Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 05:56 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Will this hurt the NFL? I don't think so, the players are all millionaires and the owners are billionaires.

I just think the whole season is ruined, if this keeps up.
No, PC won't kill this American pastime, not even for one season.

Trump supporting PC-Queens are going to lose this battle. They can punish themselves by not watching the games, and guess what? No one cares.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-27-2017 at 06:13 AM..

Old 09-27-2017, 05:58 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
This guy is a poster child for the Alt Right. He fits the mold perfectly.

Glad they stepped up and did the right thing by getting rid of him. Tomlin is far from what he called him, Tomlin is a gentleman and is well respected by everyone. Being from Pittsburgh originally, I am glad to see the city acted so fast in getting rid of this throwback to 1950 mentality,

Old 09-27-2017, 05:59 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
One could easily blame the protests for the racial divide. However, all it really reveals is how divided a nation we still are and have always been. I can look at the response.

-When Colin Kaepernick started kneeling during the anthem, I didn't see many, if any, Black people complaining about this. I saw more Blacks defending him than anything else. Most of the criticism came from White conservatives. I don't recall any White liberals criticizing him. I don't recall any Libertarians doing this.

-When Kaepernick ended up without a team to play for, it was mostly Black people saying "boycott the NFL". I didn't hear much of anything from Whites. When "taking the knee" starting spreading through the NFL, I haven't heard a peep from Black people saying "boycott the NFL". I've mostly heard White conservatives say they would not watch NFL games.

The racial divide even goes into who people root for. Super Bowl 48. Seahawks vs Broncos. I remember going on facebook and I found a bizarre pattern. Most Blacks were posting "Go Seahawks". Most Whites were posting "Go Broncos". I remember maybe one White person who rooted for the Seahawks. Now, I live in the Atlanta metropolitan area. while there are people from other states moving here, most of the people picking sides never lived in Seattle or Denver. And I'll come out and admit it. I'm Black and I rooted for the Seahawks. I used to live in the Seattle area, so I have a stake in it. I also root for the Seattle Mariners. Why do you think my username is green_mariner? Anyway, the racial divide even extended to the Super Bowl.

This NFL controversy only shows what has always been there.
People obsessed with race see racism everywhere.

It's essentially a form of paranoia today.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53
The intent of kneeling is to show disrespect for the flag and for this country.
Of course it isn't.

But that's what Limpbaugh, Hennity and tRump tell wingers to think, so there you are getting in step with what you're told.

The right wing deoends on compliant followers.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:03 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So much winning by Trump:

More on the story, use google if you don't like the source.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1c090fb8c213

EDIT: That look on Jerry Jones face. Don't need a caption there to read "F-You President Trump".
Seems like Jerry Jones did a complete 180 on his original thoughts on the protesters.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So much winning by Trump:

More on the story, use google if you don't like the source.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1c090fb8c213

EDIT: That look on Jerry Jones face. Don't need a caption there to read "F-You President Trump".
Did Jones and the ENTIRE team stand for the anthem?

It's a simple yes or no question.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:04 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Jerry Jones is a hypocrite. The NFL is an anti American, leftist, PC league. However, their league, their rules. It is a private enterprise, and they can do what they want. For the first time in over fifty years I stopped watching. That's my right, and I am now OK with anything they do as I am NO LONGER A CUSTOMER.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:05 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,310 times
Wait for it....wait for it....'what about his right to free speech'. Whaaaaaaa......

Old 09-27-2017, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Jerry Jones is a hypocrite. The NFL is an anti American, leftist, PC league. However, their league, their rules. It is a private enterprise, and they can do what they want. For the first time in over fifty years I stopped watching. That's my right, and I am now OK with anything they do as I am NO LONGER A CUSTOMER.
He had his team stand for the anthem.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:07 AM

45,344 posts, read 60,522,810 times
I didn't know you could "fire" a volunteer. So no, he's not out of a job. Which seems to be what a couple of you think.

Tell you what will happen, since volunteer departments generally elect their officers every year or two years. He'll remain a member of the department, likely remain on the board of directors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies