Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 03:36 PM

3,703 posts, read 4,855,219 times

Advertisements

Think that this latest is that the tipping point has been reached? Me personally, never liked the game. Just a bunch of overpaid pieces of crap who think they are something special running around chasing a damn ball and grabbing each others asses. Their mommas must be so proud. And yeas, to me part of it is because I don't want to support wife beaters, murderers, thugs, theives nor anyone who has no morals and can't follow the law because they think they are so special for being able to run with a stupid ball. Probably got that way from running away from the cops with a bag of cash stolen from the local convenience store. No wonder they hate the cops so much!

And to disrespect our country on foreign land? What stupid pieces of garbage.
\
Maybe for now on, I can actually go out to a bar during the fall/winter and enjoy an order hotwings without a bar full of people hootin and hollering over some ******* running a ball on TV.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:37 PM

882 posts, read 689,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I believe the studies showed comparing to the rest of the general population the crimes were at or below the same level.

Wade found that NFL players are actually are actually far less likely to engage in such criminal behavior than the national average for men of the same age. Moreover, while the number of NFL player criminal acts rose from 2004 through 2008, it has steadily fallen since (despite a slight increase in 2013). In fact, the 2014 season has (by far) the fewest numbers of player arrests, citations or criminal charges since the study began. Of those charges that did occur (2000-2014), DUIs are the most common problem.

Are NFL Players Really More Likely to Be Criminals? | HuffPost
Not what I asked. And I an fully aware of what this is about, so no need to repeat that either. Does anyone have an answer that specifically addresses my question?

Old 09-26-2017, 03:37 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Here we go:

CHARDON, Ohio -- The Geauga County Sheriff on Tuesday barred any of his deputies from working off-duty security at future Cleveland Browns games because of their protest during the national anthem.

Sheriff Scott A. Hildenbrand in a memo to his employees posted on Facebook said the Browns protest, which came in response to President Donald Trump's statements that NFL players who kneel during the national anthem should be fired, was "disrespectful" to veterans and police officers alike.

I'm concerned when the main act stands in front of the crowd, before the game even starts, and commits a blatant disrespectful act towards our flag, our Country, our Veterans and our first responders," Hildenbrand's memo said. "If they do not have respect for us and our Country only bad things will come of that. We will not be a part of these activities."

More here:

Geauga sheriff prohibits deputies from working Browns games over protest during anthem | cleveland.com

Old 09-26-2017, 03:40 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
"Party of Personal Responsibility"

I'm seeing people on social media counter-protesting the "disrespectful" kneeling by showing off their flag t-shirts, bikinis, bandanas, etc.

I mean, wow, you can't make this up. Biggest hypocrites ever.
Is it the iconography of the flag on clothing that is the problem or when the flag is used itself for other use?

Old 09-26-2017, 03:45 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Here we go:

CHARDON, Ohio -- The Geauga County Sheriff on Tuesday barred any of his deputies from working off-duty security at future Cleveland Browns games because of their protest during the national anthem.

Sheriff Scott A. Hildenbrand in a memo to his employees posted on Facebook said the Browns protest, which came in response to President Donald Trump's statements that NFL players who kneel during the national anthem should be fired, was "disrespectful" to veterans and police officers alike.

I'm concerned when the main act stands in front of the crowd, before the game even starts, and commits a blatant disrespectful act towards our flag, our Country, our Veterans and our first responders," Hildenbrand's memo said. "If they do not have respect for us and our Country only bad things will come of that. We will not be a part of these activities."

More here:

Geauga sheriff prohibits deputies from working Browns games over protest during anthem | cleveland.com

This sets a terrible precedent.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Is it the iconography of the flag on clothing that is the problem or when the flag is used itself for other use?
Respect the flag.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:47 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
The anti-Christian bigots at A&E, including both the executives there and their supporters everywhere, tried to ram it down everyone's throats by trying to force the lead star of Duck Dynasty to recant his religious beliefs. A&E eventually stood down because of, well, money.

Now we have this episode where the Democrat left is trying to mainstream the idea that American patriotism, our flag and our national anthem are fair game to be despised and disrespected during the playing of the national anthem during football games. They are trying to ram their politics down everyone's throats, yet again.

Who thinks this will end differently than the Duck Dynasty episode, or will the NFL stand down and get this under control? Because of money, that is.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:48 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Here we go:

More here:

This example needs to be followed by every police department in every city in American that has an NFL football team.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This example needs to be followed by every police department in every city in American that has an NFL football team.
Will they continue to work Kid Rock concerts?

Old 09-26-2017, 03:56 PM

26,194 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You mean an employer should take away it's employee's ability to make money at a part time job because of another company's employee participated in a peaceful protest? So how far does it go? Sounds legit punish your folks for the actions of others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies