lowes has THE worst customer service ever. None of the people in there no what they're doing. It took me over 2 hours just to get a window unit from there. I could have just gone on Amazon and ordered the damn thing in less than 2 minutes. Don't get me started on Walmart. Disgusting customer service, certain products kept in lock boxes and the employees following me from aisle to aisle? Nope. Never setting foot in there again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies