Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 03:46 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Your NFL clownshow has followed Colin Kaepernick, and Kaepernick admires Che Guevara, the man who hated blacks:
It's not about any one person. This all started before Kaepernick. Perhaps we could note that Trump said he admires Putin and is against this. Does that change things?

No. It's not about either of them.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, just because members of the military fight for that freedom doesn't mean they approve of the message from that speech.

It still comes down to the lie that America is a racist country. America is NOT racist.
People supported Nurse Wubbels when she said no. Not so when Eric Garner did it.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I'll note you have not shown a case where it has ever been a sign of disrespect."

Do I have to show you cases where the sun came up this morning?

Some things are common knowledge.
Kneeling has always been known as a sign of respect. Always.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:52 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Kneeling has always been known as a sign of respect. Always.
On mars? In the sewers? Certainly not on the surface of planet Earth for as long as national anthems have existed.

Hell, it's even enshrined in Federal law that you're supposed to stand per 36 U.S. Code § 301:

(b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1) when the flag is displayed—
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

There's a reason the law says nothing about kneeling, mostly because you'd be a moron to think taking a knee while everyone else stands is showing respect

Old 11-01-2017, 06:25 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
When OJ was acquitted everybody knew he was guilty, but pretty much all black people were happy that whites "were getting a taste of that kind of justice"

That's pretty much the attitude that carries to this day forward
Can you address what I said?

Old 11-01-2017, 06:30 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Exactly. And I'm not some rural hillbilly talking here - I'm an inner-city raised, college educated white boy who has had countless interactions with non-whites and all too often this is the case.
Again, prove it. Show me where groups of black people are celebrating when a white person is unjustly killed by police. Show me where groups of black people are making excuses for when police unjustly kill a white person. Show me where groups of black people are blaming white victims when police unjustly kill them.

The closest you'll find is when the white woman was killed in Minnesota and people were rattling off flashcard responses that yall tell black people.

So please, prove me wrong. Show me where black people support police killing whites unjustly.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:28 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
When OJ was acquitted everybody knew he was guilty, but pretty much all black people were happy that whites "were getting a taste of that kind of justice"

That's pretty much the attitude that carries to this day forward
Except this white man, who thought then and thinks now he's innocent of murder.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:55 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Innocent of murder in a court of law by verdict, killed two people nonetheless

Old 11-01-2017, 09:55 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The dumbest thing I've read all day.

Did you watch the documentary that came out recently? Couple of people he was close said he admitted he did it.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:54 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Stephen Paddock commits the deadliest mass shooting this country has ever seen and everyone has moved on.

Yet, the hypocrites can't stop talking about black athletes kneeling.

What does that tell you?
"What does that tell you?"

That as humans we ARE CAPABLE OF DOING MORE THEN ONE THING AT A TIME.

Of course there ARE exceptions. Maybe you CAN'T!

MANY of us think showing respect to your country IS important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies