Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 03:10 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
So we need a wall around California, because it doesn't reconcile with what Mr. Trump says?

Wow. Let's just trash the 14th Amendment. From section 1:

So Californians are United States citizens, and Californian citizens besides. Under the Constitution, Californians are Americans, and afforded all the rights in the US Constitution--including voting for their President, Senators, and Representatives.

If I understand you correctly, OP, you're saying, "Californians don't vote the way we Trump supporters would like, so we will strip them of their vote." No. In America, all Americans of legal age get the vote. The Constitution says so.

You don't like what Californians say? Okay, go to California, and convince them otherwise. You have that right, under the First Amendment.

I would hope that many Americans realize what their constitutional rights actually are, and start exercising their First Amendment rights as regards free speech. Folks, neither the US Government, nor a state government, can shut you down. Speak up!
Chevy Spoons, I highly doubt the OP is serious....and I think, on some level, you know that. I think the OP is just being intentionally provocative and poking fun at California because, overall, he sees the state as leaning much too far to the left politically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 08:08 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If Trump supporters want a wall then his supporters should pay for it. Your ok with that right?
I'm fine with that just as long as you anti-wall people will pick up the tab for the $113 billion a year that illegals cost us. We'll gladly pick up the one time expense of a $25 billion for a wall. Do we have a deal?

Old 07-23-2017, 08:10 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Then you pay for a wall, which won't do anything. How about we put this money into jobs. If people want to come here they will, wall or not.

The wall won't do anything?

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/ar...ll0331-ON.html

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Old 07-23-2017, 08:16 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
What is this thread???
Idiot Trump worshippers thinking anyone cares about their backwards cesspool Red States.

California is the 6th largest economy on the planet. Red States are worthless.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:42 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
I welcome California refugees to Arizona. Come on over, and get a taste of freedom!
You'll love it!
That shoebox you live in and can't afford will now become a 4 bedroom house you can easily afford.
Mello roos = Mello who?

What's under that bridge? A homeless colony? No silly, you're in Arizona now, that's just a construction crew.

Wow, you'll say, I traveled across town in 30 min's. Yep!

Is that an earthquake? Nope

You'll say new things like "I got a new car" or "I put a pool in my big backyard"

All of these things will easily convince you at the voting booth. I doubt after a year here you'll feel like turning Arizona into California. Trust me. You'll think more than twice.

Come on over and increase your standard of living.
Why a lot of people are moving out of California - Nov. 4, 2016

Middle class families make around 70,000 a year in CA and AZ. Do the math. You'll live like a spoiled brat on 70 tho in AZ. You'll barely live in CA on that.

Come on over and taste the red state, you'll be converted in no time. You'll get scared at the thought of a democrat winning, you'll remember where you came from. lol "Oh gosh NO!!"
"Don't vote Dem!!" you'll tell your wife or husband. "Don't you remember CA?" ha ha

Come on over, I ain't scared!

Old 07-23-2017, 08:43 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Many Trump supporters have already walled off California in a figurative sense. They continually disregard and omit the millions of votes cast there in the last presidential election as if they somehow didn't count as votes in other states.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:46 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Idiot Trump worshippers thinking anyone cares about their backwards cesspool Red States.

California is the 6th largest economy on the planet. Red States are worthless.
Over 33,000 California refugees came to Arizona this year, and from what I have been hearing they were fleeing the cesspool, not coming to it.

If I have to hear how happy they are to be out of an apartment and into a large home one more time........lol

Old 07-23-2017, 08:49 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Then you pay for a wall, which won't do anything. How about we put this money into jobs. If people want to come here they will, wall or not.
Not true. Poland and Japan have no illegal problems as they just don't let them in.

And yes, I'll pay higher taxes to help pay towards the wall. So before you jump all over me, notice I said "Illegals".

Old 07-23-2017, 08:49 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Haven't you read The Grapes of Wrath? California in effect had a wall around the state in the 1930's to keep the Okies out.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:56 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Donald Trump couldn't find California on a map. How do you expect him to get rid of it?
That's ok.

Hillary couldn't find Michigan or Wisconsin or most of Pennsylvania (the parts not in Philly or Pittsburgh) on a map either while she was campaigning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies