Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 08:54 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,665,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The man has brain cancer.

You may want to wait a day or two before launching the celebration.

Despicable.
They don't even care for their own. Some of these posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 02:07 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,533,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordsRus View Post
You win the Internets for today. That's the entire point of universal healthcare, which everyone in the First World understands except for the U.S.
Medical care in general does not respond to economic mechanisms. Usually a product pricing is controlled by supply and demand. More demand than a supplier can meet and another vendor steps in to provide the goods. Less demand and the existing suppliers are forced to drop prices.
Healthcare does not work that way. The demand will expand to use up all the capability available. If there is only one payer the only limit to how much care will be provided is that payer.
I do not know what would limit the grown of healthcare under a single payer system other than the refusal of that one payer to reimburse certain expenditures. That would result in government limited healthcare, and we've seen recent examples of how that works.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:22 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,340,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
Eventually he'll run out of ideas, and trot out "Siblings Week" and "Disney Sea and Shore Week", just like Wheel of Fortune. I guess that's what we deserve for electing a TV host.
I fully expect Trump at some point to put on a pair of waterskis, build a ramp and jump actual sharks while his cult members clap and cheer him along.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:35 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
It's the fail that keeps on failing. Like a zombie that won't stay dead.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:45 PM

2,953 posts, read 994,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
I mean the GOP bitched and complained about Obama Care since day 1, yet they can't even replace the damn thing after multiple attempts? What the hell were they doing all those years when they were complaining? They couldn't come up with a single viable and palatable plan during that whole time? Now that they've shown utter incompetence when it comes to crafting healthcare law, their option of last resort in order to save face is to simply vote on the repeal of Obama Care and have nothing to replace it. What a catastrophe of epic proportions for the GOP. At total egg on their face. This is the greatest piece entertainment of the year.
Get out much?

Old 07-20-2017, 02:48 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
I think the young people in this country need to organize a Million Millennial March to demand some kind of a health care system.

They are getting screwed out of Social Security, they have been laden with student loan debt..they are expected to fight these BS oil wars in the ME...they need to stand up for themselves. I have 5 Millennial children, I would march with them.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:04 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,340,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think the young people in this country need to organize a Million Millennial March to demand some kind of a health care system.

They are getting screwed out of Social Security, they have been laden with student loan debt..they are expected to fight these BS oil wars in the ME...they need to stand up for themselves. I have 5 Millennial children, I would march with them.
I am utterly bewildered at the number of baby boomer Republicans that are willing to vote for the politicians that promise to screw their own children and grandchildren by taking away Social Security and Medicare. I guess a steady dose of Fox News and hate radio can really mess with your head.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:14 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Constitutional Conservatives are not trained to create big bloated government. So you can understand the blunder they are making of the Replace, that they never planned for.

It was all about repeal and bring government back down from extra bloated. Not anymore and they are clueless how to create huge bloated government knows best.
rubbish bentbow, day after day , week after week you are here making up excuses for Trump and the GOP.

this latest excuse is patently false and silly on the face of it.

Of course GOP know how to deal with massive bloat, one needs only to look at GOP spending on our military to prove you 100% wrong. too easy bentbow, too easy.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:16 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
I am utterly bewildered at the number of baby boomer Republicans that are willing to vote for the politicians that promise to screw their own children and grandchildren by taking away Social Security and Medicare. I guess a steady dose of Fox News and hate radio can really mess with your head.
I personally do not know anyone who WANTS that to happen. I just keep hearing it will happen. My opinion is you cut off money to the military until you fund SS and a health care system.

Seems simple enough to me.

I think I can be a Republican and a Conservative and see the logic of people having an income they can count on in their later years and a health care system to keep them productive.

I'm sorry there are so few of us who feel that way.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:19 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I personally do not know anyone who WANTS that to happen. I just keep hearing it will happen. My opinion is you cut off money to the military until you fund SS and a health care system.

Seems simple enough to me.

I think I can be a Republican and a Conservative and see the logic of people having an income they can count on in their later years and a health care system to keep them productive.

I'm sorry there are so few of us who feel that way.
I'm not sure what you call a person who believes the way you do, but it's certainly not in line with the modern Republican party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies